Pre-Game Talk: Literally a year between games, PRACTICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yes.

I can't help but agree that something just seems... off. I don't know how much bad luck one team can really have. But on the other hand... how out of line are the Penguins injuries compared to other teams?

It just seem like they lose a lot of important players for long stretches, more than anything else. If it were up to me... I'd wrap these guys in foam and bubble wrap, though. And certainly not allow them anywhere near a giant-rock-up-a-hill contest.

5th most man games lost in the league:

http://www.mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-november-3-2013/

I am almost certain we have been at or near the top of most man games lost lists every year for years now.

As an aside, The Avs are number one with the least games lost to injjury, which somehow is a -1 meaning, I do not know what? One of their men grew another head or something?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Jaded said:
As an aside, The Avs are number one with the least games lost to injjury, which somehow is a -1 meaning, I do not know what? One of their men grew another head or something?

I thought Gary Roberts retired? I certainly didn't know he played for the Avs.

wkcHnlg.jpg

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
5th most man games lost in the league:

http://www.mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-november-3-2013/

I am almost certain we have been at or near the top of most man games lost lists every year for years now.

It's interesting that 2 of the teams ahead of the Pens, MGL, are garbage and another is just less bad.

How do we achieve this mythical -1? Vancouver, San Jose and Colorado have achieved it.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I really am questioning their conditioning. Anyone can have bad luck with injuries, and some like Crosby getting hit in the face with the puck and breaking his jaw is purely bad luck, but it has become a yearly thing for a team whose core has been pretty young.

Add to it the doctors blowing the diagnosis on Crosby's 'concussion' for so long and we seem to have some real issues with the conditioning coaches and medical staff.

Pens have had there fair share of injuries, but because of DB being able to win with pretty much any lineup pens are able to make sure the injured players are 100% before returning, if the pens were a playoff bubble team some of these players would be back sooner.

I thought last year was a good year as far as the injuries go, they were pretty healthy for the playoffs, for this team that's all that really matters.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
God it feels like it's so long between games. It didn't help that the last 2 games against Columbus were pretty boring.

Oh well, at least the mayor of my city is providing me with a ton of entertainment (and no, I didn't vote for him).

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
God it feels like it's so long between games. It didn't help that the last 2 games against Columbus were pretty boring.

Oh well, at least the mayor of my city is providing me with a ton of entertainment (and no, I didn't vote for him).

i wish he'd go away.

The layoffs suck, but hopefully it helps buy time for some key guys to get healthy. Sounds like BB is back soonish and Neal has skated twice. If we use the Sidney Crosby Recovery Calendar, Neal is only about a year from returning.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

He's a living, breathing reality show. :laugh:

It's time for me to admit that the shortened season really spoiled me and I still haven't gotten used to this again. I thought this game was Monday for some reason.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
He's a living, breathing reality show. :laugh:

It's time for me to admit that the shortened season really spoiled me and I still haven't gotten used to this again. I thought this game was Monday for some reason.

I've been waiting with bated breath for over an hour to hear his latest announcement. :laugh:

Agreed with the shortened season spoiling us. It got to the point where I was going to re-watch a game that I have saved on my PVR.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
always weirds me out that kunitz is exempt from practice. every other player can't play until they get a practice in but kunitz can miss two in a row and he's just fine to play.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
always weirds me out that kunitz is exempt from practice. every other player can't play until they get a practice in but kunitz can miss two in a row and he's just fine to play.

That's why they call it maintenance days when you keep playing with a nagging injury. It's not enough to keep him out of games but practices he gets a chance to heal.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

Almost makes you wonder if the "not close" stuff that comes from our organization, is nothing more than just attempt to throw the next couple teams we play that week off balance in preparing for us.

Watch all three of those guys be on the ice this weekend.

"Coach Bylsma are Neal and Bennet playing tonight?"

"They're still practicing."

"But are they playing?"

"...they're feeling better every day."

"What are the lines?"

"...getting stronger now."

Bylsma is the landshark of coaches.

images

"Plumber man..."

"But I didn't call any plumber."

"Candygraaam...."

"What candy? Are you that pesky landshark?"

"Just a dolphin, ma'am."

(Thems were teh days... when SNL actually had talented writers.)

Fire Shero*

I just threw up at thought of Koon not playing.

Adams - Sutter - Glass
Jeffrey - Vitale - Engelland

Has to be the worst bottom 6 in the NHL.
Under no circumstances should glass and Adams both play on the third line. I don't care how many injuries you have.

That lineup makes me depressed

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I just threw up at thought of Koon not playing.

Adams - Sutter - Glass
Jeffrey - Vitale - Engelland

Has to be the worst bottom 6 in the NHL.
Under no circumstances should glass and Adams both play on the third line. I don't care how many injuries you have.

That lineup makes me depressed

That's been our 3rd line for the last several games. Where the hell have you been?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
That's why they call it maintenance days when you keep playing with a nagging injury. It's not enough to keep him out of games but practices he gets a chance to heal.

Then miss the game too and get fully healed. It would be a net positive if one of K or D sat out a game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad