Player Discussion Linus Ullmark

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Tough loss for Linus on Friday vs NYR. And Hutton didnt look too good vs NJ. Who do you guys think goes in net tomorrow vs Florida? Or rest of the week? Tough games vs TB and Capitals.

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I thought Linus was good tonight. People are going to point to the Barkov goal, but I mean, come on. That's an all f***ing Galaxy move down low from a world class player. Give him 9 more of those and he stops them.

The defense in front of him has to be better, and the team's composure has to be elevated.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I thought Linus was good tonight. People are going to point to the Barkov goal, but I mean, come on. That's an all ****ing Galaxy move down low from a world class player. Give him 9 more of those and he stops them.

The defense in front of him has to be better, and the team's composure has to be elevated.

Also give Huberdeau credit for disguising his pass. Anyway, Ullmark isn't a sure thing, but he's pretty damn good. This is a very bad defensive team, which makes both of the goalies look bad. This applies to the overall stats, as well as any given play. As a goalie, if you don't expect Jake McCabe to inexplicably wander towards the puck on one side of the ice, and Eichel to see that happening but do nothing about it, then you might be surprised when Huberdeau is wide open down the left side and has time and space to do whatever he wants with the puck.

Alternatively, if you, as a goalie, sat around and expected ridiculous breakdowns like that, you'd be looking over your shoulder constantly and you'd start letting in goals from the blue line because you're thinking too much about the defensive coverage in front of you and not focusing enough on the puck, and your own position relative to it.

Bad play begets bad play, from everyone on the ice. This team is bad, this is what happens.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Also give Huberdeau credit for disguising his pass. Anyway, Ullmark isn't a sure thing, but he's pretty damn good. This is a very bad defensive team, which makes both of the goalies look bad. This applies to the overall stats, as well as any given play. As a goalie, if you don't expect Jake McCabe to inexplicably wander towards the puck on one side of the ice, and Eichel to see that happening but do nothing about it, then you might be surprised when Huberdeau is wide open down the left side and has time and space to do whatever he wants with the puck.

Alternatively, if you, as a goalie, sat around and expected ridiculous breakdowns like that, you'd be looking over your shoulder constantly and you'd start letting in goals from the blue line because you're thinking too much about the defensive coverage in front of you and not focusing enough on the puck, and your own position relative to it.

Bad play begets bad play, from everyone on the ice. This team is bad, this is what happens.
Spot on.

Team needs to stop the yada yada "mistakes... We can't give up... We believe in each other." lip service. Gotta SHOW some heart.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
I feel like there's a pretty good chance it ends up that way. Tampa's offense embarrasses good teams, just imagine what they'll do to us.
My thoughts exactly. Look at what happened to the Flyers last night: pulled Hart after 3 goals in the first period, then Tampa coasted to a 5-2 win. My only expectation for tomorrow is that no one breaks.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
My thoughts exactly. Look at what happened to the Flyers last night: pulled Hart after 3 goals in the first period, then Tampa coasted to a 5-2 win. My only expectation for tomorrow is that no one breaks.

I agree. I think Hutton will start but Linus will finish.

Reactions: Tatre

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Man, another LH shot?! We better start searching Europe for some Full Right goalies, or our goalies will start have to playing their off side.

Well we know goalies can't skate past the center red line, ala Patrick Roy's spin-o-rama.

But the question is, why not? Who is this rule protecting? I mean, if goalies wanted to go skating down the ice to jump in the play and leave the net open, why would this be a bad thing? Sounds exciting to me!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Well we know goalies can't skate past the center red line, ala Patrick Roy's spin-o-rama.

But the question is, why not? Who is this rule protecting? I mean, if goalies wanted to go skating down the ice to jump in the play and leave the net open, why would this be a bad thing? Sounds exciting to me!

It is protecting coaches from having heart attacks and dying on the bench if their goalie ever tried to cross the red line.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Does the goaltending sitch depend on preseason at all, or do you guys think Hutton gets the bigger split to start the season?

I think their preference would be that Ullmark eventually takes the reins but it will probably be fluid during the season based on performance.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think it's Hutton to start the season, but wouldn't it be great/needed if Ullmark takes off this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->