No patches

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Domi - Shaw - Scherbak
Lekhonen - Pleks - Armia
Hudon - JDR - Peca

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher/Armia/Scherbak

Pacioretty/Drouin didn't work last year but hopefully a lot has changed. Drouin is more experienced as a center and hopefully Pacioretty reverts back to his more successful style of play. Gallagher is the easy 3rd here, but I wonder if the bigger bodied Armia could find an even strength role. Could Scherbak play a bit of a Radulov-lite role to compliment?

Domi - Danault - Gallagher/Scherbak

I wonder what kind of goal numbers Danault could put up with Domi on his wing? Gallagher/Scherbak provide the secondary scoring from a 2nd line.

Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia

I swear it's not because they are all Finnish. Two defensively responsible wingers who are both competent offensively. A decent intro into the league.

Powerplay

Pacioretty - Domi - Scherbak
Drouin - Petry

I'd love to see the Habs go to 4F 1D powerplay sans Weber.

Even once Weber returns, put the skill on PP1 and go 4F 1 D. Then put some size/net pressence players on PP2 and let Weber and Reilly get shots on net.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I want Dupres and Oullet with either Weber and Petry. It's time to throw "safe" out-of the window and go with high potential moves imo.

I also want Scherbak on a top 6 role for a long stretch. He has game breaking talent and seems to be working hard here in Montreal to have the athletic abilities to go with it.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher/Armia/Scherbak

Pacioretty/Drouin didn't work last year but hopefully a lot has changed. Drouin is more experienced as a center and hopefully Pacioretty reverts back to his more successful style of play. Gallagher is the easy 3rd here, but I wonder if the bigger bodied Armia could find an even strength role. Could Scherbak play a bit of a Radulov-lite role to compliment?

Domi - Danault - Gallagher/Scherbak

I wonder what kind of goal numbers Danault could put up with Domi on his wing? Gallagher/Scherbak provide the secondary scoring from a 2nd line.

Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia

I swear it's not because they are all Finnish. Two defensively responsible wingers who are both competent offensively. A decent intro into the league

Powerplay

Pacioretty - Domi - Scherbak
Drouin - Petry

I'd love to see the Habs go to 4F 1D powerplay sans Weber.

Even once Weber returns, put the skill on PP1 and go 4F 1 D. Then put some size/net pressence players on PP2 and let Weber and Reilly get shots on net.
i second this. It’s a great way to showcase Kotkaniemi, in between 2 players that are sound at both ends of the ice. It’s a great way to pump up the kid for his 1st NHL experience.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Interesting roster with mostly youngsters:

Pacioretty - Poehling - Gallagher
Drouin - Danault - Hudon
Lekhonen - Kotka - Armia
Byron - Domi - Scherbak

Mete - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Rielly - Lernout/Schlemko

Price/Lindgren

Scratch: Deslauriers/Plekanec/Peca/DLR/Froese/Benn/Niemi
Injuries: Weber/Shaw

We have way too many wingers...:help:

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I want Dupres and Oullet with either Weber and Petry. It's time to throw "safe" out-of the window and go with high potential moves imo.
And how does playing Ouellet 20+ minutes a night could equal high potential move?

The guy was not a regular, even on Detroit blueline, wich is as bad as ours without Weber... Ouellet is nothing more than a no 8D... you can put him at no2 or 3... Won't make him one tho

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Camp should be time to be ready for the season, since it's so short:

My lineup for the seaosn is:

Pacioretty Danault Scherbak
Domi Drouin Gallagher
Hudon Pleks Lehkonen
Armia DLR/Froese Deslauriers (let De la Rose start the year, but at some point he has to play better than Froese, unlike last year)

Rielly Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Mete Ouellette/Depres Benn/Lernout

Mete can take Alzner's spot, but I would give Rielly a chance to grow his defensive game and Oullette a look before having Mete take one of their spots.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher.
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Drouin.
Hudon - Plekanec - Armia.
Byron - De la Rose/Peca - Lehkonen.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Making some assumptions like Drouin stays C and Max is with us to start the year...

67 - 92 - 11

Got a workhorse in Gally who is also a shooting option for Drouin to pass to. Patches will be around to take his perimeter shots and if they don’t go in, Gally can chip them in. With Patches and Gallagher on the ice, they should make up for Drouin’s defensive issues.

Lehkonen - Danault - Domi

I think a decent workmanlike line with some offense mixed in.

Scherbak - Hudon - Armia

I know Scherbak is RW, but we’ll see...

Byron - DLR - DLo

Don’t really care after the 3rd line, though to be fair, I don’t really care outside the top-6.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I tried making up an entire lineup like some posters have done in here, but I just got too depressed in the process and gave up. Trying to make an exciting lineup with this sad roster is like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle with only half the pieces, while the pieces are soggy, and you're wearing oven mitts.

So ill just say that I'd like to see Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Scherbak in the first preseason game. Won't happen, but that's pretty much the most exciting line I can put together from this delapitated roster.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Byron and Shaw hurt to start the year so...

Lehkonen / Drouin / Armia: If Drouin plays center, he needs a realiable two way winger in Lehkonen and some size/skating/skill combo in Armia. Drouin needs to play with hard working players with some skill. Lehkonen and Armia fit.

Patch / Domi / Gallagher: I think this could be a very good line. I'm willing to try Domi at center and I think he works real hard for us in that role too. If it don't work, I move Danault up and Domi on the 3rd line

Danault / DLR / Scherbak: I like DLR's game at center and I have both Danault and DLR swapping roles depending on who produces as our 3rd center. I'm not willing to automatically give Danault a pass at center. I want him to remain hungry for ice time. I think Scherbak fits with them too.

Deslauriers / Pleky / Hudon: I like having Shaw or Byron in replace of Deslauriers but for now, I try this. I think a Pleky, Byron, Hudon like would be good as well but we have to wait.

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Byron and Shaw hurt to start the year so...

Lehkonen / Drouin / Armia: If Drouin plays center, he needs a realiable two way winger in Lehkonen and some size/skating/skill combo in Armia. Drouin needs to play with hard working players with some skill. Lehkonen and Armia fit.

Patch / Domi / Gallagher: I think this could be a very good line. I'm willing to try Domi at center and I think he works real hard for us in that role too. If it don't work, I move Danault up and Domi on the 3rd line

Danault / DLR / Scherbak: I like DLR's game at center and I have both Danault and DLR swapping roles depending on who produces as our 3rd center. I'm not willing to automatically give Danault a pass at center. I want him to remain hungry for ice time. I think Scherbak fits with them too.

Deslauriers / Pleky / Hudon: I like having Shaw or Byron in replace of Deslauriers but for now, I try this. I think a Pleky, Byron, Hudon like would be good as well but we have to wait.

Byron looks fine, he will probably be ready for the start of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->