Locker room cancer Ryan O'Reilly wins Conn Smythe and Frank J Selke Trophies

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
My guess is that everyone knows the trade was lopsided in our favor and creating part 2 of that would simply give too many people with an agenda a platform to dump all over Buffalo needlessly. That and the amount of time lapsed since part 1 was created.

Better we just keep the celebratory stuff about that trade to our board. Kicking dirt in a suffering fan bases face isn't a good look. That's how you become Boston, no thanks.

Several individuals of the Buffalo fan base deserve to have this shoveled in their face for a loooong time. A few members of the Buffalo media deserve it as well, because they played to the fringe in December and January, and wrote some really stupid stuff.

You are right, though. Buffalo fans as a whole are probably the best the NHL has, honestly. It’s just a signal of that, but all it takes to get an idea of that is a look at the TV ratings for any random NHL game. They are always at the top, and their team has given them NOTHING in recent years, so it’s remarkable they still draw that level of interest.

So, hopefully, the majority of Sabres fans know that the jabs are targeted to that lunatic fringe that so richly deserves them. Best not to bring it to their board to remove any confusion on that.

Reactions: STLomacneko

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Everytime I think of something snarky to write about the trade to Buffalo I remind myself that the internet wasn't in full social media bloom like today when we dumped Pronger for essentially a handful of trinkets. Can you imagine the roasting that we would be taking on in today's social media driven world? Yikes.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Everytime I think of something snarky to write about the trade to Buffalo I remind myself that the internet wasn't in full social media bloom like today when we dumped Pronger for essentially a handful of trinkets. Can you imagine the roasting that we would be taking on in today's social media driven world? Yikes.
But none of us would be arguing Pronger was a problem on the Blues. We’d have joined right in lambasting the trade.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Several individuals of the Buffalo fan base deserve to have this shoveled in their face for a loooong time. A few members of the Buffalo media deserve it as well, because they played to the fringe in December and January, and wrote some really stupid stuff.

You are right, though. Buffalo fans as a whole are probably the best the NHL has, honestly. It’s just a signal of that, but all it takes to get an idea of that is a look at the TV ratings for any random NHL game. They are always at the top, and their team has given them NOTHING in recent years, so it’s remarkable they still draw that level of interest.

So, hopefully, the majority of Sabres fans know that the jabs are targeted to that lunatic fringe that so richly deserves them. Best not to bring it to their board to remove any confusion on that.

Ranksu wasn't talking about the Sabre board, he was talking about the trade board just to clarify. I was suggesting making part 2 of that thread on the trade board would be a bad idea and apparently the powers that be felt the same. Idk, it makes sense to me.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
This post. :laugh:

upload_2019-6-20_13-18-35.png

Reactions: Itsnotatrap

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Love this guy. He’s just a true hockey player. Lucky to have him and he deserves these trophies for how hard he played every single game from the moment he got here.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Ryan O'Reilly had played in the league for several years when we acquired him. Yet I couldn't remember ever seeing him play.

Even Armstrong couldn't have dreamed that he would be as good for us as he turned out to be. Or is Armstrong that good that he saw a great player, a diamond in the rough, bored and frustrated in playing for a bad team?

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
Ryan O'Reilly had played in the league for several years when we acquired him. Yet I couldn't remember ever seeing him play.

Even Armstrong couldn't have dreamed that he would be as good for us as he turned out to be. Or is Armstrong that good that he saw a great player, a diamond in the rough, bored and frustrated in playing for a bad team?

He has been this good for years. His usage in Buffalo was terrible, especially that last year under Housley, but I don't believe for a second that GMs didn't know how good ROR was. What tanked his value was the signing bonus deadline.

The whole "lost my love of the game" thing was absurdly overblown IMO. Despite being on a terrible Buffalo squad, he set an NHL record for faceoff wins that year, and was right on pace for his career average in points with 61. He obviously had more to give on a team that 1) knew how to deploy him and 2) had more talent to ice with him.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Goes to show you can't believe all what you read or hear regarding players.
Most of these players are all ok guys. Compare it to the NBA or MLB and then you
can talk.

Mar 6, 2012
What the heck uniform is he wearing in number 9? Is that the preseason?

EDIT: Wait, All-Star game... never mind...

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
When was he diagnosed with cancer?

Is that why he drove his truck into a Tim Horton’s?

I think you mean when some unknown person drove his truck into a Tim Horton's and fled the scene while O'Reilly just happened to be walking around in the same general vicinity in a completely unrelated coincidence?

:sarcasm:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

I love Panger’s celly after number 7. God I wish we could’ve had JK and Panger for the Cup Final. I’m sure we’ll hear a bunch of stories about the run from them this season but it’s still not quite the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad