Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
How about this line up:
JFJ - RNH - Ebs
Hall - Hordichuck - Yak
Big Mac - Gagner - Hemsky
Eager - Horcoff - Jones

I'm sure we can reaquire Big Mac and JFJ for cheap

Oh Im sure we can fit reddox in there somewhere, maybe sit yak for a game?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
How about this line up:
JFJ - RNH - Ebs
Hall - Hordichuck - Yak
Big Mac - Gagner - Hemsky
Eager - Horcoff - Jones

I'm sure we can reaquire Big Mac and JFJ for cheap

Well, we wouldn't have any issues with grit. Playing every game as a 5 on 4 might not be the most effective thing ever though

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
I would have my lines

Hall-Gagner-Ebbs
Harti-RNH-Hemsky
MPS-Horcoff-Jones
RS-Belanger-Yakupov

I think Yakupov has alot to learn and is making alot of misstakes killing the second line. Even if he one of the biggest threats I would put him on the 4th line till he has played some more. I still think he could be a threat on the fourth line.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
^ Agreeing with Ladra here. Once Jones is back, I'd also like to see Yak dropped down the roster.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Gagner-Hemsky
Hartikainen-Horcoff-Paajarvi
Jones-Belanger-Yakupov

My rational for the lineup.

Line 1)
Kid line. it works, let them grow together.

Line 2)
Despite that the current 2nd line is getting points, it really hasn't looked effective.

Hemsky and Nail are both the most effective on the rush; with neither being particularly strong at working away the puck in the offensive zone, or at puck retrieval. The two of them is the classic example of not enough pucks on the ice. Split them up and let them be the "go to guy" on their own line.

With this line Hemsky gets a guy that can get to the net and loose puck (and has worked well with him before) and one that can play off him.

Line 3)
Hartikainen and Paajarvi both looked good on the cycle the other night, and have all season in the AHL. Paajarvi's not strong enough to be the main cycler on his line, but he can complement Teemu and Horcoff.

Plus his speed means that the line can still work in transitions (going both ways), that was one of the main issues for the Smyth-Horcoff-Hartikainen line at the start of the season (or with Petrell there currently, or even when Jones was in that spot last season)

Line 4)
Jones and Belanger might be a good fit for Yak for a couple of reasons.

Jones is one of the better guys on the team for getting loose puck and going to the net. With Belanger Yak gets the best faceoff man on the team, and a decent defensive centre. With this it means that you keep Yak at his most effective: With the puck on his stick.

Plus the fact that this is one line that's not going to draw defensive matchups means Yak gets a chance to go against lower-end forwards and defenceman.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I'd roll like this

Hall-RNH-Ebs
Jones-Gagner-Yak
Smyth-Horc-Hemmer
MPS-Belanger-Harti
Eager, Petrell
Hordichuk waived

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad