OT: LOCAL COVID19 - PART I... Seriously, local only

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
it's not really an apples to apples comparison though....countries like Australia and New Zealand had some distinct advantages in containing covid

Like Atlantic Canada and Nunavut? Some parts of Canada did really well. The vaccination rates werent different.

Reactions: JD1

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
i said we are a more complicit society, using complicit as an adjective ....canadians are more likely to willingly get in line because we were instructed to do so....Americans far more likely to read the constitution to understand what the government can and cannot make them to do

Showing results for complicit vs comply
Search instead for complicit versus comply
Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

As adjectives the difference between complicit and compliantis that complicit is associated with or participating in an activity, especially one of a questionable nature while compliant is willing to comply; yielding; bending; pliant; submissive; willing to do what someone wants.

Dude, you used the wrong word. Relax. Complicit is pretty much only used in terms of participating in a crime. Get over it. You're starting to look silly.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
As the US and CDC continue to ease restrictions with vaccines proving to be more effective at reducing symptoms AND transmission, Canada's health "leaders" continue to fear monger and beat down their populace.

New York and California announce, essentially, a full-reopening on July 1st (sports events, broadway, concerts, etc).
Toronto cancels all major summer events, Lisa McLeod says the CFLs plan to have SOME fans in the stands in August is "ambitious".

The CDC says fully-vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks indoors or outdoors, regardless of the gathering size, as there is next to no risk to them or others.
Deputy Chief Public Officer of Canada comes out and says that Canada is unlikely to follow the US approach to easing restrictions, saying, "we have a community approach, so it's not about what an individual should be able to do with one or two doses."

These people have completely lost all sense of logic and reason. "Trust the science" has been completely abandoned by this country.

I do wonder if cancelling all events for the summer is partly due to trying to be fair to all summer events.

Likely events in June and early July will be cancelled (we are behind both USA and UK and I don't think we can expect any events until August ). So instead of allowing only August events, they just cancel them all.

Obviously I have no idea what's going on in the heads of decision makers, so who knows.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So, my age group got opened up (for vaccination registration) at midnight tonight and so far I've spent half an hour trying to register with the system just refreshing the broken ass website. I know lots of people here have talked about the hoops they've had to go through to get theirs, but all this website is doing is registering my information, and there's already been half a dozen waves of applicants, I'd have really thought they'd have it figured out by now. All I wanna do is go to bed ffs. I'm not even particularly rabid about wanting the vaccine, but it seems like a small sacrifice to make to get things running again and I just want to get it over with.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
So, my age group got opened up (for vaccination registration) at midnight tonight and so far I've spent half an hour trying to register with the system just refreshing the broken ass website. I know lots of people here have talked about the hoops they've had to go through to get theirs, but all this website is doing is registering my information, and there's already been half a dozen waves of applicants, I'd have really thought they'd have it figured out by now. All I wanna do is go to bed ffs. I'm not even particularly rabid about wanting the vaccine, but it seems like a small sacrifice to make to get things running again and I just want to get it over with.

when I registered it took me five minutes... smooth

Reactions: slamigo

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
WE CAN FINALLY ENTER THE PUB!

Hooray.

Second jab this evening too; taking tomorrow off work because I’m weak and can’t handle the man-flu that came with the first one.

Finally getting my second shot on Friday (got pushed up because healthcare worker now in a Covid unit)! Hopefully I won't be too bad because I'm working the long weekend + 30 weeks pregnant so don't really want to deal with flu type symptoms on top of it all. But who knows! I had no issue with the first shot beyond a sore arm.

Happy to be getting it a bit earlier than I would have! (It was originally scheduled the day before my birthday).

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Finally getting my second shot on Friday (got pushed up because healthcare worker now in a Covid unit)! Hopefully I won't be too bad because I'm working the long weekend + 30 weeks pregnant so don't really want to deal with flu type symptoms on top of it all. But who knows! I had no issue with the first shot beyond a sore arm.

Happy to be getting it a bit earlier than I would have! (It was originally scheduled the day before my birthday).
Congratulations on the pregnancy!
What vaccine are you having? In the UK, as it stands, pregnant persons aren’t receiving the vaccine. The dear lady is 37+4, (was) working in a hospital and hasn’t had any jab yet!

Reactions: Here I Pageau Again

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Congratulations on the pregnancy!
What vaccine are you having? In the UK, as it stands, pregnant persons aren’t receiving the vaccine. The dear lady is 37+4, (was) working in a hospital and hasn’t had any jab yet!

I got Pfizer. I actually had it before Pfizer had published data on it (recommended by my fertility Dr + a friend does research with mRNA technology and has a PhD in immunology). But in Ontario it's now recommended that pregnant women get vaccinated.

I feel so much safer, especially now having half our unit COVID patients, being vaccinated. And I see no reason why pregnant women can't at least have Pfizer (also gives baby antibodies). And thanks! Congrats to you too!

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
He said that like 6 months ago too.

He very well knows that the city doesn't need the CTC to have a "mass vaccination" clinic. Being (formerly?) in the pharmaceutical business himself, he should know that. It's not particularly well located for the majority of the Ottawa population for something that should be a 30 minute in and out thing. Community centres, municipal property and neighbourhood pharmacies are clearly the best method, it has to be close to where people live. He knows this and is just trying to score some PR points to stay relevant or else why would he constantly go to the paper to complain that he's offered help and no one wants it. Obviously the city/province doesn't need or want to deal with him.

I mean, if his arena were located near downtown Ottawa, let's just pick a random place like Lebreton flats, then the building would be much better fitted for this purpose. People could get on public transit, get their shot, wait 15 minutes, and then hop back on their bus/train to get back home in the same time it would take most to get to CTC! You could probably even grab snack to go while you're there to encourage your local restaurants!

Or the most likely thing is that it's all just a big misunderstanding since the satellite phone reception from in the middle of the tumultuous Caribbean ocean was so bad, Mayor Watson couldn't understand anything. Now that Eugene is back on solid ground, they'll surely get this sorted out.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
when I registered it took me five minutes... smooth

Nice, yeah, they managed to get it fixed in about three quarters of an hour. Then of course the next day I got a text saying some of my info was wrong, which I double-checked and it wasn't, so I suspect they have my name mistyped in some central registry somewhere. Went through half a dozen people on the help line yesterday only to be told it should get cleared up in a couple days. Meanwhile friends who also registered have already been in for their first shot. It's not a huge deal, but it is a tad frustrating

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I’m going to skip my vaccine appointment Monday

no indoor dining till October
No gyms till October
No haircuts till August (I solved this one by finding a hairdresser on kijiji and setting up an appointment at her house)

and that’s if the plan goes well... no benefit to get the vaccine

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011

No gyms till October
No haircuts till August (I solved this one by finding a hairdresser on kijiji and setting up an appointment at her house)

No one cares what you do.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

No gyms till October

That is quite the twisted logic.

Reactions: Masked
Oct 10, 2010

No gyms till October

Stuff is all underground and that hasn't changed since the very beginning.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Some people will twist things into knots just because they're scared of a little needle.

I’m going to get a needle today but I have to wait till October to use a gym.. if lucky

with the amount of vaccine coming in I might as well just wait until Ontario decides it wants to open

anyways found a hairdresser of kijiji and will get an illegal haircut lol
What a stupid government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->