Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
No but he thinks the city of Toronto looks upon him as if he is a god
No, he thinks some fans think of the Leafs players kind of like gods. I suppose including him.
A lot of fans on here have the Leafs directly influencing their lives, they pray that the Leafs win or just want to see the Leafs win one cup before they die. I mean they are not gods but although Mitch put his foot in his mouth, understands the impact that the team has on many of the fans.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Being trolled by Tkachuk was icing on this shit cake…….
Most likely a shot to the fan base for the we want Florida last year.
Trolling doesn’t work for the Leafs cause you actually have to do something first.

Reactions: hotpaws

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Trolling doesn’t work for the Leafs cause you actually have to do something first.

Tkachuk enjoys clowning the Leafs but I still get a kick out of how Muzzin lobbed a puck at him and it unraveled his entire tenure in Calgary. It’s a shame Boston and Florida can’t simultaneously eliminate each other.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
If Shanahan is back he's the ultimate snake oil salesman. Chelios, as much of a clown he is himself, was right - Shanny is a total politician.

I mean it was obvious from the start, the line about expecting our RFAs to take discounts is a bit rich coming from the guy who signed arguably the most notorious offer sheet in league history coming off career highs of 30 goals and 70-some points.

When he was the PA rep in the lockout pushing his NuNHL plan he was a vocal proponent of getting young players paid more and faster, but when it’s convenient to him as president he needs them to slow down and take discounts so Marleau can eat.

Makes the game softer as head of DOPS and goes on about making the game safe for young high skill stars during the lockout negotiations, then complains we lack killer instinct and a playoff style game when he’s president. Our guys get suspended in the playoffs how many times based off rules he pushed for as DOPS boss? And then the grand comedic cherry on the cake, we can’t even score on the power play fiesta he spent over a decade engineering.

He very directly created the type of league this type of team should succeed in and then immediately pivoted back on all his former progressive positions when it crashed and burned.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
There was the food poisoning idea, which is a bit sensitive to talk about.

It's not like he's going to say, "Oh yeah, I was shitting threw the eye of a needle."

Stop making excuses for him.

He very specifically said he was sick but he got hit in game 4 and that was uncomfortable but he never gave any details at all on injury from that hit...

When other players reveal all their battle scars and injuries they play through, broken bones, dislocated joints, etc.... Matthews has to tell us what he had.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Exactly.

He is who he is.

It's on the GM for thinking this was THE GUY to lead us to the promised land.
My takeaways were that the offence just wasn't good enough for the majority of the series and that Woll was clearly superior whenever he was called upon - and able - to take the net.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Dealing with Marner is easy. Tell him you're not re-signing him at any price.

Is it commonplace in corporate Canada to be stupid? I mean is the brain drain really this bad? What do we have 5 large corps that are well run (by foreign CEOs often). He rest sit at the govts feet like Bombardier Rogers Bell.

Its freaking unreal how weak these types are. Clean house they all Fd up large. Restructure under a new GM (abandon team president. That position is defacto GM with cover) if BT is the guy so be it, but make him President and GM.

These guys need to buy a clue already

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
My takeaways were that the offence just wasn't good enough for the majority of the series and that Woll was clearly superior whenever he was called upon and able to take the net.

This is what happened.

But it couldn't have been Plan #1 for Leafs management to have their Backup come in and takeover for their Starter..

Reactions: Buds17

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I’m guessing the injuries and illness don’t sound that substantial on paper and has the potential to open up the player to more ridicule.

He very specifically said he was sick but he got hit in game 4 and that was uncomfortable but he never gave any details at all on injury from that hit...

When other players reveal all their battle scars and injuries they play through, broken bones, dislocated joints, etc.... Matthews has to tell us what he had.

It’ll come out eventually.

We know this much. The medical staff, as he was trying to play through an illness, was concerned enough that they removed him from the game.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
It’ll come out eventually.

We know this much. The medical staff, as he was trying to play through an illness, was concerned enough that they removed him from the game.

He said on they night they lost, it'll come out in next few days, doesn't wanna go into it.

Few days later: "I don't wanna go into it".

Hey, if you're okay with that level of accountability from your highest paid star then by all means....

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
He said on they night they lost, it'll come out in next few days, doesn't wanna go into it.

Hey, if you're okay with that level of accountability from your highest paid star then by all means....
It’ll come out. The guy is still pissed off. Hell, I’m still pissed off, imagine them, less then 48h’s ago.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don’t know how they sleep at night let alone enjoy the off season………

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

He mailed it in, not willing to play through the pain other players suck it up to help their teams……..

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
This is what happened.

But it couldn't have been Plan #1 for Leafs management to have their Backup come in and takeover for their Starter..
Looking at Woll's stats and thinking about how the series might have went if only he had played more will always make me wonder. The goaltending and the handling of the goaltending still felt like a problem though rather than the problem due to the paltry amount of offence generated throughout so much of the series.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I don’t know if I want a Rogers and Bell board having more on ice input to be honest. You’re just choosing between bad options at that point.
We have seen what happens when owners have had say on the on ice product, I'd rather Shanahan run the show if those where the two options.

Reactions: Buds17

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Perspective, guy plays for the money, personally I don’t think he cares about winning, especially if it means playing with some aches and pains……..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad