No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
What I would like to see...

Patches - Stamkos - Okposo
Carr - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Eller - Danault - Ghetto
Hudon - McCarron - Byron

We may need to dump Eller to make Stamkos and Okposo work. I can also see a play for Yakupov. Despite some of the hate, if we can win in the trade, I think it's worth the risk. I think he has more offensive upside than Carr, grit notwithstanding.

However, what we will likely see for top-6...

67 - 51 - 27
81 - 14 - 11

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It's really interchangeable, but I would think it'd be hard to keep Eller should Stamkos and Okposo ends up with us. Not likely to happen.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't see any major UFA high dollar signing. Galchenyuk will be breaking the bank soon.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
I don't see any major UFA high dollar signing. Galchenyuk will be breaking the bank soon.

Depends on what you mean by major. Markov expires next season, Emelin, Plekanec, Eller the year after.

5-6m shouldn't be a huge problem, there are a ton of potential free agents and a lot of teams close to the cap. You have to think that this is a buyers marker at this point at least.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Depends on what you mean by major. Markov expires next season, Emelin, Plekanec, Eller the year after.

5-6m shouldn't be a huge problem, there are a ton of potential free agents and a lot of teams close to the cap. You have to think that this is a buyers marker at this point at least.

Don't forget Price in that group. He's gonna be a 10M dollar guy (possibly higher if he hits the market) if he even decides to stay...

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Don't forget Price in that group. He's gonna be a 10M dollar guy (possibly higher if he hits the market) if he even decides to stay...

I'm not convinced he will go all out, but certainly Pacioretty, him and Galchenyuk will absorb a lot, but not enough I feel to absorb all of what we save on middling players expiring

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
My lines to end out the season with Pacioretty back and Gallagher still injured:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Desharnais
Eller-Plekanec-Andrighetto
Danault-McCarron-Lessio
DLR-Mitchell-Byron
Brown
Matteau

Last edited:

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
My lines to end out the season with Pacioretty back and Gallagher still injured:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Desharnais
Eller-Plekanec-Andrighetto
Danault-McCarron-Lessio
DLR-Mitchell-Byron
Brown
Pacc-Galchy-Andrighetto
Eller-Plek-Byron
Matteau-DD-McCarron
Lessio-Danault-Mitchell
Brown-
DLR=ahl

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Tkachuk-Stamkos-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Andrighetto
Danault-McCarron-Carr
Lessio-Mitchell-Byron

Not realistic at all, but I could probably pull it off in NHL 16.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I'm gonna predict we win the lottery, bigger, younger and better team next season with a new coach Pascal Vincent.

Pacioretty (6'2") - Matthews (6'2") - Gallagher (5'9")
Vessey (6'1") - Galchenyuk (6'2") - Andrighetto (5'10")
Eller (6'2") - McCarron (6'6") - Byron (5'7")
Carr (6'0") - Danault (6'0") - Mitchell (6'0")
Flynn (6'2")

de la Rose (6'3")
Hudon (5'10")
Lessio (6'2")

Plekanec traded
Desharnais traded
Matteau traded

Beaulieu (6'2") - Subban (6'0")
Markov (6'0") - Petry (6'3")
Barberio (6'0") - Pateryn (6'2")
Parisi (6'0")

Hanley (6'0")

Emelin traded

Price (6'3")
Condon (6'2")

Lindgren (6'2")

Fucale traded

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
This made my brain try to kill itself.

I know you are very, very negative and biased but Desharnais is 32nd in points for centers since 2011-2012, 19th in assists, 34th in pts/gp by centers having played more than 300 games. All this while being only 40th in TOI/GP... Not a slouch offensively by any mean. Not a first liner imo but a capable offensive player for sure and is certainly good to pass the puck. Man the blind hate on here is intense

Edit : also 70th in points, 36th in assists for forwards while 78th in TOI/GP. Not bad at all

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know you are very, very negative and biased but Desharnais is 32nd in points for centers since 2011-2012, 19th in assists, 34th in pts/gp by centers having played more than 300 games. All this while being only 40th in TOI/GP... Not a slouch offensively by any mean. Not a first liner imo but a capable offensive player for sure and is certainly good to pass the puck. Man the blind hate on here is intense

Edit : also 70th in points, 36th in assists for forwards while 78th in TOI/GP. Not bad at all

He's terrible.

He's even worse in the play-offs.

This guy has no business being in the NHL.

realtalk11

Oct 7, 2013

I hate the TOI stat argument because he would probably be even less effective if he played more.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
He's terrible.

He's even worse in the play-offs.

This guy has no business being in the NHL.

Nice arguments, but you are still objectively wrong ;)

The guy has no business in the NHL but is still better in those years than Boedkker, Henrique, Fisher, Doan, Schenn, Stafford, Stempniak, Perrault, Fisher, Perron and many more who are all serviceable NHL players.

Keep up the good work and the enthusiasm, your contributions are really constructive.

Last edited:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen/Hudon-Plekanec-Andrighetto
Danault-McCarron-Carr
Matteau-Mitchell-Byron

MarcusJones

Jul 1, 2013
West Island MTL
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen/Hudon-Plekanec-Andrighetto
Danault-McCarron-Carr
Matteau-Mitchell-Byron

You removed Eller but kept Matteau and Byron :shakehead

Something I would try is

Patches - Pleky - Gally
Eller - Galchy - Ghetto
Carr - McCarron - Danault
DLR - Mitchell - Byron

Wouldn't mind seeing more Patches - Galchy - Ghetto before the season's end. Byron is just an eyesore for that line and especially at this point in the season. Prospects compete for 3rd line wing next preseason. Not including draft pick & UFA's. Strictly who's playing right now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->