OT: Local sports coverage talk (the Athletic/Local TV/TBN/WGR/Charging Buffalo/LGA, etc)

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Does any other market have this nonsense between journalists?
Probably, but goddamn does Mike Harrington bring it on himself. He is so unprofessional. Tim Graham has every right to call him out here and good on him for doing so. I look forward to seeing how this pans outs.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Probably, but goddamn does Mike Harrington bring it on himself. He is so unprofessional. Tim Graham has every right to call him out here and good on him for doing so. I look forward to seeing how this pans outs.

Harrington is an idiot. So, too, is Tim Graham. But it appears the latter has many fans of his playground bully act.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Harrington is an idiot. So, too, is Tim Graham. But it appears the latter has many fans of his playground bully act.
Fair enough. I personally like it when Harrington has to take a few lumps. the guy just makes my skin crawl, but i agree that the playground bully act has no place in professional journalism.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Every time I see a public feud between these guys, I first judge them for their lack of professionalism, then I cringe as I start to read the exchange, then I finally end out laughing out loud at the idiocy: sometimes the idiocy of the exchange, then other times at the idiocy of one over the other. All the while clicking though every nook and cranny; reading every comment.

I guess I'm ultimately just a judgemental, voyeuristic SOB.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Every time I see a public feud between these guys, I first judge them for their lack of professionalism, then I cringe as I start to read the exchange, then I finally end out laughing out loud at the idiocy: sometimes the idiocy of the exchange, then other times at the idiocy of one over the other. All the while clicking though every nook and cranny; reading every comment.

I guess I'm ultimately just a judgemental, voyeuristic SOB.

Worse yet, it seems to be rubbing off on some of the other writers, too (e.g., Vogl's tweet this summer about Harrington not having any friends). Again, Harrington is an idiot and he's brought a lot of his issues on himself. But I really DGAF about their pettiness or whatever workplace squabbles they had at TBN. If they want to hash it out behind some watering hole, go for it. But this incessant sniping on Twitter is childish.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Harrington was just out done by a non-journalist. Who isn't even a native speaker.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Does any other market have this nonsense between journalists?
Search for Fisticuffs at the Washington Post on youtube.
Don Paul had a long running feud with another local weatherman, It may have been Mike Randall. Paul insisted he was the most qualified and gave better forecasts.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Search for Fisticuffs at the Washington Post on youtube.
Don Paul had a long running feud with another local weatherman, It may have been Mike Randall. Paul insisted he was the most qualified and gave better forecasts.

Really? I shared a story before about how I could tell the Channel 4 producer of the 11PM news back in the early 2000's HATED Don Paul.

But now Don Paul and Mike Randall are coworkers at Channel 7. Wonder how that is working.

Mike

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Really? I shared a story before about how I could tell the Channel 4 producer of the 11PM news back in the early 2000's HATED Don Paul.

But now Don Paul and Mike Randall are coworkers at Channel 7. Wonder how that is working.

Mike
Don Paul has a bachelor's degree in meteorology. The other "weathermen" have a certificate from the American Meteorological Society. How dare people with a pathetic certificate talk about the weather! Paul looked down on them the same way Harrington does with bloggers.

Reactions: Dingo44

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'de pay to watch Graham and Harrington slap each other. Will it be streamed anywhere?
This has crowdfunding possibilities. If x amount of money is raised they agree to the match with the winner donating the proceeds to a charity of his choice. Those who donate are guaranteed admittance. Those who don't have to pay full price.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
This has crowdfunding possibilities. If x amount of money is raised they agree to the match with the winner donating the proceeds to a charity of his choice. Those who donate are guaranteed admittance. Those who don't have to pay full price.

We can call it unfoxy boxing . Maybe we can get Bucky singing emo songs about 7/1/07 as the opener?

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Absolutely. Tim Graham is a fantastic writer, but he is completely unfollowable on twitter. I don't care about your constant twitter beefs with people, dude.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Absolutely. Tim Graham is a fantastic writer, but he is completely unfollowable on twitter. I don't care about your constant twitter beefs with people, dude.
Graham is serious writer. He's working diligently on becoming a member of the misanthropic writers guild. Only then will his skills be truly recognized. There's a long list, but it's well worth hating everyone to be on it. This is what makes a legacy. Some of the more prominent ones are Harlan Ellison, Jonathan Franzen, VS Naipaul, Gore Vidal, Cormac McCarthy, Hunter S Thompson, Martin Amis, Garrison Keillor, James Joyce, Charles Bukowski, Earnest Hemingway. There's a fine line, also known as the Harrington line, between being a misanthropic writer and a smelly orifice.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
What’s worse than posting ANYTHING from Harrington?

Posting ANYTHING from Sullivan.

The fact that anyone actually follows his twitter feed let alone posts it here is ... something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad