Prospect Info: Linus Lindstrand Cronholm LHD - (Malmo J20) #117

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
The Swedes looked huge on their skates at camp today. While Asplund and Glotov looked smallish I was pleasantly surprised by the size and mobility of our draft picks.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
15583.jpg

Cron!?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
So many Scandinavian gems. Glad we're one of the most heavily invested.

We need to be more invested IMO, it's one of the things that Botterill has done a little bit of: (See Arttu and Pilut). However, if we're able to pluck more, then go for it. I'd rather see younger Finn's and Swede's undrafted get a chance in Rochester over someone like "Tennyson". Just an afterthought of course, congrats to Cronholm making the call.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We need to be more invested IMO, it's one of the things that Botterill has done a little bit of: (See Arttu and Pilut). However, if we're able to pluck more, then go for it. I'd rather see younger Finn's and Swede's undrafted get a chance in Rochester over someone like "Tennyson". Just an afterthought of course, congrats to Cronholm making the call.

Agreed - it's part of why I push on UDFA from European leagues, especially harder this spring looking at the possible graduates from their Amerk stable.

I'm hoping Cronholm puts in a strong WJSS performance. It would be interesting to have a relative glut of solid puck movers and a relative glut of defensive defensemen arriving all around the same time. Granted, it is rare for players who don't have good offensive contributions in development leagues to have NHL impacts, but hey, some U20 action would be a nice recognition of his bump in play.

Also, I missed this interview, my Swedish still sucks:

Abraham de Lacy

.. [edit] .. Also, I missed this interview, my Swedish still sucks:

He's got a very thick skåne ("southern") dialect which sometime makes it difficult even for a native speaker of ("northern") Swedish like me to understand. There are several Swedish dialects that almost qualify as different languages. In fact the three Scandinavian languages Danish, Norwegian and Swedish are a group of closely related dialects rather than separate languages: they are actually mutually intelligible. <-- that's why they might be dialects rather than languages.

You are excused sir. :)

Cheers !!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's got a very thick skåne ("southern") dialect which sometime makes it difficult even for a native speaker of ("northern") Swedish like me to understand. There are several Swedish dialects that almost qualify as different languages. In fact the three Scandinavian languages Danish, Norwegian and Swedish are a group of closely related dialects rather than separate languages: they are actually mutually intelligible. <-- that's why they might be dialects rather than languages.

You are excused sir. :)

Cheers !!

I have a friend who teaches Nordic languages and when I have questions (I have many), I seek his advice. He is a super patient since I basically have almost no grasp. :biglaugh:

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
So we have 3 D that we lose rights for on June 1, and Roch needs plenty of D next year so who gets signed.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
So we have 3 D that we lose rights for on June 1, and Roch needs plenty of D next year so who gets signed.
I haven't heard a word about team plans to sign any of these guys, but we do have three contract spots available as it sits right now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I guess we'll see if they come to dev camp and how they perform there. I wouldn't hold out any hope that they sign any of the three. (Repeated from the other two threads.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad