Beleksky Spooner Pasta
Eriksson Czarnik Stempniak
Vatrano Ferraro Hayes/Connolly

Chara Krug
Liles Seidenberg
Morrow Mcquaid

Rask
Monster

You got to change the lines up. We need to create lines that can score the puck. Krejci line is broken. Krejci is underperforming. That line of Marchand Bergeron Krejci was a really strong line last season. And Spooner and Pasta had wicked chemistry. Bring up Czarnik. Kid plays with alot of fire.

You got to take a risk. All three, Neely, Sweeney and Julien are in jeopardy to lose their jobs at this rate.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Marchand Bergeron Krejci
Beleksky Spooner Pasta
Eriksson Czarnik Stempniak
Vatrano Ferraro Hayes/Connolly

Chara Krug
Liles Seidenberg
Morrow Mcquaid

Rask
Monster

You got to change the lines up. We need more skill/speed. Krejci line is broken. Krejci is underperforming. That line of Marchand Bergeron Krejci was a really strong line. And Spooner and Pasta had wicked chemistry. Bring up Czarnik. Kid plays with alot of fire.

You got to take a risk. All three, Neely, Sweeney and Julien are in jeopardy to lose their jobs at this rate.

Good idea . I like the top 2 lines . Krejci is a complimentary player right now ,he can't carry a line . Worth a shot .

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Too extreme but I think we should give Griffith 3-4 games with DK or Bergy before he likely leaves and beef up the Spooner line.

I also have a can waiting in Albany to bring O'Gara to Boston in hopes that Yale loses to UML.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Good idea . I like the top 2 lines . Krejci is a complimentary player right now ,he can't carry a line . Worth a shot .

It can't be any worst.

One reason why Seguin struggled or didn't perform up to max, was bc he was not given a proper chance to center one of the top 2 two lines. Because of Krejci and Bergeron. Because they are signed up for the long run.

And look at Seguin now. One of the best players in the league and Dallas already has clinched a playoff spot

We can't worry about Krejci needing to play center. Unreliable face off man. Those faceoff loses add up.

We need to combine him with Bergeron and Marchand asap.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Too extreme but I think we should give Griffith 3-4 games with DK or Bergy before he likely leaves and beef up the Spooner line.

I also have a can waiting in Albany to bring O'Gara to Boston in hopes that Yale loses to UML.

sorry but your method does little to nothing. Griffith? seriously. He is not going to make a difference. Not one lick
Tell me what would happen, if you combine Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci together?

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Pretty ridiculous to put Krejci on the wing just to bring up Czarnik (and I'm a huge Czarnik fan), but the lines do need to change.

Literally the first time Spooner and Vatrano ended up on the ice together, we scored our only goal. It's time for Claude to suck it up and stop anchoring down that 3rd line -- let them skate and see if they can work things out for themselves.

Loui - Krejci - Stemp
Marchand - Bergy - Vatrano/Pasta
Beleskey - Spooner - Vatrano/Pasta

No idea what they're gonna do about that 4th line though, just too many passengers right now.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
sorry but your method does little to nothing. Griffith? seriously. He is not going to make a difference. Not one lick
Tell me what would happen, if you combine Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci together?

You have another terrible line when our 4th is already bad and Spoons gets tough matchups.

Griffith had some good run last season and showed he can produce on a top line in a pinch so as I say give him a shot before he inevitably leaves and beef up Spooners line.

I just don't think Vatrano is 'there' at the end of his first season of pro hockey might as well go with Seth.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Pretty ridiculous to put Krejci on the wing just to bring up Czarnik (and I'm a huge Czarnik fan), but the lines do need to change.

Literally the first time Spooner and Vatrano ended up on the ice together, we scored our only goal. It's time for Claude to suck it up and stop anchoring down that 3rd line -- let them skate and see if they can work things out for themselves.

Loui - Krejci - Stemp
Marchand - Bergy - Vatrano/Pasta
Beleskey - Spooner - Vatrano/Pasta

No idea what they're gonna do about that 4th line though, just too many passengers right now.

all you are doing is recyling the lines. You need to take a RISK

Krejci is not a good center. I'm sorry but only times he has done well is with particular line mates (like Lucic, Horton) and in the playoffs

Otherwise you look at his career as a center, he has struggled. He couldn't get Seguin going. He could get xyz going.

A good center, like Bergeron, Toews makes the other players better

Having Marchand Bergeron and Krejci would increase our offensive firepower easily. It's almost like you are in a powerplay but 5-5

And Czarnik has not nothing but deserve a chance up in the big leagues. He is scoring close to a point a game down in Providence. Has the fire , skills, speed to add some boost. And Pasta and Spooner had wicked chemistry last season. You got yourself a 2nd line there.

bruins51

Jul 5, 2015
Vatrano in his 2 games since he got called up:
1 goal, 1 assist, 4 hits, 1 takeaway, 0 giveaways

Clearly what we need to do is send him down :shakehead

I think they should roll:

Marchand - Bergeron - Stemp
Beleskey - Krejci - Pasta
Vatrano - Spooner - Loui
Connolly - Acciari - Randell/Ferraro

Sit hayes.

If the nhl wasn't a joke the top line would have 3 goals / 4 or 5 assists in the last 2 games. Just getting robbed.

Maybe Beleskey can bring some life to the dead krejci line. And we already know vatrano and spooner works, and loui can be there to clean up in front of the net or cover any defensive gaps.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
all you are doing is recyling the lines. You need to take a RISK

Krejci is not a good center. I'm sorry but only times he has done well is with particular line mates (like Lucic, Horton) and in the playoffs

Otherwise you look at his career as a center, he has struggled. He couldn't get Seguin going. He could get xyz going.

A good center, like Bergeron, Toews makes the other players better

Having Marchand Bergeron and Krejci would increase our offensive firepower easily. It's almost like you are in a powerplay but 5-5

And Czarnik has not nothing but deserve a chance up in the big leagues. He is scoring close to a point a game down in Providence. Has the fire , skills, speed to add some boost. And Pasta and Spooner had wicked chemistry last season. You got yourself a 2nd line there.

You don't have to take a risk (though in Claude's eyes, my line combos would be doing just that). You need to put guys in the right place to succeed, which means putting them with people they fit with stylistically.

I don't believe Krejci would even work as a wing on your line because he's a completely different type of player than those two....if anything, Spooner would be the center you would put there. I'm not even a Krejci fan (have wanted him traded for D help since we had Seguin) but even I know he's a perfectly good center. We've just gotten away from giving him players he actually has chemistry and fits with. Players like Krejci, Savvy, Spooner, etc all essentially need the same thing: a player on one side to forecheck and get them the puck, and a player on the other to score. We really don't have anyone that fits either of those, except for Beleskey and Pastrnak, which doesn't work because Krejci is much too slow to keep up with them. At least Loui and Stemp give him people his speed to work with.

As I said, I love Czarnik and definitely think he deserves a shot at some point, but there's simply no way they're going to roll with 3 rookie/1st full year centers behind Bergeron...not with Claude as the coach. And you definitely can not make an argument for moving Acciari from 4C.

edit - Krejci never played with Seguin...that was a big argument around here when Seguin was here.

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
You don't have to take a risk (though in Claude's eyes, my line combos would be doing just that). You need to put guys in the right place to succeed, which means putting them with people they fit with stylistically.

I don't believe Krejci would even work as a wing on your line because he's a completely different type of player than those two....if anything, Spooner would be the center you would put there. I'm not even a Krejci fan (have wanted him traded for D help since we had Seguin) but even I know he's a perfectly good center. We've just gotten away from giving him players he actually has chemistry and fits with.

As I said, I love Czarnik and definitely think he deserves a shot at some point, but there's simply no way they're going to roll with 3 rookie/1st full year centers behind Bergeron...not with Claude as the coach. And you definitely can not make an argument for moving Acciari from 4C.

edit - Krejci never played with Seguin...that was a big argument around here when Seguin was here.
Didn't Spooner get two assists playing one game with Bergeron and Marchand earlier in the year ?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I don't believe Krejci would even work as a wing on your line because he's a completely different type of player than those two....if anything, Spooner would be the center you would put there. I'm not even a Krejci fan (have wanted him traded for D help since we had Seguin) but even I know he's a perfectly good center. We've just gotten away from giving him players he actually has chemistry and fits with. Players like Krejci, Savvy, Spooner, etc all essentially need the same thing: a player on one side to forecheck and get them the puck, and a player on the other to score. We really don't have anyone that fits either of those, except for Beleskey and Pastrnak, which doesn't work because Krejci is much too slow to keep up with them. At least Loui and Stemp give him people his speed to work with.

Krejci has been given Beleksky, Eriksson etc. How many diff players need to play rotate the chair for him

A 1st line center is just that. Could make 4th line players look better than they are

Krejci is not a natural center. He has been placed there or requested to play the position

He is also a very good RW. Good along the boards. And you don't have to worry about faceoff issues

You guys don't remember how much quality the Marchand Bergeron and Krejci line was last season for a short period of time

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
What about the defensive pairings ? Do they need a shakeup ? Wasn't it after the Bruins lost the first two games of the Montreal series in 2011 that they put Chara and Seids together ? The same kind of desperation moves are needed now . We have to win .

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Marchand - Bergeron - Kelly Sutherland
Beleskey - Krejci - Pasta
Vatrano - Spooner - Greg Devorski
Wes McCauley - Acciari - Randell/Ferraro

Maybe these combos will help :sarcasm:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not only the es lines, but the PP lines need to be shaken up. DK needs to be taken off the first PP unit. The first PP unit has been terrible for months now, so they need to stop being given the vast majority of PP TOI. Hayes on the second unit needs to also go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad