Line Combos: Lines 2-4 (To start training camp/pre-season)

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Good lord. That’s a scorching take. Put him on the wing and he’ll be fine. I still have my doubts on him being a top 6 C. But top 6 wing is very plausible. But he’s fine in the NHL right now and clearly is capable of playing.

Agree to disagree.

I had high hopes for Jost this year but after 8 games he seems in over his head.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Agree to disagree.

I had high hopes for Jost this year but after 8 games he seems in over his head.
Key words there are 8 games. In a month if we are still having this conversation I'll be surprised. He just needs a little more time but I do agree that he might have been better served to play a season in the AHL but that ship has sailed imo

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
TBF Jost was over his head in a scoring role center last year too. It is just pretty clear he isn't there yet. I know many have high hopes on him, so let's hope he finds a way to turn the corner here soon. The #2C role is too important to have struggling and expecting to compete for the playoffs.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Yep, let him be our Parise.

I'd be calling Toronto and see if a deal can be made.

Jost and maybe our 1st for Nylander.

Give both guys a fresh start.

Andrighetto - Nylander - Wilson

That's a nice looking 2nd line. Then Kaut can slot into the right side next year if he is ready

Reactions: Tommy G

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
I'd be calling Toronto and see if a deal can be made.

Jost and maybe our 1st for Nylander.

Give both guys a fresh start.

Andrighetto - Nylander - Wilson

That's a nice looking 2nd line. Then Kaut can slot into the right side next year if he is ready
I could live with this trade if it weren't for the outrageous contract Willie is almost assured to get imo.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I think it's a good time to bump this thread. Hoping to see a line of Kamenev-Soderberg-Ghetto

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Let's get crazy when JTC gets back.

Top line
Kerfoot-Soderberg-Jost
Andrighetto-Kamenev-Compher
Wilson-Calvert-Whatever

Let Kerfoot take Soda's faceoffs. Use Wilson and Calvert in the d zone and let them play their annoying, vanilla hockey together. I want to see Jost's shot on his off-wing with Soda to set him up, and I want to see how Kamenev does with that speedy pair of wingers.

Draw it up, Jared.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Kerfoot-Kamenev-Jost
Sven-Soda-Wilson
Dries/Bourque-JTC-Calvert

Is how I could see it ending up.

Bednar said he wants to keep Kerfoot/Jost together, Kamenev has been consistently looking better and better so I'd like to see him get a shot in the top 6. and JTC/Calvert showed solid chemistry before he got injured.

Last edited:

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I'd like to see Jost with Soda for a stretch. When everyone's healthy
Jost - Soderberg - Calvert
Wilson - Kerfoot - Compher
Nieto - Kamenev - Andrighetto

I think those give us 3 balanced lines with some offense and defensive awareness. I also don't think we take Kerfoot or Kamenev away from center (though I would like to see them on a line) just because they are both thriving there, especially on FOs

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
imo Ghetto has proven himself as the team's 4th or 5th best forward (right after or before Soderberg). He already has a few key goals and generates good chances more than others. He can't be on the 4th line and should be on the 2nd.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'd like to see Jost with Soda for a stretch. When everyone's healthy
Jost - Soderberg - Calvert
Wilson - Kerfoot - Compher
Nieto - Kamenev - Andrighetto

I think those give us 3 balanced lines with some offense and defensive awareness. I also don't think we take Kerfoot or Kamenev away from center (though I would like to see them on a line) just because they are both thriving there, especially on FOs

Hell no on Matt Calvert - 2nd line winger. Swap him and Ghetto and you're onto something.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Let's get crazy when JTC gets back.

Top line
Kerfoot-Soderberg-Jost
Andrighetto-Kamenev-Compher
Wilson-Calvert-Whatever

Let Kerfoot take Soda's faceoffs. Use Wilson and Calvert in the d zone and let them play their annoying, vanilla hockey together. I want to see Jost's shot on his off-wing with Soda to set him up, and I want to see how Kamenev does with that speedy pair of wingers.

Draw it up, Jared.

Like those combos the most, ulitmelty I just wanna see Jost play with Sodaberg and Kamenev get more of an opportunity.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Kerfoot - Kamenev - Wilson
Jost - Söderberg - Calvert
Dries - Compher - Andrighetto

Prefer Dries over Nieto but don't expect that to stick.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Soderberg's line is always going to get the checking matchups and put with high energy, defensive type players first and foremost. I almost feel like Bednar wouldn't be sure what would be better in his view, getting rid of his checking line (i.e. Soda with 2 plugs) or breaking up the top line. I think JTC/Jost/Kam would be the most offensive guy he would give to Soda as I don't think he trusts 'Ghetto/Kerfoot to have much defensive responsibilities.

Definitely a bit odd than the rest, but I'd like seeing (that's kind of realistic IMO):

Landy - Mack - Rants
JTC - Soda - Kam
Kerfoot - Jost - 'Ghetto
Calvert - Dries - Wilson
Nieto

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I don't think putting Kamenev on Soda's line can work. It's like trying to to get two negative or two positive magnet poles to attract each other imo. Also neither Soda nor Kam work well on the wing while both of them are really strong defensive and playmaking centers. I also want to see Jost be reunited with Compher because they have (at least had) the best chemistry on the team ignoring the first line. So the best I can come up with would be:

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Compher-Soderberg-Jost
Kerfoot-Kamenev-Andrighetto
Calvert-Wilson-Nieto

Reactions: burgundyblue

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Landy-Mack-Rants (Win us games plz line)
Wilson-Kerfoot-Andrighetto (Sheltered scoring line)
Jost-Soderberg-Compher (Checking line that scores)
Calvert-Kamanev-Nieto (Checking line that doesn't)

Soda and Kam can be interchanged because Bednar loves playing offensive black holes with Soda.

Reactions: ljb4 and thejamch

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
My new wish is a line of Kamenev - Kerfoot - Ghetto.

Everyone knows I love ghetto. I think he’s unbelievable in the offensive zone. Always gets to the right areas and moves the puck effectively. He also shoots it really well. I think he lacks as a neutral zone puck carrier and REALLLY lacks in the D zone.

Kerfoot becomes the zone entry guy of that line. Everyone knows the positives that he brings to the table. He lacks in the defensive zone but he’s also too good on draws to not play centre. Which is where Kamenev comes in. Kamenev seems like he’s well suited to play center but a full season on the wing isn’t a bad idea. Plus he can still be the guy who plays low in the D zone (he’s better than Kerfoot there) in the same way that ROR did when he played wing beside Dutchy.

I’m not convinced Kamenev or Kerfoot have the all round ability to be full time centers YET, but I think they can both play a hybrid centre roll to play to each other’s strengths which will also help both develop into full time centers.

Reactions: burgundyblue

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
My new wish is a line of Kamenev - Kerfoot - Ghetto.

Everyone knows I love ghetto. I think he’s unbelievable in the offensive zone. Always gets to the right areas and moves the puck effectively. He also shoots it really well. I think he lacks as a neutral zone puck carrier and REALLLY lacks in the D zone.

Kerfoot becomes the zone entry guy of that line. Everyone knows the positives that he brings to the table. He lacks in the defensive zone but he’s also too good on draws to not play centre. Which is where Kamenev comes in. Kamenev seems like he’s well suited to play center but a full season on the wing isn’t a bad idea. Plus he can still be the guy who plays low in the D zone (he’s better than Kerfoot there) in the same way that ROR did when he played wing beside Dutchy.

I’m not convinced Kamenev or Kerfoot have the all round ability to be full time centers YET, but I think they can both play a hybrid centre roll to play to each other’s strengths which will also help both develop into full time centers.
I agree
And the 3rd line will be
Jost-Soderberg-JTC
Dries-Wilson-Calvert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->