Prospect Info: Linus Weissbach (2017, 192nd) signed to ELC

Kc232

Hi
Aug 12, 2008
PPG this season, in the NCAA, as a sophmore, as a 7th round pick... interesting

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
PPG this season, in the NCAA, as a sophmore, as a 7th round pick... interesting
Especially given that the rest of the team isn't scoring a lot. Its not like hes just the benefactor of a really good senior

Reactions: Kc232

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Weissbach could explode next year with the influx of talent the Badgers are bringing in. Turcotte, Caufield, and Lindmark. Plus another year of development for Linus, Dhooge and Miller (if he stays)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yep. He has to pay his own way for that too, which is harder on the college guys.

Especially if he has to pay his way overseas and back. I think the Sabres could've made his attendance there mandatory; probably a good will gesture on their part to let him skip, save the money, and enjoy his time off with his family.

Our 2017 class is developing pretty nicely. Weissbach, Pekar, and Laaksonen look like they could turn into real gems for where they were picked.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Especially if he has to pay his way overseas and back. I think the Sabres could've made his attendance there mandatory; probably a good will gesture on their part to let him skip, save the money, and enjoy his time off with his family.

Our 2017 class is developing pretty nicely. Weissbach, Pekar, and Laaksonen look like they could turn into real gems for where they were picked.

I'm hoping he gets time on LW with Turcotte and Caufield. He was pretty good as a freshman with Frederic, could really tick with dominant 2-way guy in the middle and a finisher on the other wing.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

They can't mandate attendance by a player that is not under contract, I believe.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He will get the Paul Byron treatment if he sticks on that top line. Pretty much every non Sabres fan was convinced Byron was a product of playing with Giroux but you could see he had speed and skill that could translate to the NHL. I expect the same thing to happen with Weissbach. I don't know if he will ever become a full time NHL player but there's something there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad