Locker room cancer Ryan O'Reilly wins Conn Smythe and Frank J Selke Trophies

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
O'Reilly had to endure a lot of badmouthing of his heart and influence in the locker room. He was vilified in some circles in Buffalo, by at least some of their local press. He came ready to play at the beginning of the season, but the team result wasn't there. I'm sure he wanted to make a response to the negativity, but it wasn't happening.

But now he has his Selke nomination (maybe win?), a Conn Smythe trophy and his name etched on the Stanley Cup. Its got to be very gratifying to have this type of solid evidence of his character and value as a teammate. What a response to those critics!

I'm so happy for him.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I feel bad for Buf fans. Most knew what he was and the value that they got back. Jack attack can keep validating the trade though, for all I care. I’ll probably still need some entertainment in the offseason

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
O'Reilly had to endure a lot of badmouthing of his heart and influence in the locker room. He was vilified in some circles in Buffalo, by at least some of their local press. He came ready to play at the beginning of the season, but the team result wasn't there. I'm sure he wanted to make a response to the negativity, but it wasn't happening.

But now he has his Selke nomination (maybe win?), a Conn Smythe trophy and his name etched on the Stanley Cup. Its got to be very gratifying to have this type of solid evidence of his character and value as a teammate. What a response to those critics!

I'm so happy for him.

That headline is glorious. Some of the stuff the media peddled in December about him is embarrassing. Put aside what he did in the playoffs. What he did October-December, when things were going really wrong, is inspirational & I doubt we would even have been in the playoffs if he didn’t commit to pushing on when we were playing like garbage then. We were really, REALLY, close to selling off, and the facts on the ground supported Army doing so if we are being honest. This is speculation, but I think the fact that he decided to take value on Shatty and Stastny, and the worries about the message that would send fans to do it 3 years in a row, along with basic job security concerns, helped hold that stuff off.

TLDR: I think the margin between winning a f’in Cup and blowing it up was terrifyingly thin, and ROR is the number one reason it all got held together to the deadline this year.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
The malignancy is spreading. All the awards are being affected at this stage.

192F9B3F-1CF3-47D1-8C76-B670499FEC0E.jpeg

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Lol, this is our O'Reilly official thread. Fine.

Btw seached O'Reilly thread, but official it was locked and not given change to make a part 2.

Confirmed with Link: - ROR traded to STL

My guess is that everyone knows the trade was lopsided in our favor and creating part 2 of that would simply give too many people with an agenda a platform to dump all over Buffalo needlessly. That and the amount of time lapsed since part 1 was created.

Better we just keep the celebratory stuff about that trade to our board. Kicking dirt in a suffering fan bases face isn't a good look. That's how you become Boston, no thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad