Feb 27, 2009
montreal
Just off the top of my head.

1. Rooney
2. O' Halloran
3. Tim Peel
4. Chris Lee
5. Dave Jackson

We never get a break from these guys. Is it incopetence or bias?

Eric Furlatt could be joining the club with that ridiculous call on Nash in OT of game 3.

BillnyeTheHockeyGuy*

Feb 19, 2016
New England

1. Rooney
2. O' Halloran
3. Tim Peel
4. Chris Lee
5. Dave Jackson

Eric Furlatt could be joining the club with that ridiculous call on Nash in OT of game 3.

It's both. They're all an insult to the game.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Next season we need to have a thread outlining and tracking the times the B's get shafted with blatantly awful calls.

Not just the odd missed hook or trip, but the calls like last night and others that directly cost them games.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan

1. Rooney
2. O' Halloran
3. Tim Peel
4. Chris Lee
5. Dave Jackson

Dave Jackson in the 2014 playoffs against the Habs was just a disgrace. And the NHL kept using him in the series...:shakehead

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
The league hides from addressing issues like inconsistencies and blown and repeatedly blown calls. It's not merely referees but also linemen. Tend to forget how often they are involved in issues that can impact a games result such as face offs, icings, two many men and of course off sides.

As is the practice with players, stats on their level of play for on ice officials are bably needed in the public domain. Issues such as the Highest and lowest number of an officals calls challenged, overturned, upheld, number of penalties called per game, types of penalties and on and on. We often understandly get caugh up in more recent issues and have little insight in their overall work habits and recent trends.

Do I believe the league would ever adopt such a move? Not in my lifetime. They like having their head in the sand and not be accountable to the folks who keep them employed. It's makes their life so much easier.

End of rant.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
As I pointed out the other day, it's funny that someone claimed refs being Canadian mean they are all Leafs and Habs fans so they hate the Bruins, but then Chris Rooney is from Boston.

Like there are no Canadian Bruins fans? I'm just looking at the op's location for example....

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

picture.php

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I know we're all pretty pissed off over the officiating from this series, specifically the last game, but can we not do this kind of thread? It just reeks of entitlement on a Habs level.

While I'm sure there's some bias on a case by case basis, I refuse to believe there are officials out to screw the Bruins specifically.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I know we're all pretty pissed off over the officiating from this series, specifically the last game, but can we not do this kind of thread? It just reeks of entitlement on a Habs level.

While I'm sure there's some bias on a case by case basis, I refuse to believe there are officials out to screw the Bruins specifically.

Jackson gave Julien a bench minor early in the series vs the Habs and then got to ref Game 7 and called one of the worst games ever. And he's from Montreal.

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Steve Kozari and Wes McCauley are two of my favorites. They usually call a game that allows the Bruins to be more physical and get away with more.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00