Lines when Ryan Jones Comes Back?

edmonton_ice

Jul 3, 2006
Edmonton
www.mulletsgalore.com
When Ryan Jones returns what do you think line up will look like ? I think you sit Petrell or MP ?

You could dry Jones with some skill to maybe create space for skilled guys.

1st
Taylor Hall
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Jordan Eberle

2nd
Nail Yakupov
Sam Gagner
Ales Hemsky

3rd
Ryan Smyth
Shawn Horcoff
Lennart Petrell

4th
Teemu Hartikainen
Eric Belanger
Magnus Paajarvi

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd be tempting to have the same talk I had with Fistric with Smyth when Jones comes back.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Sit Ryan Smyth. PRV and Petrell have at least been playing like they give a ****

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Hemsky-RNH-Yakupov
Harti-Belanger-Paajarvi
Petrell-Horcoff-Jones

Ryan Smyth traded to Calgary for a 7th round pick

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
Any word on Jones' progess?

I think we have missed Jones in the bottom 6 more than we'd care to admit.

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
I was curious of this as well. Normally you would just sit the guy who hasn't been playing up to par but how can you sit a guy like Smyth who has been the heart and soul of this team for so long? Some have said they expect MPS to sit but IMO Magnus has been doing exactly what Coach K has asked him to do plus more because he has actually been contributing to quite a few scoring chances along with Hartikainen. Plus these guys have shown some chemistry that would be hard to just break up. Petrell would be another option but in all honesty, Petrell has been one of our better penalty killers and that is a pretty important role on this team who has been playing pretty undisciplined so far the year.

Another decision the organization will have to make is who they will send back to the minors when Eager is healthy as well. The only options they really have are MPS and Hartikainen but like I said before, you just don't take guys who have been filling a role that this team desperately needs and take them out of the lineup, especially seeing how these guys have been doing a damn good job at it. It's going to be a difficult decision for Kreuger but I'm sure he'll figure it out.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
I was curious of this as well. Normally you would just sit the guy who hasn't been playing up to par but how can you sit a guy like Smyth who has been the heart and soul of this team for so long? Some have said they expect MPS to sit but IMO Magnus has been doing exactly what Coach K has asked him to do plus more because he has actually been contributing to quite a few scoring chances along with Hartikainen. Plus these guys have shown some chemistry that would be hard to just break up. Petrell would be another option but in all honesty, Petrell has been one of our better penalty killers and that is a pretty important role on this team who has been playing pretty undisciplined so far the year.

Another decision the organization will have to make is who they will send back to the minors when Eager is healthy as well. The only options they really have are MPS and Hartikainen but like I said before, you just don't take guys who have been filling a role that this team desperately needs and take them out of the lineup, especially seeing how these guys have been doing a damn good job at it. It's going to be a difficult decision for Kreuger but I'm sure he'll figure it out.

I think you're going to see them waive a player or make a trade.

If it were up to me? Hordichuk gets the waive and sent down to OKC. Totally useless hockey player.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Any word on Jones' progess?

I think we have missed Jones in the bottom 6 more than we'd care to admit.

Yep. People like to complain about him, but when you're missing a bottom 6 guy who's scored 35 goals, and got 271 hits in the last 2 years, you're going to have issues with secondary scoring

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
I don't think you sit Symth yet. Give him a few games to fnd his legs and then make that call. He didn't play during the lock out like Whitney who's looked horrible.

Let me get this.

Smyth-Horcof-XXX

Have faced the best line of the Shark, Canucks, Kings, Flames, Colorado and a re -1 for the year.

They shutdown the other teams best and are our #1 PK unit. Some one suggests getting rid of them.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

they neautralize the top lines so the young guns can succeed against

Get his Legs?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Red from the 70's show thinks your his son!

NMK

Feb 3, 2007
Send Hordichuk to the minors. He doesn't bring anything Eager can't and has less skill. Can Petrel play center?
Trade Belanger, have 3rd line of Smyth, Horcoff and Jones. 4th line is Hartikainen, Petrel, and Pajaarvi.
Aaaaaaaand PLAYOFFS!

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
Obviously someone has to be cleared off the roster, I think Peckham is the obvious choice, or is he still on IR too. With Fistric aboard he is redundant

I would like them to shake up the lines, HOWEVER still use Hall/RNH/Ebs together on the PP

Hall - Gagner - Eberle (Gags did wonders with them last year, 8 point game)
Yakupov - RNH - Hemsky
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones (great checking line, worked well last year)
Harty - Belanger - Paajarvi (looked great last night)
Ex. Hordichuk, Petrell

IR - Eager, Peckham?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Send Hordichuk to the minors. He doesn't bring anything Eager can't and has less skill. Can Petrel play center?
Trade Belanger, have 3rd line of Smyth, Horcoff and Jones. 4th line is Hartikainen, Petrel, and Pajaarvi.
Aaaaaaaand PLAYOFFS!

Not sure if serious?

1. Hordichuk isn't concussed, is more willing to hit and is a better fighter
2. Yes. Doesn't mean he should
3. Yes, let's trade our best faceoff guy who plays a key role on our PK. That'll work
4. That's not even close to playoffs

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Aaaaaaaand PLAYOFFS!

If by playoffs you mean last in the league again, yes. Dumping any center is a bad idea for us.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Yep. People like to complain about him, but when you're missing a bottom 6 guy who's scored 35 goals, and got 271 hits in the last 2 years, you're going to have issues with secondary scoring

Bottom 6 of what?

He was the 7th best PKwinger in the game last year. (1st line)

He was 24th ranked for GF for forwards on the PP in the league.
2nd line on our team but pretty much a 1st on most teams.
hall(4th)
RNH(7th)
Horcoff(14th)
Eberle(19th)

Hits stats are questonable.
As one TV anouncer said.
I dropped a pencil.
Bent over to pick it up.
I got credited with a hit.

Last two years jones has been most successful with Eager and gagner @ evens.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bottom 6 of what?

He was the 7th best PKwinger in the game last year. (1st line)

He was 24th ranked for GF for forwards on the PP in the league.
2nd line on our team but pretty much a 1st on most teams.
hall(4th)
RNH(7th)
Horcoff(14th)
Eberle(19th)

Hits stats are questonable.
As one TV anouncer said.
I dropped a pencil.
Bent over to pick it up.
I got credited with a hit.

Last two years jones has been most successful with Eager and gagner @ evens.
What exactly is this? 7th best PK guy? 24th ranked for GF?

Is this multiple posts all bunched up?

As for hits, if it were that simple why doesn't every forward have 100 or 200 or 300 hits on the Oilers?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
If Paajarvi and Harti keep playing like they did last night, it makes it real tough on Coach K. If they can keep it up, I'd promote them to the third line with Horc and have Jones play on the 4th. Something like this:

Hall-Hopkins-Eberle
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Hartikainen
Smyth-Belanger-Jones

And then have Smyth-Horc and Belanger-Jones as your two PK Forward units.

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
If Paajarvi and Harti keep playing like they did last night, it makes it real tough on Coach K. If they can keep it up, I'd promote them to the third line with Horc and have Jones play on the 4th. Something like this:

Hall-Hopkins-Eberle
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Hartikainen
Smyth-Belanger-Jones

And then have Smyth-Horc and Belanger-Jones as your two PK Forward units.

I think this is what would have to happen as well with the possibility of trading Peckham/Potter for draft picks. That way we could keep up Hordichuk and Eager and get them in the lineup when we need some toughness or when we need to rest Smyth for a game or two. The only thing about this is that if Eager plays as good and hits as much as he did in the first game when he's off the IR then we may need him in the lineup more often than not.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Same lines as right now with Petrell out, Jones in.

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Yakupov - Gagner - Hemsky
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones
Hartikainen - Belanger - Paajarvi
Eager (IR), Petrell, Hordichuk

When Eager gets back make a decision. I'd either trade Smyth or waive Hordichuk. Paajarvi's been good playing in a defensive role.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd like to see this to spread out the scoring more.

Hall Gagner Eberle (scoring line 1)
Harti RNH Yakupov (scoring line 2)
Smyth Horcoff Hemsky (vets + Hemsky can inject some offence)
MPS Belanger Jones (speedy checking/energy line)

I don't like Yakupov + Hemsky at all, no chemistry whatsoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->