Speculation: Lions reborn: the return of lev Praha

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
Do you guys think that the return of lev Praha will be possible in the near future or if ever to the KHL? I was quite shocked when they suspended operations how could a team that got so popular have so much money problems?

Last edited by a moderator:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Do you guys think that the return of lev Praha will be possible in the near future or if ever to the KHL? I was quite shocked when they suspended operations how could a team that got so popular have so much money problems?

There are 2 team in Prague with strong fan base and strong financial background. OK, Slavia is now in 2. league, but that will change soon.

But there is possibility for a KHL team. In Czech is very strong russian minority, many says that they own the city of Karlove Vary. I see it 50 - 50 that in 5 years there will be another try with KHL.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010

No team in KHL is popular enough to be self-sufficient or even close to that. If there isn't a rich sponsor that provides huge multimillion subsidy every year - a KHL team dies.

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
No team in KHL is popular enough to be self-sufficient or even close to that. If there isn't a rich sponsor that provides huge multimillion subsidy every year - a KHL team dies.

so how long will it take before a khl comes to becoming remotely profitable? or will they take a play stright from japanese baseball or the EPL? and just relie on rich sugar daddes/mommies forever?

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria
so how long will it take before a khl comes to becoming remotely profitable? or will they take a play stright from japanese baseball or the EPL? and just relie on rich sugar daddes/mommies forever?
Until ice hockey becomes more popular in europe, and therefore you can charge people more for tickets, the KHL will never really be profitable. Spliting TV money and sponsor money would help a bit aswell but wouldn't play a major role.

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
Until ice hockey becomes more popular in europe, and therefore you can charge people more for tickets, the KHL will never really be profitable. Spliting TV money and sponsor money would help a bit aswell but wouldn't play a major role.

or become more richer i mean i dont think in too many russia arenas they charge the same price as the habs or leafs for tickets, since the regula russian i dont think an afford as much on hockey teiket

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria
or become more richer i mean i dont think in too many russia arenas they charge the same price as the habs or leafs for tickets, since the regula russian i dont think an afford as much on hockey teiket
That's the problem with higher ticket prices, people will not be able to afford it, or even if they can, they don't want to pay that much. The US citizens are something special in that regard when it comes to splashing tons of money :laugh:

loppa*

When I saw the topic yesterday I got annoyed. The title of the topic suggests that the team is coming back, but, as the topic has nothing to do about that, the title is so not appropriate.

I like Lev's logo more than Sparta's.

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
Since the league has made it clear that the only new expansion teams (from Europe) in the KHL will be already known and established teams, I don't think Lev will ever come back. Although, there's still a possibility of having another team from Praha (most likely Sparta) or from another city in Czech Republic at some point. Czech Republic is such a huge hockey country, they will obviously not be left out of a project like the KHL.

Bajo19

Jun 12, 2015
Czech Republic
I think you can count only witch Pardubice, Sparta, Třinec and Karlovy Vary.
Pardubice is a traditional club and they had the best attendance in Extraliga. (around 8k)
Sparta is well known club in Europe and they have money.
Třinec usually ends at the top of the league and they have enough money to have a great team and to join KHL.
Karlovy Vary just because of russians.

Babula

May 31, 2012
I have no more interest. I was a huge fan of Lev in KHL and K.Vary in MHL, but the whole story is over !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad