Lines when Ryan Jones Comes Back?

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Send Hordichuk to the minors. He doesn't bring anything Eager can't and has less skill. Can Petrel play center?
Trade Belanger, have 3rd line of Smyth, Horcoff and Jones. 4th line is Hartikainen, Petrel, and Pajaarvi.
Aaaaaaaand PLAYOFFS!

Aaaaaaand a PARADE TOO

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd like to see this to spread out the scoring more.

Hall Gagner Eberle (scoring line 1)
Harti RNH Yakupov (scoring line 2)
Smyth Horcoff Hemsky (vets + Hemsky can inject some offence)
MPS Belanger Jones (speedy checking/energy line)

I don't like Yakupov + Hemsky at all, no chemistry whatsoever.

Does switching Horc and Belanger make sense? Horc has some better speed to play with MPS/Jones.

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
Listening to Gregor around 3.00, he said Jones is skating in a full cage and is around 10 days away. :)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hordichuk gets waived, and Jones slots in for one of the young guys.

Paajarvi and Hartikainen swap in and out of the line-up as needed a'la Potter-Fistric.

Petrell doesn't get sat the way he's been playing. For a team that can't play defense for ****, you don't sit your only defense-only forward.

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Yak - Gagner - Hemsky
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones
Harti/Mags - Belanger - Petrell

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
As much as i'd like to have MSP and harti in the line up. You can't have success without some grit in the line up. Look at the kings fourth line, or even the devils last year. We need guys like petrell, eager in the line up. Belanger does help are PK and are face off wins but he isnt a 4th line center. He is a third and so is horcoff. MSP and Harti are skilled forwards always have been. IMO we lack a forth line center, that can provide defense and energy. Hard guys to find tho.
Hall-NUG-Eberle (Scoring Line)
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky (Scoring Line)
Smyth-Horcoff-Jones (Checking Line/Secondary Offense)
eager-??????-petrell (Energy/Intimadation line)

I love what belanger brings but he is to close to the same as horcoff. A Jordan Nolan type player would be prefect. We could also use upgrade on both Petrell and egaer IMO.

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
Id rotate Smyth, Petrell, Harti, PRV and Jones through the bottom 6. Whoever has a bad game sits. We need to maximize effort from these guys and rewarding and punishing them with ice time is the best way to go.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
As much as i'd like to have MSP and harti in the line up. You can't have success without some grit in the line up. Look at the kings fourth line, or even the devils last year. We need guys like petrell, eager in the line up. Belanger does help are PK and are face off wins but he isnt a 4th line center. He is a third and so is horcoff. MSP and Harti are skilled forwards always have been. IMO we lack a forth line center, that can provide defense and energy. Hard guys to find tho.
Hall-NUG-Eberle (Scoring Line)
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky (Scoring Line)
Smyth-Horcoff-Jones (Checking Line/Secondary Offense)
eager-??????-petrell (Energy/Intimadation line)

I love what belanger brings but he is to close to the same as horcoff. A Jordan Nolan type player would be prefect. We could also use upgrade on both Petrell and egaer IMO.
The **** did I just read? Harti is a skilled forward? I don't know what guy you're talking about, but the Hartkianen I know is a beast along the boards and on the forecheck who throws more hits per time on ice than anyone else on the team.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
The **** did I just read? Harti is a skilled forward? I don't know what guy you're talking about, but the Hartkianen I know is a beast along the boards and on the forecheck who throws more hits per time on ice than anyone else on the team.

I appreciate your response to his post. Every time I tried, my reply looked like "*** *** ** ** *** ******* ******"

Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching a different team than others.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
I appreciate your response to his post. Every time I tried, my reply looked like "*** *** ** ** *** ******* ******"

Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching a different team than others.

Hahah that's how it feels sometimes on here, one person will say one thing about a player and then the next guy will say something totay different, it's like nobody actually watches the team sometimes.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Hartikainen Horcoff Paajarvi
Smyth Belanger Jones

I like that bottom 6. I agree that Smyth can still play, but his foot speed is painful to watch sometimes.

I think we'll end up with:
Smyth Horcoff Paajarvi
Hartikainen Belanger Jones

I think Hartikainen should get 3rd line minutes, but does Ralph have the stones to put Smyth on the 4th line?

darkwave09

Nov 5, 2008
I hope that coach k has the stones put Smyth on the fourth line. He is still a useful player but too slow for the third line IMO. I would like to see.
MPS-Horcoff-Harti
Smyth-Belanger-Jones
Eager
Hordichuk-waived

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
How about this line up:
JFJ - RNH - Ebs
Hall - Hordichuck - Yak
Big Mac - Gagner - Hemsky
Eager - Horcoff - Jones

I'm sure we can reaquire Big Mac and JFJ for cheap

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
How about this line up:
JFJ - RNH - Ebs
Hall - Hordichuck - Yak
Big Mac - Gagner - Hemsky
Eager - Horcoff - Jones

I'm sure we can reaquire Big Mac and JFJ for cheap

haha. I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

Cue the Tambo troll face!!!!!

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Something along these lines. Hemsky traded for futures.

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Harti - Gag - Yak
Jones - Belanger - PRV
Smyth - Noscorecoff - Petrell

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta
Same lines as right now with Petrell out, Jones in.

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Yakupov - Gagner - Hemsky
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones
Hartikainen - Belanger - Paajarvi
Eager (IR), Petrell, Hordichuk

When Eager gets back make a decision. I'd either trade Smyth or waive Hordichuk. Paajarvi's been good playing in a defensive role.

This is the best combo imo.

oilfaninvan

Mar 31, 2004
van
I think we'll see

Hall RNH Eberle
Yak Gagner Hemsky
Smyth Horcoff Jones
Hartikainen Belanger Petrell

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I hate to say it, but you sit Smitty. He's been a hella bad so far this year - seems disinterested, slower than last year, and simply ineffective IMO in any role given to him. He's playing like he's a waste of a spot.:pout:

waker

May 4, 2010
Something along these lines. Hemsky traded for futures.

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Harti - Gag - Yak
Jones - Belanger - PRV
Smyth - Noscorecoff - Petrell

This, THIS! Cycling YAK-64 and PRV between the lines within a game would balance things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad