6. Zack Phillips
7. Mark McNeill
8. Rocco Grimaldi
9. Vladislav Namestnikov
10. Alexander Khoklachev

Close to the list: Jenner, Ma. Granlund, Scheifele

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Who are they? Rank them. Please. Thanks.:)

Any top prospect who is not a defenseman would more or less cover this. The only guys near the top that I know this doesn`t apply to are Phillips (who plays center in the Q on Huberdeau`s line, but who most scouts would rather see as a LW) and Jurco (the sniper who plays his one-time side, he has the hands to be a good center on the draw, but it would be foolish to take him off his wing)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Any top prospect who is not a defenseman would more or less cover this. The only guys near the top that I know this doesn`t apply to are Phillips (who plays center in the Q on Huberdeau`s line, but who most scouts would rather see as a LW) and Jurco (the sniper who plays his one-time side, he has the hands to be a good center on the draw, but it would be foolish to take him off his wing)

Guys like Landeskog, Bartschi, Armia, Saad, etc aren't centers or are not projected to stay centers, right? Kind of hoping to get a feel for who the top NHL centers in this draft might possibly be.

My favorite NHL team could use some prospect depth at center. We're probably picking around 20th or so. None of those top guys nor McNEILL or Zibanejad will be around. So of my favorite team is looking for a center, we'd probably better start hoping guys like Scheifele or Jenner are still around.

Personally, I'm really starting to hope we just trade the dang pick.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Um...what?

Huberdeau is horrible in the faceoff circle and IIRC Phillips takes most of the faceoffs there. If anything Phillips is more suited to being a C than Huberdeau.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm a homer, but Catenacci could move up this list.. as he is scoring a goal per game in the U18's so far.

On the trade board, I hate homers. I the prospect board, I love. Being a team homer just means that you actually get to see these kids play. Most people on the prospect board have never actually watched any of these kids play. I love getting the chance to converse with fans that have.

What, in your mind, makes your boy Catenacci a first rounded?

How does he compare to other centers in his range like Scheifele, Jenner, Khokhlachev, Nameshtinkov, Prince, Rieder, etc?

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
1). C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Red Deer, WHL, 6’-0.5â€, 170 Lbs
2). C Jonathan Huberdeau, Saint John, QMJHL, 6’-1â€, 165 Lbs
3). C/LW Sean Couturier, Drummondville, QMJHL, 6’-4â€, 195 Lbs
8). C Ryan Strome, Niagara, OHL, 6’-0.5â€, 185 Lbs
11). C Mika Zibanejad, Djurgardens Jr., Sweden, 6’-1.5â€, 185 Lbs
12). C Mark McNeill, Prince Albert, WHL, 6’-1â€, 205 Lbs
19). C Rocco Grimaldi, U18, NTDP, 5’-6â€, 165 Lbs
23). C Mark Scheifele, Barrie OHL, 6’-1.5â€, 175 Lbs
27). C Boone Jenner, Oshawa, OHL, 6’-1â€, 195 LbS
32). C Alexander Khokhlachev, Widsor, OHL, 5’-10â€, 185 Lbs

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
On the trade board, I hate homers. I the prospect board, I love. Being a team homer just means that you actually get to see these kids play. Most people on the prospect board have never actually watched any of these kids play. I love getting the chance to converse with fans that have.

What, in your mind, makes your boy Catenacci a first rounded?

How does he compare to other centers in his range like Scheifele, Jenner, Khokhlachev, Nameshtinkov, Prince, Rieder, etc?

Catenacci's speed, defensive game, and hidden offensive potential is what makes him a first rounder... his size is an issue, that's nothing you can argue, but he is training with Gary Roberts which will do nothing but improve his strength and condition and he also plays with an edge (100+ PIMs). Also playing on a last place team, with some 3rd and 4th liners, he still managed to put up 71 pts in 67 games. I think players like Jenner, Khokhlahcev and Nameshtinkov still have a better offensive game, but Catenacci is not as far behind as some may think.

Coachsy

Apr 12, 2011
The Soo
Catenacci already possesses the speed to play at the next level. His speed and intensity level and spending time with a good coach, will most definintely make him an every day player in the NHL one day. Even though he is putting up numbers right now at U18's I don't think he will ever become a relied upon offensive player in the show. We are lucky in the Soo to be watching Cat and Cousins grow. Cousins rightfully so is not mixed in with these players, but has shown what he is capable of and might even show more offensive upside than Cat, but as of now lacks consistency and maturity to his game that will come with time. Look for both to be 90+ point guys next year in the O!

member 30781

RNH - best center in the draft
Couturier - don't know why people have him dropping, he's second best.
Huberdeau - heavily offensively gifted and will likely put up the 2nd most amount of points from the draft, only behind RNH
Strome - Got the hands for sure, we will see if it transfers to the NHL level.
Zibanejad - probably the most complete center in the draft
Grimaldi - i know its high, but he has the skill
McNeill - haven't heard much about him, but his name needs to be mentioned. Stellar season in the Dub.
Namestnikov/Khokhlachev - not sure who I am sold on of the two, but they fill in the next two slots
Phillips

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->