List of Organizational Positives for this Season

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
If this thing doesn’t bottleneck like the 10 or the 101 and it saves 20-30 mins I’d go more during the week

Typically... I-10 west is a parking lot until about 51st Ave when it loosens up a little. Unfortunately the L202 parallels 59th (1 mi east.) and will merge with the I-10 just east of 51st. But the savings will be in avoiding the downtown core.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The organization set an NHL record with an 0-20 start. That might stand for 100 years!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The organization set an NHL record with an 0-20 start. That might stand for 100 years!

That's true! So no matter how hard the league tries to purge us from the record books if the team relocates (like they've done with the Thrashers), they'll never get rid of us entirely! :pickle:

Reactions: Sthlmyote

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I love about as far east as you can get, in San Tan Valley. Funny reading a West-Sider consider Scottsdale/Tempe too far East :laugh:

I wish that was a problem i had! For me getting to Tempe and/or Scottsdale is about a 45 minute drive West.

So the Coyotes games are a mission and a half.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Take this **** to the off topic or arena location thread
I can't imagine how irritating this drivel must get for you. You and anyone not living in the valley. Reading locals bicker constantly about was a 40 minute drive represents to them in terms of both hassle and their identity and the merits of their stupid little communities. I'm embarrassed.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Outside of distance is there some rivalry that I've been kept away from for 30 years?

Yes. I've been on both sides of it. I spent most of my youth living where Kierland Commons is now. Now I am in the Northwest Valley up by the 303. This year marks my 40th year in Arizona and the two sides of the Valley have been at each other's throats the whole time. It's stupid and petty and exaggerated, but it exists.

That's bizarre.

Yes, it's bizarre. And yet we never seem to stop bringing it up around here. And the entire future of the franchise hinges on this ridiculousness. So that's where we are! :laugh:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I love about as far east as you can get, in San Tan Valley. Funny reading a West-Sider consider Scottsdale/Tempe too far East :laugh:

I wish that was a problem i had! For me getting to Tempe and/or Scottsdale is about a 45 minute drive West.

So the Coyotes games are a mission and a half.

I consider San Tan Valley North Tucson. The last job I had before my current one, I managed 8 locations in Tucson, 1 in Sierra Vista and 4 in Chandler/Mesa. If I would have stayed there I would have moved out in your direction. Was looking seriously at Arizona City. I hated spending so much time in Tucson and the East Valley though so I only lasted 9 months before finding another job. I hope you at least live close to your job to make it worth being so far out.

Reactions: RABBIT

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yes. I've been on both sides of it. I spent most of my youth living where Kierland Commons is now. Now I am in the Northwest Valley up by the 303. This year marks my 40th year in Arizona and the two sides of the Valley have been at each other's throats the whole time. It's stupid and petty and exaggerated, but it exists.
That area is beautiful. I work just west of the 303 and Bell. I had to go to another one of our locations off Lake Pleasant Parkway yesterday. Can't believe there are so many track homes being built with RV Garages. Do that many people out there own RVs? I was thinking about moving to Surprise to be closer to work but all the neighborhoods out there have those damn HOAs. Hate that crap.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That area is beautiful. I work just west of the 303 and Bell. I had to go to another one of our locations off Lake Pleasant Parkway yesterday. Can't believe there are so many track homes being built with RV Garages. Do that many people out there own RVs? I was thinking about moving to Surprise to be closer to work but all the neighborhoods out there have those damn HOAs. Hate that crap.

The HOAs out here are nuts. There's one new development being built by Mattamy Homes that is charging nearly 200 bucks a month, simply because they're gated, have a low home count, and have "nature views." But the developments going in around here are generally around the half-million mark to build and increasing every year. I'd say right now it's about where the Kierland area was just before I moved out of there in the late '90s. There are plans for some upscale Kierland-style shopping going in a bit southwest of where I am (Westwing area).

The sprawl that the north Valley is seeing is just ridiculous. When I first moved out to Peoria, I had done some home shopping in Cave Creek and ruled it out because it was too remote from where I worked - now, it's almost solid homes all the way up there. Taylor Morrison, the builder who built my current home, is putting their Sonoran Gate development in the middle of nowhere - around 7th Street in terms of east/west, and as far north as the 303 freeway. I went out there to look at models and there are literally six model homes, a pocket park, a couple of gates, and absolutely nothing else for miles in any direction. But these are nice homes and the floorplans start at over $500K.

I'm starting to wonder if, in the next 20 years, there will be another northern loop freeway built (the 404?) northeast/west of the 303 once the development south of Jomax gets full. It seems like all the monied folks are pushing their way out at the edges of the Valley.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
That's bizarre. You are in the extreme minority.
I think you would be very surprised, I really don't know anyone here where I am that crosses the City on more than rare occasions.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I can't imagine how irritating this drivel must get for you. You and anyone not living in the valley. Reading locals bicker constantly about was a 40 minute drive represents to them in terms of both hassle and their identity and the merits of their stupid little communities. I'm embarrassed.
I was mostly kidding but yes I have to drive for 3 hours one way to get to my closest game and don't get home until 1 AM usually before a work day and I still try to go to 5 or more games a year. At $160+ a ticket. To watch the Oilers.

It occurs to me in reading what I wrote that I'm kind of an idiot.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Yes, it's bizarre. And yet we never seem to stop bringing it up around here. And the entire future of the franchise hinges on this ridiculousness. So that's where we are! :laugh:
I don’t see the east side west side thing at all, not sure why you say that, nobody cares where somebody else lives.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I don’t see the east side west side thing at all, not sure why you say that, nobody cares where somebody else lives.

In my experience, I also have not run across anyone who cared much. Only thing that has mattered to people is just drive times/etc. Maybe since I never cared, I never cared to pick up on anything like that going on haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->