Locker Clean Out Day 1, 4/17/2024; Day 2 4/18/2024

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That falls alot on Adams as well thru his comments about relying on internal growth and not having any competition in training camp. Complacency

Indeed it does. Also ties in with some early comments from Granato that he wasn't pleased with what he had to work with, that there was no addition, back at the start of the season.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Indeed it does. Also ties in with some early comments from Granato that he wasn't pleased with what he had to work with, that there was no addition, back at the start of the season.
I said that Adams owed Granato moves when the season started to slip away…but we also couldn’t run back this coach waiting for Adams to make them. Yeah it sucks for him. He deserved the roster we all know Adams failed to build. But. There were more than enough reasons for Don to get fired even taking that into account. There was just no improvement in too many areas that were an obvious coaching issue from game 1. Can’t get them to show up on time. Can’t fix the PP at all. Can’t figure out goalie pulls or timeouts. Can’t bench guys. Can’t get them to retrieve pucks on a dump in so they never crack the other teams clogging entries the way the Rangers did opening night. Just…stuff that, yeah…better players would have helped…but there were bigger issues that he couldn’t solve, adjust to or prepare for.

I wish Adams had replaced Quinn and remade the bottom six. But that’s not why Don is gone. That’s why the team has other problems to deal with outside of coaching…but it isn’t why he’s gone. If UPL doesn’t have his season…the record would have reflected the job they’ve done a lot better.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Dahlin contradiction - "It wasn't that guys didn't compete" and then followed by may have taken some teams too lightly.

Need better focus in practice as a team.
Practice habits lead to game performance. (Like one would expect from the son of a high level coach).
Hates not being in the playoffs.
"Need a new mentality on the powerplay".

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Dahlin says he's learned a bit from everyone who was captain including Eichel. A callback to Joel Lundqvist too.

Noticed that the interrupters were MH and PHam, just saying.

Reactions: Beerz and Gabrielor

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I wouldn't mind having guys tell someone who is slacking to get the f*** to work or else.
This hits at the heart of a problem that KA skipped over...what is the or else? We seen numerous times where players appeared to be going through the motions. A coach or team leaders can give a quick "wake the eff up." But is KA at the point that someone might need to be moved if nowhere else the Rochester? The only tool a coach has to enforce discipline is TOI. Is KA willing to allow a hc to bench a spec or even more Thompson or Tuch if need be? Color me sceptical on all fronts.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Based on the pics, Bryson and Benson both were doing their gear this morning. I don't know if either will be part of this huddle. It seems they only trot out about half the team even over the two days.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I wouldn't mind having guys tell someone who is slacking to get the f*** to work or else.
And that means A LOT coming from a fellow teammate. You know the coach is going to ride you at times, but if a teammate is calling you out- it's humbling.

We desperately need what Brind'Amour brought to the Canes when he arrived. I read a while back that Aho said the didnt like losing prior to Brind'Amour being hired, but he made it so they HATED losing.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Based on the comments by Tage, Tuch and Dahlin; it seems like too often players took things too casually and never would get punished for it. Tage played through an injury most of the year so it makes sense that he'd be a bit bitter about others not putting for the same effort that he had to jsut to play to begin with.

Dahlin would be angry due to the minutes he played being exorbitant. Lastly Tuch has been on very successful teams to begin with.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Jeez. It almost sounds like a lot of the room WANTED Granato fired. They certainly don't seem upset that he's gone.

Potentially, I could see a number of players being bitter about their teammates not buying into a more defensive posture and then never getting punished.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad