NFL: Lions hire Matt Patricia as their new head coach

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Prosecutors in Patricia case had medical evidence, at least 5 witnesses

The weirdest thing to me about this is the Detroit media is completely driving this thing to the light. The woman that reportedly was assaulted has been pushed by the media to come out with her side of the story, to which she has refused to. So it's certainly not about money as some people have already claimed. This is all the Detroit Free Press.

My question is why? By the word of the law, he was not guilty so it's not like this is a cold case. All this does is make everyone look bad.

"Both men were arrested and charged with aggravated sexual assault, but the case was dismissed in January 1997 because the woman didn't want to testify in the trial"

That is NOT the same thing as being found not guilty, which is to say nothing of the actual truth, which doesn't always mirror verdicts. Hello, OJ.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh no i get that, but the judicial process says the case is closed (whether correctly or not we may never know) so why is the media going through such a process to bring this to light? especially when the victim wants nothing to do with reliving it?

It's not like the case is suddenly going to go back trial since she doesn't want to talk. They're in the same spot they were 20+ years ago when the incident allegedly took place.

God i hate "journalism"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad