Line Combos: Lines 2-4 (To start training camp/pre-season)

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Kam was protected from waivers, so maybe they just want him some actual game time before calling him up. I wouldn't mind him getting the big minutes he got last night. Also the Eagles centre depth is awful. Toninato is not a top 6 AHLer, Beaudin and Shyvrev are raw. Kam is a legit top line guy in the AHL and he's needed there.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Kam was protected from waivers, so maybe they just want him some actual game time before calling him up. I wouldn't mind him getting the big minutes he got last night. Also the Eagles centre depth is awful. Toninato is not a top 6 AHLer, Beaudin and Shyvrev are raw. Kam is a legit top line guy in the AHL and he's needed there.

Well I think the purpose of giving Toninato top six minutes is to see if he can develop some offensive creativity (I don't think he will but it's worth a try). I think everyone knows, including him, he's not likely much more than a 4th line defensive guy at the NHL level.

Reactions: McMetal

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Kamanev should be with Soderberg and Andrighetto when he comes back.

Nieto and Bourque are valuable players but valuable 4th line players and should not be seeing top 9 minutes.

Landeskog - Mack - Rantanen
Wilson - Jost - Kerfoot
Kamanev - Soderberg - Ghetto
Nieto - Compher - Calvert​

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Who is sitting next game? Obviously not Dano. Kamenev, they want a look at. Ghetto back.

I'd go
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Kerfoot-Jost-Dano
Wilson-Soderberg-Ghetto
Calvert-Kamenev-Compher

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Who is sitting next game? Obviously not Dano. Kamenev, they want a look at. Ghetto back.

I'd go
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Kerfoot-Jost-Dano
Wilson-Soderberg-Ghetto
Calvert-Kamenev-Compher

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Kerfoot-Compher-Wilson
Jost-Soderberg-Ghetto
Calvert-Kamenev-Dano

Maybe switch Calvert/Ghetto, keep the Kamenev line more skilled while the Soda line still having skill while keeping it as the more shutdown type line.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Kerfoot-Compher-Wilson
Jost-Soderberg-Ghetto
Calvert-Kamenev-Dano

Whatever gets Neato and Borq nacho duty I'm fine with lol. That means Soda has better wingers no matter how you slice it.

I think Kam should stay at center now. Either move Compher up and to the right side, or move Jost to the left.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
While JTC is still out

Lando-Mack-Rants
Kerfoot-Kamenev-Wilson
Jost-Soderberg-Calvert
Nieto-Dano-Ghetto

Once JTC is back

Lando-Mack-Rants
Kerfoot-JTC-Wilson
Jost-Soda-Calvert
Dano-Kamenev-Ghetto
(Can swap JTC and Kam here if Kam clicks on the 2nd line)

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think Compher has a better balance to his game right now and can play center at a higher level ATM. I don't think that Compher has the chops to be a #2C though... #3 spot seems like his calling long-term.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Landeskog- MacKinnon- Rantanen
Andrighetto - Kerfoot - Wilson
Nieto - Soderberg - Calvert
Dano - Jost - Bourque
Kamanev

*Compher

Jost demoted to the 4th line.

We are basically missing an entire 2nd line and our 4th line probably shouldn't be playing right now. Maybe it's time to shop Jost to see what we can get for a scoring winger. Jost for an extended Jakob Silferberg would be nice but probably a stretch.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
We are basically missing an entire 2nd line and our 4th line probably shouldn't be playing right now. Maybe it's time to shop Jost to see what we can get for a scoring winger. Jost for an extended Jakob Silferberg would be nice but probably a stretch.

Sakic should be immediately fired if he ever made that trade.

Good grief.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Dano - Jost - Bourque
Kamanev

*Compher

No. I get he's struggling right now but we're not trading a 20 year old player with plenty of potential left.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
No. I get he's struggling right now but we're not trading a 20 year old player with plenty of potential left.

You need to give something to get something.

Maybe more than Silferberg but adding a top 6 scorer under contract for Jost would not be a bad deal. And I'm a huge Jost fan btw.

Do you honestly see Jost as a future 20 goal scorer? I dont know. It seems the tools are there but I'm afraid he will be a guy who was pushed in too early and will never develop the way he was supposed to. Right now he is severely lacking confidence and I think a stretch in the minors will help him out greatly.

We should have let him skate in the AHL for at least a season after North Dakota. There was no rush to push him into the lineup as a 19 year old. Especially with no veteran leadership to help him out.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Dano - Jost - Bourque
Kamanev

*Compher

The only type of player Jost should be traded for is an already elite player. And even then I’d rather add that type of player to Jost’s line. He’s struggling now offensively, but defensively he’s been great. We just have to see if he can put it together and become a top 6fwd offensively at C or not.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Compher should be developed into a reliable 2-way 3C. That's really where he fits the most.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
You need to give something to get something.

Maybe more than Silferberg but adding a top 6 scorer under contract for Jost would not be a bad deal. And I'm a huge Jost fan btw.
No. Trading Jost would be stupid unless it was a home run deal, and Silfverberg isn't that.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
The only type of player Jost should be traded for is an already elite player. And even then I’d rather add that type of player to Jost’s line. He’s struggling now offensively, but defensively he’s been great. We just have to see if he can put it together and become a top 6fwd offensively at C or not.

I just dont see it from him. I think he can be a 10-15 goal scorer as a 3rd / 4th line center if we keep this trajectory going with him and that's not what we expect out of him.

I think once Compher comes back Jost should be sent to the AHL, paired with a veteran forward and get his confidence back.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I just dont see it from him. I think he can be a 10-15 goal scorer as a 3rd / 4th line center if we keep this trajectory going with him and that's not what we expect out of him.

I think once Compher comes back Jost should be sent to the AHL, paired with a veteran forward and get his confidence back.

Good lord. That’s a scorching take. Put him on the wing and he’ll be fine. I still have my doubts on him being a top 6 C. But top 6 wing is very plausible. But he’s fine in the NHL right now and clearly is capable of playing.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Jost skating on the 4th line for 8 minutes a night with AHL wingers line Bourque and Dano will only hurt his growth.

Might as well send him down to get 20 minutes a night in an offensive role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->