GDT: 'Ling @ 'Tols. 3pm. Verizon Center. 4.14.2014

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Yes.

scott-pilgrim-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-23337705-500-228.jpg

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Really hoping we get blown out. We can't have a 5 game winning streak sitting on Leonsis as we head into the offseason. He'll obviously start thinking "We just started to gel!" and bring Oates back.

Please, please beat us 5-2. Backstrom with both goals to hit 20, or Kuznetsov with 1 or 2.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I wonder why Leblanc got called up from Hershey instead of Latta or Brown. Anyway, if he plays, it'll be his first NHL game. He played 4 years at UNH and has played 5 years in AHL.

Last edited:

Vladiator16*

I actually don't remember worse kind of ****storm then this... Oh, the game... Who gives a ****...
I'd like to say goodbye to Dick Patrick, GMGM and Mr. Oates. Good luck.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Really hoping we get blown out. We can't have a 5 game winning streak sitting on Leonsis as we head into the offseason. He'll obviously start thinking "We just started to gel!" and bring Oates back.

Please, please beat us 5-2. Backstrom with both goals to hit 20, or Kuznetsov with 1 or 2.

i just can't do it. even when i know it's in our best interest to lose, i root for us to win. it's all i know how to do. plus i want ovie to get one more. 52 is a nice number.

the lightning, unlike hurricanes and blackhawks, have something to play for. home ice is riding on this game. they'll give us a tougher game. i hope we push back. i also hope this is the end of the road for GMGM and oates.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Ovechkin should aim for 55 now.

The look on Bishop's face was priceless when he realised that Ovechkin's 4th goal actually got past him.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
I don't want us to get blown out, I want us to win. I don't think anything can save Oates if the plan is to get rid of him at this point. We didn't make the playoffs. Winning 5 games in a row now actually makes not making the playoffs look even worse because it shows that our guys have it in them but that Oates couldn't pull it together. And I would never, could never root for the Capitals to lose.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009

A winning streak when it doesn't matter any more is irrelevant. Remember, right before this winning streak was the Dallas drubbing when it did matter. As already stated, if the plan is to fire anyone, that plan is already in place and will hopefully take place first thing 9 am tomorrow.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
About the only reason I'd hope for a win is for the fans attending. They probably thought this game would have playoff implications - in a positive way for the Caps.

Otherwise I don't really care and I hope Oates gets canned tonight yet.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Was going to predict a lazy, low scoring win for the Caps until I realized the Bolts have something to play for, still (home ice in round 1). So all bets are off.

This will likely be a rare game missed for me. I am not disappoint.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
If Ovechkin gets another goal he'll be sitting at 52, which would be clear foreshadowing of a blockbuster core shakeup centered around Mike Green. If he scores none or 2+ Mike Green will be given a 6 year extension at 6.25 million.

n3ss

Nov 29, 2011
Anyone taking bets on how long after this game it takes for management and coaching staff to start getting canned?

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
You guys will have a bunch of Hab fans cheering on the Caps today. Here's hoping to a nice win for Washington!

I think you're in for a disappointment and should have your bags packed for round 1. I have no confidence this team will care enough to show up today. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I am not disappoint.

I am not disappoint either. Many times we lack soark. But today i hope we have some.

Rooting for Ovie to get one, for Caps to win, and for Wilson to lay out Callahan if he gets a chance. Also happy for Leblanc if he gets a sweater. Would be a dream come true for a guy who appears to have put in the time.

As for how long it takes Oates to get canned, my bigger question is whether McPhee gets canned, too. If Leonsis does so, I hope he moves quickly, so that we get a shot at any/all of the various GMs and coaches on the market. Not that he needs to hire replacement quickly. But i hope the s***canning goes quickly.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
I hope the can comes quickly as well and the new GM is hired with enough time to not only go after the coach he wants but also evaluate what he has in the organization as well as organize his drafting and UFA laundry list. Give the new guy a chance to hit the ground running.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->