OT: Local Hockey Thread

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Perhaps everyone can shed a little light on this as we're pretty spread out, I wanted to make a thread and sticky it in our forum with some info on places you can play hockey (organized or public) and maybe some pro shops, etc...

ROLLER:

Terrace Sports, 56th Street and Busch Blvd. Last time I played, fees came in about 80 bucks for a season, I forget how many games. Recently redid the floor with sportcourt. They also have a pro shop, I don't recall the name but it has a decent selection.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
OUTDOOR RINKS:

Zephyrhills: Right next to the bottled water facility. Has fencing and dashers.

New Tampa: Cory Lake Isles, across the street from the clubhouse. Lit, has boards/dashers, but you have to get access.

BRichards19

May 29, 2009
TAMPA...... BAY!
I can add two to the outdoor rink list.

Lutz: Heritage Harbor has a small rink (maybe half the size of regulation) that's great for just a handful of people. The guardhouse to get in to HH is only occupied at certain times to save money and when it is all they do is check your tag.

Tampa: There's a rink at Kirby ave and Florida ave in a just-built community park called Riverview Terrace Playground. This place is NICE. Full size rink with benches, bleachers, a scoreboard, and high fencing. It's either just finished with construction or is being put the finishing touches on. To reserve the rink, you currently have to call the park and recreation department; however, when they finish the entire park I believe they'll have someone on-site that you can talk to and let you play there.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i wish i could contribute to this thread but im not allowed to play hockey anymore because u am really good, i skate and shoot and pass really well, and im better than all of you most likely

TBLightningFan

Apr 20, 2004
Tampa
i wish i could contribute to this thread but im not allowed to play hockey anymore because u am really good, i skate and shoot and pass really well, and im better than all of you most likely

I may suck at it... but hey I'll still take you on.. ha ha ha

Its the only way to get better...right?

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
In Brandon, the fee per team per season is $2800. Depending on how many players you carry most guys end up paying $280-$200.

Save for Friday nights, every night has a different level adult (18+) league.

The locker rooms are fairly sparse, but big enough for a full 20 player team. Each has it's own shower stalls and bathrooms, plus a lockable door.

2 sheets of ice.

I could probably answer most questions about this place, so fire away. :)

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
For those of you in Orlando/Kissimmee area...

Ice Hockey:

Ice Factory (Kissimmee): Hockey is Monday night beginners league, Thursday night A/B league, and Sunday night B/C league, and sometimes they do a Tuesday night league B/C... Sunday mornings and Wed. nights they have pickup games...

RDV Sportsplex (Maitland/N. Orlando): This is a pretty nice rink from what I hear, but I couldn't tell you too much about it since i've never been.. I also hear the level of play there is higher...

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Ice Hockey:

Ice Factory (Kissimmee): Hockey is Monday night beginners league, Thursday night A/B league, and Sunday night B/C league, and sometimes they do a Tuesday night league B/C... Sunday mornings and Wed. nights they have pickup games...

RDV Sportsplex (Maitland/N. Orlando): This is a pretty nice rink from what I hear, but I couldn't tell you too much about it since i've never been.. I also hear the level of play there is higher...

Thank you very much for your input. :nod:

Kristia/HF02, can we sticky this?

RTA Supra

Jul 2, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
I'm a true beginner to ice hockey so I can't really rate the ice or anything like that, but I've been playing at the Brandon Ice Sports Forum. The crowd there has been great and very patient with me. I actually liked it so much that I joined their beginner league and will be starting next week. I've also been to J.P. Igloo in Ellenton which is a nice place too.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

Ice Hockey:

Is the Ice Factory the one off of I-Drive with the bowling alley next to it?

That place is run by the mafia as a front...Im sure of it lol.

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
Is the Ice Factory the one off of I-Drive with the bowling alley next to it?

That place is run by the mafia as a front...Im sure of it lol.

Nope, it is however right off the Florida Turnpike 192 exit...

Ice Factory
2221 Partin Settlement Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34744
(407) 933-4259

If it were a front for the mafia than i'm pretty sure I wouldn't be too intimidated, and they do a heckuva job laundering money through pizza and beer...

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
I personally love the Brandon Ice Sports Forum seeing as thats where all the high school games were played for my district. Very fun to watch!

paperclip maniac

Nov 13, 2008
Orlando
www.myspace.com

Ice Hockey:

I'm pretty sure the A/B league is Sunday night and the B/C league is Thursday night. Geoff plays Thursday nights remember?

CommunistDayKare

I'M SORRY RUM HAM
Mar 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
Is there any good places for a kids league or classes? Ever since I took my 11 year old nephew to a behind the blue line event over the summer and he got to meet Hedman and Stammer, he can't get enough of hockey.

BRichards19

May 29, 2009
TAMPA...... BAY!
Tampa: There's a rink at Kirby ave and Florida ave in a just-built community park called Riverview Terrace Playground. This place is NICE. Full size rink with benches, bleachers, a scoreboard, and high fencing. It's either just finished with construction or is being put the finishing touches on. To reserve the rink, you currently have to call the park and recreation department; however, when they finish the entire park I believe they'll have someone on-site that you can talk to and let you play there.

So I finally got around to looking into this rink. It's totally lame. The Tampa Rec. Department doesn't own the rink at all. Instead, it's the property of some guy named Al who charges people to play there. $10 an hour with a minimum of two hours. "Unless he's busy during the reserved time, then it's an extra $25 per hour." WTF?

Oh well.

PalmStickSun

Jan 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
Does anyone know of any floor hockey going on in the Tampa area this summer? I'd like to get some in on weekends and I don't really have the means to pick up ice hockey, at least not now.

Razzmatazz

Feb 2, 2010
I'm returning to the area in a few weeks and am signed up for the next Adult Beginner League at Brandon...anyone else play there?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad