Live Blog: 2011 HFNHL ENTRY DRAFT

Unless Miller had fallen to 29 (not a chance) I couldn't have picked two guys I had a soft spot more for that had any (albeit slim) chance of slipping to me....Missed on Tverdon by 2 picks in the 3rd which would have made my day completely, but I'm still very happy.

#29- Vladislav Namestnikov
#34- Connor Murphy
#70- Joseph LaBate

I think LA can claim best draft atm. I know 3 top 11 picks helps...but getting 3 of the big 9 IMO, two of which were at #10 and #11 is a great start.

Like Sean's draft too. many of my highly rated guys there too!

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
23rd - Shane Prince - 3oth CSS
33rd - Zack Phillips - 19th CSS
53rd - Magnus Hellberg - 2nd CSS (EU GOALTENDERS)
82nd - Markus Granlund - 9th CSS (EU SKATERS)

Went above slot for Prince by all accounts, but I really love his game and think he's going to be a player.

It will be interesting to see where Prince goes in the NHL draft. Prince and Phillips are solid picks at 23 and 33, I just would have expected them to go in the reverse order. I'm still not sure what kind of player Prince can be at the NHL level, but he made a believer out of me over the year.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
It will be interesting to see where Prince goes in the NHL draft. Prince and Phillips are solid picks at 23 and 33, I just would have expected them to go in the reverse order. I'm still not sure what kind of player Prince can be at the NHL level, but he made a believer out of me over the year.

I believe just like you do in the sense that Phillips will very likely go higher than Prince in the NHL draft. I just didn't want to take the chance that a team was in love with Prince's game the way I have been and decided to take him before 33rd overall. I was actually hoping for a defender at 33rd but when Phillips was still there it made it a no contest decision for me. I predict Phillips will go 25th-30th in the real draft and Prince will go 35th to 40th. There were a few guys that I didn't rank as highly as the NHL did and it slid my list down a few slots. I had it as Ty Rattie, Zach Phillips, and then Connor Murphy for the 33rd once we hit the 25th pick mark and none were taken. I wasn't really heartbroken when Rattie went to Toronto but I was holding my breath when Tampa was on the clock that Phillips was about to be gone.

In short jumping up to 23rd to take Prince was somewhat illogical, but with the players remaining I wanted Prince and a choice of one of my remaining targets. I don't know if Prince would have made it to 33rd.

As far as Hellberg goes, that was the wild card for me. I don't know if he'll go in the late 2nd round in the real draft. He may go in the middle rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->