Lino Martschini

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Plays with a great amount of heart and determination despite smaller size and slimmer build. Can play the point on the man-advantage and has great speed through the neutral zone. Elusive and deceptive skating ability. Great shot. Unafraid to go up against players twice his size. Can serve as a great inspiration to his teammates.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=70432

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Does he have any chances of getting drafted? His scoring pace is astonishing for a kid his size. I mean he's built like an average 11 year old. If he's lucky, he might be one of those rare cases that hits a growth spurt at 18.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
If he's lucky, he might be one of those rare cases that hits a growth spurt at 18.

iirc, he did some tests at a doctor's, and the results weren't too optimistic. he probably has to play his entire career as a midget among men.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
I highly doubt he ever gets drafted. I just don't see him having success at the NHL level.
On the other side, he used to outscore Nino Niederreiter at every level of his career, even now in his rookie year in the OHL.
It's a shame he isn't at least 5'7. Martin St. Louis shows how well you can perform without size and much physical presence.

First sequence is a breakaway goal by Marschini. He's really flying out there.

interview (german) and some playing sequences. He really is a fighter, I hope he'll have at least a good AHL career.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Nathan Gerbe has made it to the NHL despite only being 5'5", but he also weighs a lot more than Lino and has the benefit of being North American.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Nathan Gerbe has made it to the NHL despite only being 5'5", but he also weighs a lot more than Lino and has the benefit of being North American.

he needs to get to at least 155 if possible.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Guessing that would be about 65-70 kg?
It is possible, but it is going to take him a few years to get there.

yeah I imagine it's going to take time, he might not even have the frame to support it. What you notice about all the small guys in the NHL is that they have absolutely huge lower bodies.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
judging from the video clips of him in normal clothes he doesn't look that skinny, so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to bulk up to maybe 150-160. Yeah I've heard St.Louis' thighs are HUGE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad