Line Combos: Lineups Discussion Part II

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Pax Plex Gal
Eller Gal Semin
DSP McCarron 8
DLR Mitchell Wezz

Where's Desharnais? Other than that, I like this lineup. DD replaces DSP, but then we're stuck with Flynn and DSP... Which won't happen. So McCarron will likely start the year in the AHL so that DSP/Flynn can play thus only leaving 1 extra forward.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Where's Desharnais? Other than that, I like this lineup. DD replaces DSP, but then we're stuck with Flynn and DSP... Which won't happen. So McCarron will likely start the year in the AHL so that DSP/Flynn can play thus only leaving 1 extra forward.

Holy crap, I forgot about DD, he can center the 5th line?

So I guess,

Pax Plex Gal
Sherback Gal Semin
DSP Eller 8
Flynn McCarron Wezz
DD

habfan1968

Dec 19, 2006
Pacioretty-Plecanek-Gallagher

Eller- Galchenyuk- Semin

DLR-McCarron-Kassian

Weise-Flynn- DSP

DD

Markov- PK
Petry-Emelin/Nate (Emelin traded)
Pateryn- Tinordi/Gilbert/( Rotate these two)

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I think we might carry 8 defensemen this season. Markov looks like he's slowing down.

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Tinordi-Pateryn

Injuries do happen so its better to have depth and options.

Price
Tokarski

No doubt about that.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin
Desharnais-delaRose-Weise
DSP-Mitchell-Kassian
Flynn

I have a feeling Therrien will put Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher together, delaRose-Plekanec-Weise or Kassian on the 3rd line.

Tomas Fleischmann I think is done.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
My line-up

(Assuming Max plays)

Pacioretty(C)-Plekanec(A)-Gallagher(A)
Should be a no-brainer IMO. Plekanec plays well with both these guys, and they are a 200 foot line. Heavy lifting of minutes/assignments. Simple as that.

Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin
I'd hate to lose Eller to our Centre Depth, But he finally has a (seemingly) fair chance at: good minutes, presumably some PP time, and finally some solid linemates. Both Semin and Glachenyuk will organically impede Eller's tendency to carry the puck too long (which IMO, stems from lack of options. He would trust passing to one of his new linemates than some of his in the past. This line could really help us get more out of Eller.

Galchenyuk will benefit from these minutes too, of course. I can't wait to see him use some power in his game. He could take a huge step to becoming a true #1 if he can improve quickly over a season, a la Subban. Semin is healthy (correct me if I'm wrong but his wrist is now 100%), He's in the best market, he's not being brought in as a centrepiece (less pressure). The guy should do well in the Ryder/Vanek/PAP/Briere, etc spot.

Top 6 I think we finally have a full top 6 (I have confidence in Semin), or at least the closest in some time (Barring deadline deals; I mean on opening night). I like how Plekanec's line can handle the big matchups. For once it seems like we don't have to spread out our talent. Max is obviously a #1LW, Gallagher I would argue is a solid #1RW, and Plekanec is capable of very respectable production with and without good linemates. Let's hope to see Price get more puck support this year.

Weise-DD-Kassian
Weise certainly deserves first crack at offensive minutes, and he'll get to play with DD (who is familiar and will give him good opportunities) as well as Kassian (who will certainly ease the loss of size in DD; Weise won't have to go into the corners alone.)

DLR-Mitchell-DSP
De La Rose looks to be a lock due to MT's love for him. I think it might be best to keep him up. He would learn most with NHL competition, from how he looks. I like DLR a lot, and I think if he's given a challenge he'll work harder to improve. Mitchell is a solid 4C (though I'd like to MacCarron get a few games as a C) and while many hate on DSP, he's in better shape and he has unique qualities about his game.

Bottom 6Deep teams need variety, and that comes from the bottom two lines. We should see many configurations I'm sure, but the variety of styles that are available could make the difference down the stretch.

Markov(A)-Subban(A) It makes sense to start with Markov on the first pairing and not deviate from what was a great season from him. Obviously it'd be nice to see his minutes defalte a bit, but we need to have Beaulieu improve before that can happen. PK is PK, moving on.

Beaulieu-Petry Petry is a posied, minute eater that will be the incubator for Beaulieu, who I hope puts it together and starts to turn heads. He has played well so far IMO, but now's the time for him to come through with a jump in production (as we're clearly entering win-now mode).

Emelin-Pateryn If Pateryn can play steady, this could be a solid 3rd pair. I'm interested to see what sort of chemistry they have.

Extra Gilbert isn't bad but Pateryn is in need of minutes to develop, and he is close to equaling Gilbert if he hasn't already.

Defence We have size, speed, youth, and skill. let's see what clicks.

Last edited:

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
Pacioretty - Plekanek - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
Hudon/Adrighetto - Desharnais - Kassian
DSP - Mitchell - Weise

Flynn - Hudon/Adrighetto

Markov- Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Tinordi - Pateryn
Emelin

PP1: Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher - Semin - Subban
PP2: Eller - Plekanek - Desharnais - Markov - Petry
PK1: Pacioretty - Eller - Tinordi - Pateryn
PK2: Mitchell - Plekanek - Beaulieu/Petry - Subban

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It appears the Habs have their top six set already;

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

The Bottom six should have a 3rd line with;

Desharnais - JDLR - Kassian

A fourth line with;

Hudon - Mitchell - Weise

Spares being;

Flynn(RHC) - DSP(RW) - Thomas(LW)

That's fifteen forwards without counting top prospects like;

Mike McCarron(C/RW), Nikita Scherbak(RW), Sven Andrighetto(RW/C/LW), Michael Bournival(LW/C) & Daniel Carr(LW) five more NHL hopefuls knocking at the Habs doorstep for playing time, the competition is extremely tough for any opening injury or not.

Defence seems to have great depth and competition also;

Subban - Markov
Petry - Emelin
Gilbert - Beaulieu
Pateryn - Tinordi
Deitz - Barberio
Johnson - Bennett
(Lernout - Didier - Thrower - Ellis) all RD's & Travis Brown(LD)

Carey Price & Dustin Tokarski - a great one / two punch in nets for our Habs.

Lots of talent offensively/defensively for St.John's IceCaps with a trio of goalies;

Eddie Pasquale
Mike Condon
Zach Fucale

The Habs are loaded with quality depth at every position, this year looks very promising for a Title/Championship in either the NHL/AHL, for the first time since Carey Price led Hamilton to the Calder Cup Championship.:handclap:

The IceCaps could have an AHL line like Tampa's Triplets in Sven Andrighetto/Bournival(LW) - Charles Hudon(C) - Christian Thomas (RW) Call them the BuzzSaw Line, with the other top six line having McCarron centering Bozon/Bournival(LW) & Scherbak(RW).

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
My line up

Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin
McCarron-Desharnais-Kassian
XXXXXXX - Mitchell - Weiss

XXXXXXX = DSP, DLR, Flynn, Hudon etc

If they decide to keep McCarron, it should be to play him in a position he actually is familiar with (C or RW)

Hudon makes the lineup if MaxPac can't start the season. DSP is looking decent thus far

The way I see it (with DD confirmed at 3C)

MaxPac/Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
DLR - DD - Kassian
DSP - Mitchell - Weise
Flynn

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
My line up

Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin

Yeah that's a pretty good lineup. I don't know if McCarron is ready yet or not, time will tell. If he is not, I hope Fleishmann, Hudon or Andrighetto are.

For the fourth line I've always liked Bournival and Weise on opposite wings on a line. their speed wrecks havoc on the forecheck. But if two of Fleishmann, Hudon, and Andrighetto are ready I could see those two filling the 3rd and 4th line left wing spots.

Although I think Therrien will go with DSP and DLR. I'd rather DLR develop his offensive game in Hamilton.

I'd also like to see what a Pacioretty DD Kassian line could do. If that line worked, Kassian's career could take off.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
My line up

Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin

Yeah that's a pretty good lineup. I don't know if McCarron is ready yet or not, time will tell. If he is not, I hope Fleishmann, Hudon or Andrighetto are.

For the fourth line I've always liked Bournival and Weise on opposite wings on a line. their speed wrecks havoc on the forecheck. But if two of Fleishmann, Hudon, and Andrighetto are ready I could see those two filling the 3rd and 4th line left wing spots.

Although I think Therrien will go with DSP and DLR. I'd rather DLR develop his offensive game in Hamilton.

I'd also like to see what a Pacioretty-DD-Kassian line could do. If that line worked, Kassian's career could take off. If it did, we'd need another offensive winger to complete the Pleks-Gallagher duo. Ghetto and Hudon would probably make that line too small. So, hopefully Fleishmann can find his game or McCarron can step up.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Fleishman - DD - Kassian
DLR - Mitchell - Weise

DSP
Flynn

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Gilbert

Pateryn
Tinordi

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Fleishmann - Desharnais - Kassian
DSP - Mitchell - Weise

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Scratched:
Flynn
Gilbert
Tinordi

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
I'm guessing Flesh gets signed to a 1 year deal, we send DLR to the AHL to start the season, DSP outplayed Flynn for the remaining spot. Which looks like a good offense for once.

Fleischmann - DD - Kassian
DSP - Mitchell - Weise

Flynn

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Semin - Galchenyuk - Eller
Flash - DD - Weise
DSP - Mitchell - Kassian
Flynn - Big Mike - JDLR

Subban - Markov
Petry - Emelin
Beaulieu - Gilbert
Pateryn - Tinordi

Price
Condon
Tokrasadadasdasas

I can dig that

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Fleishmann - Desharnais - Kassian
DSP - Mitchell - Weise

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Scratched:
Flynn
Gilbert
Tinordi

This right here. I'd swap Beaulieu and Emelin, but up front this is what I'd like to see as of right now.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This right here. I'd swap Beaulieu and Emelin, but up front this is what I'd like to see as of right now.

Yup
Very intetesting to see who can be more consistent Kass or Weise.
They are very similar players in some respects.
Dale looks like a bonafide top 6 one game and a clumsey plummer the next.
Kass seems to crash pretty good in the O zone but may be goal challenged on this club?
Bottom line Flash showed what a true pro he is and is leaving exactly zero room for doubt.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
pac-galchy-semin
eller-plekanec-gallagher
fleishman-dd-kassian
flynn-mitchell-weise

you switch pac and eller if anything happens

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
What I wanna see on first night :

Fleischmann* - Galchenyuk - Semin
Eller* - DD - Kassian
Smith-Pelly = Mitchell - Weise

Markov Subban
Beaulieu Petry
Emelin Pateryn

Scratched :
Gilbert
Tinordi
Flynn

Price
Condon**

*I'd Start Eller on Chucky's wing just because they told him he would get more responsibilities, but I get a feeling fleischmann wants to play with Semin badly.
**Yes.

Last edited:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
You guys are crazy if you think DD will be an extra...MMW, DD will be playing 75+ games unless he gets injured.

Ehhhhh... how about he's gonna play exactly 82 games if he's not injured?

He just scored a PP goal. In Therrien's eyes, that's a 50 games leash right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad