Living in an AHL city, do you cheer for the parent team as well?

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Living in Hamilton my whole life, I became a wild fan when they drafted gabby then became a huge koivu fan when he was drafted in 01 and still a Nikki fan since then it's more of Canadiens as my fav canada team and wild as my favorite us team.. Depending how this new deal goes for the bulldogs might get season tickets in 2015

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Doesn't that make it kinda strange to have the Rangers farm team in Hartford?

Well, certain people tried to make it the drum beat as to why they didn't want AHL hockey in town. It even lead to the team's operations being turned over, name changed to appease folks who never gave a crap before, alienate those long time fans who didn't care about the Rangers affiliation and just enjoyed hockey, etc....

Well, that worked out well.

Lord Zetterberg

Red Wings Dynasty
Oct 26, 2007
I'm from Buffalo, I cheer for the Amerks, but, I've been a die hard Red Wings fan since I was 9 (30 years old now). I don't hate the Sabres, though, I just have my one favorite team that I cheer for in different leagues. I am happy when the Sabres do well just because it's my hometown, however, Red Wings for life. I don't mind the Griffins just because they are junior Red Wings and those guys did so great for us when he had injuries left right and center last season, but, I don't cheer for them, only the Americans.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Grew up a Flyers fan and the area where I'm currently at is adding the Flyers AHL team (Lehigh Valley Phantoms).

Pretty awesome.

Timl2009

Apr 21, 2006
Canton, Ohio
As I've said in other threads, Being in Canton, Ohio which is 120 miles northeast of Columbus and an equal distance Northwest of Pittsburgh, I follow both the Blue Jackets and Penguins to some extent, though Columbus a bit more since they've been somewhat successful.

I follow the Colorado Avalanche standings in passing because The Lake Erie Monsters are affiliated with them, and I hope the Avalanche do well, but I am not a huge fan..

Waddy

Sep 30, 2014
Our team is the Lake Erie Monsters and we support the Columbus Blue Jackets. When our players move up, I follow the Avalanche, but not die hard like we are for the Jackets.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
In Toronto we have the best of everything when it comes to hockey. We can watch our prospects in the OHL, graduate to the Marlies and eventually play for the Maple Leafs. I personally think every large market NHL team should follow a similar route to the Marlies/Leafs. Having everything in one place is great!

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
I don't know if you cheer for the team as much as you do the players. I do notice that I personally start following the parent team more and cheering for them than I ever did before. For example I've seen more Calgary Flames games this year than I have ever since they made the Stanley Cup, but their not my favorite NHL team. So I think most people do start liking their parent clubs somewhat more than they did before it's just natural. Unless the parent club is a team you've always absolutely hated.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
In Toronto we have the best of everything when it comes to hockey. We can watch our prospects in the OHL, graduate to the Marlies and eventually play for the Maple Leafs. I personally think every large market NHL team should follow a similar route to the Marlies/Leafs. Having everything in one place is great!

The best of everything, except the quality of the hockey team. Locations are good though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad