GDT: 'Ling @ 'Tols. 3pm. Verizon Center. 4.14.2014

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Looks like he ranks about 20th in most categories, that he lost more games than he won, and that it was his worst year as a pro for both GAA and save percentage.

The team in front of him sucked, so I don't how much of it is his fault. But these stats don't suggest a strong year.

Those stats also don't take into account a meddlesome goalie coach who tried to change his style or a coach who was adamant about playing people out of their normal positions due to how they held a stick. Now that he's moved back to his preferred style he has looked 10 times better.

Vladiator16*

Montreal has a deeper sting IMO they screwed this franchise with Halak and them running us in 7 a few years back we stuck it to that fan base today:sarcasm:

Take out :sarcasm: and I agree. After being Halaked the whole world got upside down. **** Montreal. I was at that ****ing game 7.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Holtby really only had a 10 game stretch (for him) over the course of two months that he was bad. Other than that he was actually very good (.926 sv%). Obviously this is cherry picking a bit, but he was good before that stretch, and after, which could very well mean he just had a very rough 2 months but is arguably still a top 10 goalie.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
Holtby really only had a 10 game stretch (for him) over the course of two months that he was bad. Other than that he was actually very good (.926 sv%). Obviously this is cherry picking a bit, but he was good before that stretch, and after, which could very well mean he just had a very rough 2 months but is arguably still a top 10 goalie.
THANK YOU! Try and explain that logic to people who irrationally want to overlook the facts though.

Liberati0n*

Looks like he ranks about 20th in most categories, that he lost more games than he won, and that it was his worst year as a pro for both GAA and save percentage.

The team in front of him sucked, so I don't how much of it is his fault. But these stats don't suggest a strong year.

The point was to look at the game log. He had a bad stretch of games, and the obvious scattered ones that every goalie has, but was otherwise pretty consistently good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad