OT: Link to thread on the main board you guys need to read: RIP FUGU :(

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Last edited:

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/saying-goodbye-to-fugu.2542731/page-3#post-149641571

I am at a loss for words

For those who do not know about the behind the scenes of this site, Fugu and Buffaloed have been the driving forces behind the site for a very long time and through different ownership changes have kept it the way the brothers(Who founded the site) the way the originally designed it to be

I'm really sorry to hear the news.

Changeiscoming (or JTS) you mention that she helped keep HF how the brothers originally designed it to be. What do you mean by that?

What was the vision the brothers had for the site?

Reactions: Aerrol

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm really sorry to hear the news.

Changeiscoming (or JTS) you mention that she helped keep HF how the brothers originally designed it to be. What do you mean by that?

What was the vision the brothers had for the site?

Hockey discussion board open for all hockey fans--I can not go into details(as it is not my place) but at least one of the ownership group that owned it had plans to re shape the site completely and think it would have chased away most posters--this was the group that wanted to make it that everyone here needed to be a sponsor to post

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Fugu helped me out a lot over the years and was someone that I could talk to about my personal life as a friend. Her contributions to HF are likely far greater than I know and this is a massive blow to the moderating group and all of HF.

I will echo your thoughts. Fugu not only was a great support for me during my time here as a moderator, but also was able to give me advice on a personal level during a very difficult time for me and someone very close to me in my life.

I hope what time she has left she can enjoy with those who are important to her. She is an hfboards legend and a very special and caring person.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
@Spawn She was like the HF Mod team mom. No one ever gets along 100% of the time and we had our differences on some issues, but through it all she earned my respect and friendship.

Reactions: The Head Crusher

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
It's absolutely devastating news. She is such a great person, and will be missed immeasurably. :(

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I didn't know her as well as some of you guys did (Bryan, Fourier from the business board, Spawn and a lot of the mods) but this was still really tough to hear. I know she touched a lot of lives around here and was beloved by the entire community.

This is just another example of what a killer cancer is and that we should do everything we can collectively to contribute to the cause of finding cures. Every little bit helps. I'm sure cancer has affected us all in some profound way, present company included unfortunately.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
She's an incredible person. Thank you for your kindness, Foogs. It was unwavering, even during moments where I was undeserving of it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
RIP Fugu, thank you so much for all that you have done for this board as well as your friendship. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well as everyone that you have touched in your life.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I didn't state anything until now but RIP Fugu. While we shared passions regarding this board we didn't agree on them. Which is fine. You cared passionately about this place and life and that is clear.

Just as an update on the main thread (the OP links to it) MrFugu, her husband, posted yesterday. Its obviously a moving tribute and nice that he is taking the time to post here for the first time just to acknowledge the passion she had here.

I just figured I'd let people here know that had occurred.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->