Little Caesar’s Arena Changes Seat Colors,Due to Empty Seats

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Instead of changing seat colors, they need to add more leg room in the upper bowl. I wouldn't pay a dime to sit up there right now in those incredibly uncomfortable seats.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Do the owners not care about having the right people run their team?
Sadly, when Mr. I passed, he took any sense on how to properly run an organization with him. His son who took over, is nothing more than a bean counter more worried about numbers than results. You'd think as long as the family had the example of their father before them, they would have learned a thing or two, guess not. :facepalm:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Sadly, when Mr. I passed, he took any sense on how to properly run an organization with him. His son who took over, is nothing more than a bean counter more worried about numbers than results. You'd think as long as the family had the example of their father before them, they would have learned a thing or two, guess not. :facepalm:

at least rocky wirtz learned what NOT to do from his father

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

I’m so sorry to hear that.

I’m praying that the opposite happens in Boston when Jeremy Jacobs dies. He’s president of the International Union of Bean-counters and Spendthrifts (IUBS Local 1). Hoping Chuckie Jacobs is more committed to winning than his old man.

As far as seats go, the Bruins added black seats to the lower bowl in the late 90s or early 2000s when the team really started to decline.

Last edited:

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
“reportedly” sold out.. I find it hard to believe they have that many people just eating those expensive tickets. But nearly every NHL team buys up the remaining unsold seats at times to report sell outs.

Worth noting that those seats they are talking about are the club seats with access that come with unlimited food and drinks. Honestly, they may have just made the club to nice where people are just hanging around there on sofas watching the game on flatscreens. The club is its own experience.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I've never understood why NHL teams don't just give away all remaining tickets. An empty seat can't spend anything at team stores or at the concession.
Because then, effectively, the bought ticket loses value. Someone paid 60 bucks on a ticket while his neighbor watches the game for free.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
The seats in the 3-4 sections on each side behind the benches and penalty boxes (the ones most visible on tv), are club seats that cost hundreds of dollars, are sold to corporations, and have free beer & food in a lounge underneath the seats during the game. They are really trying their hardest to NOT have people in the seats.

That's a much bigger problem in getting people in the seats than people not going because the team isn't that good. Such a terrible idea

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Worth noting that those seats they are talking about are the club seats with access that come with unlimited food and drinks. Honestly, they may have just made the club to nice where people are just hanging around there on sofas watching the game on flatscreens. The club is its own experience.

Well there is significant reasons why the STH sections are not filled.

1. They lost about 10-12% of their STH since last year.....
2. Lower-Bowl seats between the blue-lines on both sides = club. Comes w/all you can eat food, drink, etc...Truly first class. Price for my tickets in club, 2 tickets row 17, $21,500 for the year, and increase of $5000 from last year and about a $8000 increase from JLA.
3. Tax deductions for entertainment was cut. A lot of pro sports teams are going to deal with losing STH b/c of this down the road.
4. As for the HOCKEYTOWN logo, they re-branded the logo, made it bigger and are most likely trying to figure out if they want it at Center Ice or just leave the Winged Wheel.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Instead of changing seat colors, they need to add more leg room in the upper bowl. I wouldn't pay a dime to sit up there right now in those incredibly uncomfortable seats.

I agree, the seats suck. Hell the JLA felt like they had more room, not sure if its true or not, but definitely felt that way. Also the way the upper level is built it feels kinda dizzying at first, but you get used to it.

Meh I guess I am just a sucker for no frills and good sight lines, but I preferred watching a game at the JLA much more than LCA. The one plus is definitely the much less wait times for bathrooms, I will give it that.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

The Minnesota Twins are class leaders in tricking the public into thinking they would get a new ball park in order to spend more and compete.

I was at a Vikings game recently and a guy in the team store gave me a 10 minute history on that bamboozling.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The seats in the 3-4 sections on each side behind the benches and penalty boxes (the ones most visible on tv), are club seats that cost hundreds of dollars, are sold to corporations, and have free beer & food in a lounge underneath the seats during the game. They are really trying their hardest to NOT have people in the seats.

That's a much bigger problem in getting people in the seats than people not going because the team isn't that good. Such a terrible idea
What really confused me is they didn't think to do the "bring food/beer to you" service that other arenas have for lower bowls. Even Comerica Park has it to some degree.

I agree, the seats suck. Hell the JLA felt like they had more room, not sure if its true or not, but definitely felt that way. Also the way the upper level is built it feels kinda dizzying at first, but you get used to it.

Meh I guess I am just a sucker for no frills and good sight lines, but I preferred watching a game at the JLA much more than LCA. The one plus is definitely the much less wait times for bathrooms, I will give it that.

From my experience the leg room is roughly the same, but the seats feel WAY thinner, meaning you are basically having to lean forward to keep from rubbing your elbows against the person sitting next to you.

Reactions: DaveG

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Do what the North Stars did:

1967-1968.jpg

In the end, that didn’t help them much....

Reactions: rfournier103

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
I love how the article's picture to explain the point has RED LIGHTS illuminating the entire empty arena. Instead of, you know, showing an example of what a game with empty seats looks like. "Journalism"

LAK74

Mar 8, 2014
Hacienda Heights, CA
I think Kings plays in its third arena.

The Kings have had only 2 permanent home arenas, The Forum in Inglewood, and Staples Center. At the beginning of the Kings’ inaugural season (1967), the Forum had not been completed yet, so the Kings did play some home games at the Long Beach Arena and later the Los Angeles Sports Arena until The Forum opened at the end of December 1967. So that’s 2 home arenas, or 4 if you count the temporary ones.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Empty seats were very noticeable at Joe Louis as well. Red Wings have been completely full of shit for their attendance figures for a while now. But hey it happens at times. Bruins foresaw this when they built TD Garden and painted every other loge seat black so it made it look fuller.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Why go to a game when you can watch it at home for free? Atmosphere you say? What atmosphere? The atmosphere at most NHL games these days is nothing special outside of rivalry games and playoff games. Tickets are too pricey and the people who do go aren't rowdy or loud anymore.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I thought the tickets were technically sold, so who cares?

The seats are neon red, but that is a pretty expensive do-over right away.
Even if the tickets are sold, it's still a bad look to have half an arena of empty neon red seats.

Honestly, the tickets being sold and seats still being empty might even be worse. That means someone is paying for the ticket, but they don't even care enough to even come and see the games they're paying for. Or that there is very little interest and no one wants to buy the tickets on the secondary market.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Even if the tickets are sold, it's still a bad look to have half an arena of empty neon red seats.

Honestly, the tickets being sold and seats still being empty might even be worse. That means someone is paying for the ticket, but they don't even care enough to even come and see the games they're paying for. Or that there is very little interest and no one wants to buy the tickets on the secondary market.

I was told it is similar to TO with the lounge below, and this has been confirmed in this thread.

If the seats are sold the team should not worry about the way it looks on TV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad