Loaded defense the strength of Edmonton Oilers prospect system

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The Edmonton Oilers have a diverse group of talent in their pipeline, most notably in their pool of 13 defensive prospects. Edmonton’s 2013 first round pick Darnell Nurse has been particularly impressive in his few outings as an Oiler.

Dark horse prospects Jujhar Khaira and Brandon Davidson also made waves at training camp, giving the Oilers brass their fair share of tough choices when it came time to make cuts.

Their weakest area of development is arguably their goaltending, with no prospect being a sure bet for NHL success at this point. Considering the current state of the Oilers goaltending and both Devan Dubnyk and Jason LaBarbera reaching unrestricted free agent status is 2014-15, the Oilers may need to make some moves.… read more

More...

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I know it is early but flags are being raised on more than a.few of the blue chip guys we have. Lately I am looking more and more at how we develop our prospects and getting concerned

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I know it is early but flags are being raised on more than a.few of the blue chip guys we have. Lately I am looking more and more at how we develop our prospects and getting concerned

We only have 2 blue chip guys, and one's been battling injuries (Klefbom). The other is looking like a stud (Nurse). I think its time to lower your expectations

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
We only have 2 blue chip guys, and one's been battling injuries (Klefbom). The other is looking like a stud (Nurse). I think its time to lower your expectations

I'd say that 98.6% of Oiler fans are experts at this by this time.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
Guy Flaming was on Strudwick's show last night and was glowing about Mitch Moroz's start to the year. He stressed the importance of Moroz not getting caught up in his offensive success of late, and forgetting what he really is. He called him a man amongst boys, that needs to remember that success in the NHL will only come from being big, gritty and mean. Not from only putting up offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->