Signing(s): Lions hire Dan Campbell as their next HC

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
From what I recall he did well in his brief time as Dolphins coach providing team with stability after Philbin was fired and even though they had a losing streak near end of year a couple of those losses were heartbreakers

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
If there were many options available for the Lions (probably not the most sought-after franchise right now), Campbell may have rather little "luster"-quality. But he seems to be a good communicator and has certainly gathered quite some experience in the business. His pick for DC better be good, fixing the Lions defense seems like a tall order.

Gruß,
BSHH

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Campbell did a pretty solid job in Miami given the circumstances after he took over for Clueless Joe Philbin. A good sect of Miami fans wanted to give him a shot at the full time gig over Gase (which in hindsight would have actually been the better move)

Good rah rah type motivator so might not be the worst move for a team who needs to shake it's rep as a trash can.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
This will be an unmitigated disaster. His rah rah, bro-ish attitude doesnt work with millions dollar athletes

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Campbell did a pretty solid job in Miami given the circumstances after he took over for Clueless Joe Philbin. A good sect of Miami fans wanted to give him a shot at the full time gig over Gase (which in hindsight would have actually been the better move)

Heck, he went out on a high note- his last game as MIA coach knocked the Pats out of the 1 seed

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dan Campbell had a pretty nuts introductory presser. Lions gonna bite kneecaps and shit

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Lions needed an identity change in the worst way and this guy is the exact opposite of the robotic Patricia who was as artificial as it gets with his stupid buzzwords and "I'm the smartest guy in the room" attitude. Campbell might not be a great X and O's guy but his players will play hard for him, which wasn't always the case under Patricia.

With that said, it's the Lions so it's bound to fail. 63 years and counting...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Lions needed an identity change in the worst way and this guy is the exact opposite of the robotic Patricia who was as artificial as it gets with his stupid buzzwords and "I'm the smartest guy in the room" attitude. Campbell might not be a great X and O's guy but his players will play hard for him, which wasn't always the case under Patricia.

Youre not hiring a TE coach for scheme, this is true. This guy is a guy running a program. If it works early, the upside will be he won’t have his coached poached for a while and then will do so frequently

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

Dan Campbell is the living embodiment of buzzwords.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Lions have been garbage to mediocre all of my life.

The fact that people still talk about Jim Caldwell, as if they were going to win anything with him, all but signifies my depression. The bar could not be any lower if he was the gold standard.

I really don't know what to make of this hire. Mainly because I know ownership hasn't changed and I'm expecting status quo.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Lions have 1 playoff win since 1957 and that happened nearly 30 years ago. Whatever they have tried before wasnt working. They should be open to all new ideas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad