Live report from the Flyers practise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Swedish media is reporting live from the Flyers pregame practise. So far Foppa have stepped on the ice and skated a few laps!!!! :eek: :yo: :yo:

Big suprise, he might actually play tonight.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
Ola said:
Swedish media is reporting live from the Flyers pregame practise. So far Foppa have stepped on the ice and skated a few laps!!!! :eek: :yo: :yo:

Big suprise, he might actually play tonight.

that would be news in philly...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Forsberg was the 2nd player to step on the ice after Brian Savage. Updates to follow...

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
I would be really surprised if he played tonight. Heck, I would be really surprised if he played in the olympics.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Jester said:
that would be news in philly...

Two independant papers are reporting live from the practise. Though the reports about him playing is just speculation. He is skating so far though. The practise started 26 minutes ago.

Roger's Pancreas*

I never thought that one country could love one player so much. Ever since he's been in Philadelphia the Swedish exposure has been absurd.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
But is that a good thing considering if he will play in the Olympics? If I was a Swede I wouldn't want him play tonight, he needs a rest.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
blacklabel said:
But is that a good thing considering if he will play in the Olympics? If I was a Swede I wouldn't want him play tonight, he needs a rest.

yes, for a couple weeks so he can earn his pay-check trying to win the division.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
blacklabel said:

Foppa don't need rest. As long as he is healty... (damn the papers website is either overloaded or they are having technical problems..)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Forsberg have so far done a few 2 on 1. He then made a few rushes. He is having some problems with the equipment around his groins. He also looks "loose" or disinterested...

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Panasonic Youth said:
I never thought that one country could love one player so much. Ever since he's been in Philadelphia the Swedish exposure has been absurd.

He's the Best player in the Country and they are going to have serious difficulties winning a gold medal if he's injured & can't go. So no, it should be that suprising, if Jagr were hurt I believe the same thing would be happening only with the Czech instead

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
You swedish media people make me smile, it's amusing.

And honestly, even though I'm Canadian, I want Peter the Great to go because it makes for a better tournament.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Practise over for Forsberg after 47 minutes. "It didn't look good".

Forsberg looked resolute when he stepped of the ice and didn't say anything.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
He participated in all drills. The reporter says that he can't draw any conclusions yet, he is expecting answears in about an hrs.

Unconfirmed sources in the Flyers have told a swedish paper that Forsberg won't play. According to thoose sources Peter had himself said that he wouldn't play. I think/hope they are lying... ****

A good thing is that he reportedly skated without any problems.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
One tabloid claims to have spoken with him after 35 minutes. According to them, Forsberg claims that he feels as yesterday, and wants to wait until friday to make a decision.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Leo Naphta said:
One tabloid claims to have spoken with him after 35 minutes. According to them, Forsberg claims that he feels as yesterday, and wants to wait until friday to make a decision.

Great scoop! I think it makes sense. Its possible its just sore from working with it for the first time a few weeks. 2 days is a long time. Its 8 days before we play against russia, thats even longer when you think about it.

stanley

Feb 27, 2002
I heard Peter just took off his elbow pads, left before right. :)

I think the guy should just shut it down for awhile. Somebody has to stop in and end the insanity that are injuries to Flyers' players.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
Ola said:
Great scoop! I think it makes sense. Its possible its just sore from working with it for the first time a few weeks. 2 days is a long time. Its 8 days before we play against russia, thats even longer when you think about it.

if he doesn't dress up for the Flyers before the Olympics i'm not sure he can justify going to Italy to the Flyers.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Where is SectionX and his absolute certainty that Forsberg wouldn't re-injure himself before the Olympics? :propeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad