Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Reveille said:
1) Crosby
2) Brule
3) Latendresse
4) Johnson
5) Kindl

As someone who has seen Kitchener 7 times this season, I can say emphatically that anyone who currently has Kindl listed in their top 5 (or even their top 10) is being suckered by Euro-hype and has never seen him play in North America.

Conversely, anyone who doesn't have Heshmatpour in their first round is suffering from "big guy backlash" and either hasn't seen him play this season or has no appreciation for how rare his skill package is for a 17-year-old who is 6'6", 240 lbs.

leafaholix*

Juan said:
As someone who has seen Kitchener 7 times this season, I can say emphatically that anyone who currently has Kindl listed in their top 5 (or even their top 10) is being suckered by Euro-hype and has never seen him play in North America.

Conversely, anyone who doesn't have Heshmatpour in their first round is suffering from "big guy backlash" and either hasn't seen him play this season or has no appreciation for how rare his skill package is for a 17-year-old who is 6'6", 240 lbs.
Dev Heshmatpour has gone from a projected top 10 pick as a "phenom" in Vaughan to the forgotten one. So much so that I forgot he was eligible for the 2005 draft, hehe.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Dev Heshmatpour has gone from a projected top 10 pick as a "phenom" in Vaughan to the forgotten one. So much so that I forgot he was eligible for the 2005 draft, hehe.

If I'm not mistaken, Red Line had him at #9 before the season started and currently has him in their top 20. (Anyone know where exactly?)

Not quite forgotten.

leafaholix*

Juan said:
If I'm not mistaken, Red Line had him at #9 before the season started and currently has him in their top 20. (Anyone know where exactly?)

Not quite forgotten.
Compared to the hype prior to his rookie season in the OHL people have forgotten about him. He's still a projected first round pick, but not as high as he was before coming to the OHL.

I guess it was that hype that surrounds all 15, 16, 17 year old players that have yet to play at a high level. I guess it's normal.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
George Bachul said:
Talk about your unknowns...when you Google Gashimov, all you get is Vugar Gashimov, the Azerbajanian chess player. (Talk about your well hidden prospects. :) )

Lol, what can you say other than this guy has some damn good scouting skills over many others.

Maybe he can show us how its really done? :)

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Benoit Pouliot has been incredible for the wolves... decent size, good skater and very soft hands!

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Juan said:

I agree, I've seen Kindl in 3 games and he wasn't impressive, at all.

leafaholix*

dawgbone said:
Benoit Pouliot has been incredible for the wolves... decent size, good skater and very soft hands!
Saw him on a couple clips on TSN (Bob McKenzie), he's a big guy and slick with the puck. Not sure what's a good comparison off the top of my head for those who haven't seen the kid play, but I guess from what I saw he looked similar to a lankier Vincent Lecavalier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad