Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - Malgin

Rielly - Barrie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott

Andersen
Campbell

I would think he would be ineligible.

I’m pretty sure you can call up junior players, wasn’t Subban an OHL call up mid playoffs when he broke into the league.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Keefe was going back to the duos of Matthews-Nylander and Tavares-Marner before **** hit the fan no?

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Clifford - Gauthier - Spezza
Malgin

Rielly - Ceci
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Barrie
Sandin

Andersen
Campbell

This is what I think the lineup will look like. I don't think Keefe will bench Ceci since he just got back and he played him for 21 minutes against Tampa and he had him with Rielly.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I would pay the core and tell them they’re not playing in any gimmicky tournament without fans and would play as many Marlies as possible if the NHL tries this nonsense.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I would pay the core and tell them they’re not playing in any gimmicky tournament without fans and would play as many Marlies as possible if the NHL tries this nonsense.

Marlies will all have to be on the team anyway, and in the hotel as well, for injury call ups.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Nylander - Matthews - Hyman
Clifford - Spezza - Malgin

Rielly - Barrie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott

Andersen
Campbell

I’m pretty sure you can call up junior players, wasn’t Subban an OHL call up mid playoffs when he broke into the league.
Seeing Malgin slotted in the bottom six come playoff time would make me cringe.

Only change I would make to your line-up would be to swap Malgin with Korshkov on the 4th line RW; having a big, cycling 4th line like that would be a useful tool for Keefe - something he had during his Calder Cup win (Greening - Gauthier - Engvall). Otherwise, when healthy, that's a contending lineup.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Seeing Malgin slotted in the bottom six come playoff time would make me cringe.

Only change I would make to your line-up would be to swap Malgin with Korshkov on the 4th line RW; having a big, cycling 4th line like that would be a useful tool for Keefe - something he had during his Calder Cup win (Greening - Gauthier - Engvall). Otherwise, when healthy, that's a contending lineup.

Hurts not having Johnsson in the lineup, completely forgot about Korshkov though

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Marlies will all have to be on the team anyway, and in the hotel as well, for injury call ups.
That’s all I’d play. Not that COVID is a concern, I just wouldn’t risk injury in an meaningless exhibition series for any top player.

If the NHL forces them to play the stars, I’d encourage my player to get out as soon as possible.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Hyman Matthews Marner
Mikheyev JT Nylander
Engvall Kerfoot Kapanen
Clifford Gauthier Spezza

Reilly Dermott
Muzzin Barrie
Sandin Holl
Ceci

Andersen
Campbell

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Keefe was going back to the duos of Matthews-Nylander and Tavares-Marner before **** hit the fan no?

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Clifford - Gauthier - Spezza
Malgin

Rielly - Ceci
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Barrie
Sandin

Andersen
Campbell

This is what I think the lineup will look like. I don't think Keefe will bench Ceci since he just got back and he played him for 21 minutes against Tampa and he had him with Rielly.
This is what I think the lineup will look like. I don't think Keefe will bench Ceci since he just got back and he played him for 21 minutes against Tampa and he had him with Rielly.[/QUOTE]
You already knew the lineup sire. I'm thumbin it hard down here sire. Those two first lines will kill other teams like the corona virus mayne. They ain't have even chance there sire. Mayne we bout our money and our game soon. Also uh, that dirty third line has speed also and some game. They finna score some too. Our PP with barrie will be one of the league's best and scoring-a-lot again. Our team will bank 4-6 goals per game no matter what. So it'll be only bout that not allowing those goals for us mayne. If we keep it under 3 goals per game, we bout our cup too mayne. So look on that there sire and keep y'alls heads up.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

I'm not sure why it's saying 503 Service Unvailable... it's an article on Sportsnet, from Feb.

Head coach Sheldon Keefe announced Friday the 25-year-old winger requires surgery on his right knee and will be out of the lineup at least eight weeks. That was announced Feb 14th. Eight weeks was April 10th.

I'm not saying he'll be back in the lineup, or not, but we are past 10 weeks now, and no chance of play/practice for another 9-10 weeks... so an injury that was said eight weeks minimum, you'd think would be good to go at 20 weeks.... plus, it would be good to show he isn't affected by the injury, if he can play well... in case we need to trade him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel Ward and qqaz

standers

Dec 1, 2015
Hymen Mathews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander
Johnsson Spezza Kappy
Soup Engvall/GOAT Clifford
Malgin

Rielly Holl
Muzzin Barrie
Dermot Ceci

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
That’s all I’d play. Not that COVID is a concern, I just wouldn’t risk injury in an meaningless exhibition series for any top player.

If the NHL forces them to play the stars, I’d encourage my player to get out as soon as possible.
That's no much a looser additude I couldn't do it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That's no much a looser additude I couldn't do it.

I don’t think you need your players playing in July, if the next season is going to start back in October. Mitch Marner, for example is better off working out and strengthening his upper body than he is playing in a exhibition tournament.
I’d rather see Chara and Bergeron putting next season at risk than Marner and Matthews.
I know the players need the revenue and they’ll participate but if you’re in the window to win next year, why risk it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad