May 4, 2009
Maryland
:huh:

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 9.49.11 PM.png

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Or he just had his hand in his pocket

Yea, probably. He awkwardly keeps his hand in his pocket while his mates come by for hand shakes after a win. On second thought, probably not. He was hiding his hand from the camera that he could clearly see.

Available evidence. He has an upper body injury that has kept him out for 5 games so far. Likely at least 7. An injury that appears to have been lingering. An injury he could put up 9 pts in 10 games with. Its just a guess but a chop on that surgically repaired hand could start that and playing with it not allow it to recover. Just a guess

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Yea, probably. He awkwardly keeps his hand in his pocket while his mates come by for hand shakes after a win. On second thought, probably not. He was hiding his hand from the camera that he could clearly see.

Available evidence. He has an upper body injury that has kept him out for 5 games so far. Likely at least 7. An injury that appears to have been lingering. An injury he could put up 9 pts in 10 games with. Its just a guess but a chop on that surgically repaired hand could start that and playing with it not allow it to recover. Just a guess

Yes it is a guess, that was my only point. You could be 100 percent correct, or he could have his hand in his pocket because he was patting guys with his other hand. I’m not going to look to much into it.

Reactions: StrikingDistance

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yes it is a guess, that was my only point. You could be 100 percent correct, or he could have his hand in his pocket because he was patting guys with his other hand. I’m not going to look to much into it.

I guess you can hope. It looked pretty awkward to me.

Edit: I relooked at the clip. He has one hand in his pocket. That's unnatural. Of all the players there he is the only one without both hands out. The way he pushes off from leaning on the wall. Awkward to do with your hand in your pocket. That hand was not coming out of his pocket and that's not normal

Jun 15, 2007
Backstrom is right handed so him giving out high fives and handshakes with his left hand while his right hand is in his pocket is a very obvious tell.

Not that it matters. I never really understood why people try to guess which injuries someone has. It doesn't really matter and he'll be ready when he's ready.

Reactions: Raikkonen

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Never change HFBoards, for Backstrom has given us a sign!!!

FOLLOWERS: ...Look! Ah! Oh! Oh!
ARTHUR: Backstrom has given us a sign!
FOLLOWER: Oh!
SHOE FOLLOWER: He has given us... His shoe!
ARTHUR: The shoe is the sign. Let us follow His example.
SPIKE: What?
ARTHUR: Let us, like Him, hold up one shoe and let the other be upon our foot, for this is His sign, that all who follow Him shall do likewise.
EDDIE: Yes.
SHOE FOLLOWER: No, no, no. The shoe is...
YOUTH: No.
SHOE FOLLOWER: ...a sign that we must gather shoes together in abundance.
GIRL: Cast off...
SPIKE: Aye. What?
GIRL: ...the shoes! Follow the Gourd!
SHOE FOLLOWER: No! Let us gather shoes together!
FRANK: Yes.
SHOE FOLLOWER: Let me!
ELSIE: Oh, get off!
YOUTH: No, no! It is a sign that, like Him, we must think not of the things of the body, but of the face and head!
SHOE FOLLOWER: Give me your shoe!
YOUTH: Get off!
GIRL: Follow the Gourd! The Holy Gourd of Jerusalem!
FOLLOWER: The Gourd!
HARRY: Hold up the sandal, as He has commanded us!
ARTHUR: It is a shoe! It is a shoe!
HARRY: It's a sandal!
ARTHUR: No, it isn't!
GIRL: Cast it away!
ARTHUR: Put it on!
YOUTH: And clear off!
SHOE FOLLOWER: Take the shoes and follow Him!
GIRL: Come,...
FRANK: Yes!
GIRL: ...all ye who call yourself Gourdenes!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Backstrom is right handed so him giving out high fives and handshakes with his left hand while his right hand is in his pocket is a very obvious tell.

Not that it matters. I never really understood why people try to guess which injuries someone has. It doesn't really matter and he'll be ready when he's ready.

It does matter or at least it can matter. Both Calle Johansson and Michael Nylander tried to play thru shoulders that needed surgery. Backstrom pretty clearly had been playing with this injury until he couldn't anymore. If its a wrist thing, its new. If its a hand thing, it could be chronic. If its a finger thing, it might again be new. The other thing is that the nature of the injury will indicate the amount of time to be missed. You don't believe the day to day stuff. Do you?

Likely the reason his hand is in his pocket is that to see what splint or bandage is on it would give up what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->