little respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
…canada will play czechs in semifinal….!!!

i’ve been listening all day how canada will play czechs in semifinals…..i already got used to listen glorification of the only great team on this planet (leafs) provided by tsn, cbc, hnic,…..bud…
i would appreciate a little respect to each opponent.
canada is not in semifinal yet but they talk about it like it was a done thing.
i would like to ask you guys if you share the canadian tv medias opinion and see your team already in semifinals.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
While I thoroughly believe Canada will win tomorrow, it's ridiculous how the CBC keeps showing Canada playing the Czechs then mumbling as an aside *you know, unless the Slovaks win.*

They could be setting themselves up for an embarassment.

Mountain Dude

You'll hear it a lot from the media and fans, but the players themselves have respect, and thats really all that matters.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
No team should look past anyother team right now. I would like to remind Canadians about Belarus and what they did to the Swedes in the '02 Olympics. Slovakia is a much more talented team and can score the upset against Canada.

roast

Mar 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Slovakians have a strong core of fowards, however I believe their Defense and Goaltending are a bit suspect, but they could certainly give Canada a scare if they play to the best of their abilities and the Canadians see this as a cake walk.

Knucklez

Jan 1, 2004
Behind the bench!
Visit site
Slovakia is not Germany. I look at their line-up and I can't believe they did so poorly in the round robin. They are capable of upsetting us, for sure.

But there is too much experience in our locker room. In the round robin, when the games virtually meant nothing, we came out determined every night, especially against the Slovaks. Now that the games really matter we'll just be that much better.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
The Albino said:
While I thoroughly believe Canada will win tomorrow, it's ridiculous how the CBC keeps showing Canada playing the Czechs then mumbling as an aside *you know, unless the Slovaks win.*

They could be setting themselves up for an embarassment.

i though i was the only one who toticed that :)

team canada is my second favorite team...so i hope the winner from tommorow game win to cup... :yo: :yo: :yo:

Macman

May 15, 2004
e-e said:
i though i was the only one who toticed that :)

team canada is my second favorite team...so i hope the winner from tommorow game win to cup... :yo: :yo: :yo:

No, you're not the only one. The media have been terrible in dismissing the Slovaks, who have tremendous talent and are capable of an upset. The Canadian players, however, have been very respectful.

DevMod9

Macman said:
No, you're not the only one. The media have been terrible in dismissing the Slovaks, who have tremendous talent and are capable of an upset. The Canadian players, however, have been very respectful.

The Slovakians have to somehow produce the first goal. It could get ugly if Canada draws first blood.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
DevMod9 said:
The Slovakians have to somehow produce the first goal. It could get ugly if Canada draws first blood.

yeah, that first goal is very important. If the Slovaks get it, they can really put the pressure on canada. And vice versa.

I think Canada will win but don't underestimate Slovakia. They have many NHL caliber forwards that are quite capable of lighting the red light.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
I am not an over confident cocky Canadian fan but i can say that the Slovaks have been so awful in every aspect of the game that they have little to hold onto. What they do have though is the optimism that comes with a clean slate and a one game showdown. All mistakes in the round robin are forgiven and they do not have to win a best of seven against Canada, only one game. I will be counting on Canadian preparation from Hitchcock/Martin/Fleming and player pride to see us through.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Aug 12, 2002
The Slovaks have a young tender and having Richard Lintner in your top 4 does not help matters. Beyond Chara, they are really, really thin on defense.

thrill_me_mogilny

May 23, 2003
I noticed it, and it bothers me that some people can't give the parental homeland some respect. How anyone could take a team of such talent lightly is beyond me. Out of just under 6 million people, they have created an immense pool of talented players, who play as a team.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
thecooker said:
The Slovaks have a young tender and having Richard Lintner in your top 4 does not help matters. Beyond Chara, they are really, really thin on defense.
You are correct on Lintner. He has been extremely poor. Chara has not been as dominant as i thought he would be.

Fincan

Aug 1, 2002
LordStanleysPlace
Visit site
Macman said:

No doubt, I was getting annoyed by this too. Canada has a good team, but so do the Slovaks and they are more than capable of beating Canada. On paper Canada is better and they have played better so far, but the Slovaks have the potential to really light it up (much more than they have so far).

I couldnt beleive what I read in the Edmonton Journal yesterday

"We have a pretty good team to be compared to Belarus" said Zednik.

No freaking doubt. Anyone who compares Slovakia to Belarus is a moron. If they win it will be an upset (Major for Canadian hockey, but minor in terms of team disparity) unlike Belarus over Sweden which was a full on upset no matter how you look at it and where you are from.

I dont want to look past to the Czechs at all until after tonights game. Im just hoping that the team is confident, and only the media and some idiotic farns (who cant see past thier own nose but are already trying to look to there feet) are cocky.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I'm not neccessarily looking past tonight's game, but it would be a huge upset if Canada was not to win this one. Slovakia can pull of a huge upset, but it would have to mean Canada would have to play their worst game and Brodeur would let in a couple of soft ones, and the Slovaks would have to play the game of their lives.

I'll still say it should be another 5-1 victory approx. An interesting fact is that Canada has never been tied or behind in a game in this tourn, other than when its 0-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->