OT: Living in Ottawa

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
husband works there I’m in Calgary, looking at moving over. Need transit as I don’t drive and within commutable distance to Kanata. Which areas should I be looking at please? Son is 18 so needs further education. Thanks

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Easiest place to transit into kanata without a car is probably nepean. But the main issue is Kanata itself, its very long north to south and the bus service aside from main hub routes isn't that great. The local busses run every half hour or so, and stop altogether around midnight.

Main hub busses connecting Kanata to other parts of the city are better. The 88 runs from Centrum, to Hazeldean mall to Baseline Station where Algonquin college is. And the 96 runs very frequently between centrum and downtown.

Living close to Hazeldean Mall is probably your best bet if you depend on busses. Or Nepean near the college.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
What part of town does your husband work in?

I would look at Nepean, Kanata or maybe even Stittsville, but the bus service isn’t great in Stittsville, or wasn’t the last time I used it. Bus only came once every half hour, but it will get you to Kanata quickly.

As for schools, Algonquin College is in Nepean. You could consider Carleton University or Ottawa University as well for your son.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad