Local Fan Check-in!

Discussion in 'Seattle' started by SoldiersOfFilth, Dec 5, 2018.

1. SlickShot

SlickShot Registered User

I'm a Calgary Flames fan but Seattle is going to be my second favorite team. Too bad they are in the same division :D Should be fun though! I'm a die hard Mariners and Seahawks fan so it's going to be great for Seattle to have a NHL team.

2. Flyingsquad23

Flyingsquad23 Registered User

Been waiting for this since the 80's when my love of hockey started rolling. Live in Tacoma and other than the Rockets and Thunderbirds I haven't had a diehard favorite. I've followed and attened Canucks games and the Roenick Blackhawks teams received some rooting interest.
    So many great players over the years to name them all and really all I can think about is who will be "OUR" first super star.
    As hard as its been all these years waiting for a team the wait has never been as exciting as its been since I got my STN #1241... All I need now is a name and some gear to start representing.
    Seattle sports have been consuming my time and money my whole adult life. 23 year ticket holder for the Seahawks and many hundreds of games supporting all the others. I've been fortunate to have been in the building for many of Seattles greatest sports moments most recently attending the HOF induction of my biggest Seattle sports hero...The Kid!
    Looking forward to digging into all the upcoming decisions regarding coach/player etc.

Screen name...it's a Longshore thing

Dog likes this.
  3. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Seattle Sin Bin

Hello, Neighbor!

Puyallup here as well!

SundayNiteBlackout likes this.
  4. Dog

Dog Arf! Arf! Arf!

Mad Max's Dog
    Hi, I have been leaf fan since 1998. I live in the east coast. Visiting Seattle for first time this summer and if I like it might move out there. Seattle will become either my first or 2nd team. If I end up moving there they will become my first team. So excited for Seattle and for the Northwest. Love hockey and glad to see a market that deserves an NHL team finally getting one.

SoldiersOfFilth likes this.
  5. Karl with a C

Karl with a C Registered User

Hey guys.

I'm staying in Seattle for the week near the Washington convention center. Would love to watch the Sharks on Monday. Any sports bar recommendations that play hockey nearby?

6. gstommylee

gstommylee Registered User

Angry beaver hockey bar but that's north Seattle in the greenwood area west of northgate.

Karl with a C likes this.
  7. tank44

tank44 Registered User

Petoskys in Fremont neighborhood is closer but still a trek for a hockey bar. Buckleys in Belltown is a good sports bar and relatively close for you. You should be able to get the game on tv anywhere if you ask since Mariners are out east and thus playing at 4pm.

8. BattleBorn

BattleBorn Tuched In.

It's a little late, but you should be able to get the game most anywhere that shows sports. I think a lot of sports bars play hockey over basketball out of spite.

Definitely suggest the Angry Beaver though. It's a bit of a dive, but it's a great place to catch a game and there's always a lot of Sharks fans, much to my dismay. I think it's the whole tech city thing. Lots of San Jose transplants.

9. Karl with a C

Karl with a C Registered User

Thanks for the replies. I ended up going to the Sports Lodge Grille on 4th Ave. It was great, the bartender was a huge fan and we chatted a lot about the games.

10. PacificNWBruin

PacificNWBruin Registered User

Boston Bruins fan first. St. Louis Blues fan second until Seattle’s expansion draft!

Living in Spokane, WA.

11. SoldiersOfFilth

SoldiersOfFilth Hamildone with Neely

Guitarist for Persepolis
    I dont think I updated since I started the thread:

Bruins fan who recently moved from Oly to Columbia City, Seattle.

12. ConnorMcMullet

ConnorMcMullet Hail Holland

Woah, that's pretty cool. Who was it, if you don't mind me asking? PM me if you want.

13. SabresHockey66

SabresHockey66 Registered User

Software Engineer
    Originally from Buffalo, moved to Colorado after college and after a few years there, moved to Seattle in 2013 for work.

Not a fan of living in CO (at least where I was) but have felt at home since I got here. Love the area.

Used to live in North Seattle but recently bought a home up in Lynnwood.

Being a Sabres fan is hard, but they will always be my #1. Good thing I only have to root against our Seattle team twice a year.

Last edited: May 23, 2019 at 9:00 PM