NHL Live player and puck tracking.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Bettman , whether you hate him or not, is an employee of the owners.

He does their bidding.
Thats his job.

I dont know how people dont get that.

The tail aint wagging the dog.

And if he wasnt excelling at what they want he wouldnt keep getting an extension.

Because 31 billionaires letting an employee go rogue and risk their money is much more believable clearly.

Bettman ss well getting most of the spotlight, especially when presenting new and especially negative news presents a target people are more than happy to accept. Meanwhile Jacobs and the others sit in the shadows adding a new shelf to their vault.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Because 31 billionaires letting an employee go rogue and risk their money is much more believable clearly.

Bettman ss well getting most of the spotlight, especially when presenting new and especially negative news presents a target people are more than happy to accept. Meanwhile Jacobs and the others sit in the shadows adding a new shelf to their vault.

It’s always about the money.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

He does their bidding.
Thats his job.

And if he wasnt excelling at what they want he wouldnt keep getting an extension.

you got it and he`s made many owners a pretty penny

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He does their bidding.
Thats his job.

Bettman has made some mistakes.

But fact is, the league is and will be in a better place when he retires than when he took it over. His success's as Commissioner far outweigh his failures. And find me a single business person who hasn't made a few mistakes in a quarter-century on the job.

You won't find it.

I can only speak for myself but I have zero animosity towards Bettman and despite his weaselly-lawyer demeanor, actually kinda like the guy and appreciate what he's done for the NHL and hockey.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Bettman has made some mistakes.

But fact is, the league is and will be in a better place when he retires than when he took it over. His success's as Commissioner far outweigh his failures. And find me a single business person who hasn't made a few mistakes in a quarter-century on the job.

You won't find it.

I can only speak for myself but I have zero animosity towards Bettman and despite his weaselly-lawyer demeanor, actually kinda like the guy and appreciate what he's done for the NHL and hockey.

Its not his fault that Canadian players not named Tavares desperately DONT want to play in Canada. In the US they are just other 5-11 young men who blend into crowds and can wear a hat and stroll around the mall without being bothered. Beats living in Edmonton where you probably can't take a piss without a fan asking for an autograph and offering to help you shake.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I like the puck tracker thing makes you appreciate the good passes. NESN could never pull it off though.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
I like the puck tracker thing makes you appreciate the good passes. NESN could never pull it off though.

NESN needs to remove the score tracker on the bottom of the screen before it updates anything else. How 1990 is the sport score tracker? are they aware that most people watching their telecast has a smart phone or a computer to check any score they want at any time? am i in the minority who is annoyed of the score tracker?

Reactions: GoBs and TD Charlie

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
NESN needs to remove the score tracker on the bottom of the screen before it updates anything else. How 1990 is the sport score tracker? are they aware that most people watching their telecast has a smart phone or a computer to check any score they want at any time? am i in the minority who is annoyed of the score tracker?

Not to mention Xfinity has a sports app that brings sports scores up on the TV at the touch of a button.

Reactions: TD Charlie

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I hate this puck tracker thing too much of a gimmick, I think it was Fox that tried something like that few years back and it never went anywhere. They are trying to appeal to the casual fans and get more people interested I get that, but I could never understand people who say they can't follow the puck, but yet they have no problem following a base ball or golf ball on screen.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
didn`t see the puck tracker thing and don`t have to, IMO, it should never be in the game much like the shootout

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

not for nothing, but every sports channel has the bottom line ticker still.

ESPN, NBCSports, NFL/MLB/NBA broadcasts...its not like the ticker has gone the way of the dinosaurs

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hate this puck tracker thing too much of a gimmick, I think it was Fox that tried something like that few years back and it never went anywhere. They are trying to appeal to the casual fans and get more people interested I get that, but I could never understand people who say they can't follow the puck, but yet they have no problem following a base ball or golf ball on screen.

Well they aren't using it during live in-game action, so its really nothing like the Fox Puck from yesteryear.

Personally after seeing the tracking in use during the All-star game, I don't see how this technology takes away from the viewers enjoyment of watching a hockey broadcast at all. The whistle-to-whistle action is unchanged.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I think it could be really awesome if you could toggle it on and off

Only way I could see that now is through something like NHL.tv

Would be great for DFS players. Imagine if you could connect your DraftKings account to your NHL.tv account, and have the player trackers turned on for every player in your lineup

Reactions: JCRO

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Drives me crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->