NFL: Lions hire Matt Patricia as their new head coach

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I think very highly of Coach Patricia, but I feel like Belichick disciples usually don’t tend to work out.

Maybe he’ll be different. But idk. Very good coordinator. Just strikes me as a coordinator guy, not a HC.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Good for business for pharmacies and stationary stores in Michigan selling #2 pencils

Reactions: Voight

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think very highly of Coach Patricia, but I feel like Belichick disciples usually don’t tend to work out.

Maybe he’ll be different. But idk. Very good coordinator. Just strikes me as a coordinator guy, not a HC.

Thus far his tree has produced

Eric Mangini
Romeo Crennel
Al Groh
Charlie Weis
Josh McDaniels
Bill O'Brien
Nick Saban

Only Bill O'Brien appears to be NFL success story though Saban has become greatest NCAA coach but failed in NFL

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saban didn't fail in the NFL so much as he decided it wasn't for him and would make a ton more money in college.

Probably why he decided that the NFL wasn't for him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Caldwell isn't a good coach but at least his teams are competitive most of the time (His final year in Indy everything fell apart at same time starting with Manning injury)

I would probably take him over any potential BB disciple

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Damn. I was hoping BB's latest small pox infested blanket would get hired in the AFC and run a competitor into the ground.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
How can one be a bad coach yet his teams are competitive? BWC logic strikes again. Caldwell is a decent coach. Better than O'Brien (who just got a 5 year extension).

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
oh look, another former pats coordinator that's not going to make a very good HC

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How can one be a bad coach yet his teams are competitive? BWC logic strikes again. Caldwell is a decent coach. Better than O'Brien (who just got a 5 year extension).

Lovie Smith and John Fox are terrible coaches and yet the teams they coached were mostly competitive

And O'Brien is a better coach then Caldwell

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
could be worse I guess.

Now if they would go ahead and draft a real north to south running back please. I'm tired of these small passing backs. would love to see them draft Royce freeman in the later rounds and give him a shot.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
could be worse I guess.

Now if they would go ahead and draft a real north to south running back please. I'm tired of these small passing backs. would love to see them draft Royce freeman in the later rounds and give him a shot.

That's because Jim Bob Cooter can't design a run game to save his life.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
That's because Jim Bob Cooter can't design a run game to save his life.

its been a constant issue before JBC. the only RB that has been able to run through the tackles consistently is Joique Bell since I started following the lions/nfl (about 09). Ameer and Bush were/are butter soft, like to run sideways and Riddick is a nice catch and run player but we are really missing that power back. I guess zenner is adequate/mediocre but they really have not utilized him much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->