Pre-Game Talk: Lines before the Season Opener

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Has the potential to be awful, too.
Calling Namestnikov a 40-50 point player...is a stretch. He had one 40-point season, centering two of the highest scoring wingers in the NHL.
Fabbri's had a few good "pace" seasons, but he's got something to prove, too. Especially at center.

Namestnikov has mostly been a 3rd liner between 13 and 15 minutes a night producing at a 30ish point pace. Decent for a 3rd liner. When given 17 minutes a night, 2nd liner minutes, he produced like a 2nd liner.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to expect 0.50 or 0.6o points per game from him and Fabbri if they're given 17 minutes a night.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
I thought Dekeyser was never going to move down the lineup. Thank you Blash. Most overrated Dman in 300 years. Stretcher should honestly be in his spot...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So mixed signals here. They get rid of Abby, yet Nielsen not only makes the team, but gets an A. HOW? WHY?

After +30 million season profit, Chris Ilitch is clearly trying to save money for not buying out Nielsen but putting him to captain duties! :eek:

Oh wait.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Agreed on all points. Especially with Fabbri at center. Its easy for players who played wing when moved to center to be a winger that happens to take faceoffs. It'll be important to see if he can actually handle centering duties.

Would be interesting to see, how Fabbri works with Namestnikov. It could be like Leino-Briere which did work nicely at Flyers 2010 short glory moment. Leino was a center in offensive zone/with puck, Briere was the center at Defensive Zone/without the puck.

Namestnikov is clearly the defensive player on that line, even though at Winger position. He could still handle some of the typical Center duties. Think they had something like this at Tampa, when Namestnikov played with Stamkos and Kucherov.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
After 30 million per season profit, Chris Ilitch is clearly trying to save money for not buying out Nielsen but putting him to captain duties!

Oh wait.
Nielsen is needed for the expansion draft, and due to his contract structure, the team would have saved only $1.3M if he was bought out this summer, $500k if bought out after this season. If the team signs someone else to take his roster spot, then the team would actually be spending MORE, not less.

I have no idea why he got the "A", he must be a very good locker room presence, or he kisses Blash's ass really well.

In any case, take a look at the numbers (you can change the date back to June 2020)
Frans Nielsen Contract Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I thought Dekeyser was never going to move down the lineup. Thank you Blash. Most overrated Dman in 300 years. Stretcher should honestly be in his spot...

Nobody overrates DDK. We all know what he is. He is a decent 2nd pairing LD. Definitely not a 1st paring guy. He, like Big Rig, were asked to play over their skis.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Nobody overrates DDK. We all know what he is. He is a decent 2nd pairing LD. Definitely not a 1st paring guy. He, like Big Rig, were asked to play over their skis.

He's 6'3 and ONLY 190 lbs. Does this guy eat? Does he lift? You'd think he would have hit puberty by now...

He's a 3rd pairing Dman on a championship team. His $5 mil paycheck is ludicrous. It's amazing he hasn't become a whipping boy among fans yet. He should be up there in buyout talks along with Nielsen.

Reactions: Oddbob

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Overrated by ... who now?

Should be fun to see you and the rest of this board slowly realize that we don't have anyone better to play the #1LD role..

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He's 6'3 and ONLY 190 lbs. Does this guy eat? Does he lift? You'd think he would have hit puberty by now...

He's a 3rd pairing Dman on a championship team. His $5 mil paycheck is ludicrous. It's amazing he hasn't become a whipping boy among fans yet. He should be up there in buyout talks along with Nielsen.

Bruh...he's got a medical condition.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Overrated by ... who now?

Should be fun to see you and the rest of this board slowly realize that we don't have anyone better to play the #1LD role..

Ken Holland for one. How on earth did he hand DK a multi year $5 mil contract????

Nemeth is much better and is deservingly playing LH1D.

Reactions: Oddbob

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Ken Holland for one. How on earth did he hand DK a multi year $5 mil contract????

Nemeth is much better and is deservingly playing LH1D.
Nemeth is okay. We’ll see how he looks in a #1LHD role.

Imagine our D the last few years without Dekeyser. Well, you saw it last season. Signing him was absolute necessity.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Some condition that makes it difficult for him to keep on/gain weight. He's got a 10000 calorie a day diet.

Wow I never knew this actually. Thanks.
10K calories is honestly ridiculous. Does he have worms or something??
I remember in prime silverback days I was consuming about 4K calories a day trying to add size. Working out intensely about 20 hours a week. 4K calories is a ton of food and I had to actively think about eating and force myself to eat more... 10K is wow. What are his poops like? I have so many questions.

Reactions: Gniwder

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
What's that? Being a pock marked pizza face?

Yeah severe Acne is a medical condition (or a symptom of other issues). Im sure there are plenty of posters on here who have had to deal with Accutane treatments and daily face scrubbings just to not have their face in constant pain growing up. Weird thing to rip on him for EDIT: didnt even realize he had that calorie consuming medical issue. Eating that much has to be brutal

Reactions: Pavels Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad