Line Combos: Line projections

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't DeAngelo lead the defenseman in just about every relative advanced metric?

I absolutely do not see what others see in regards to his own zone play. Relative to his teammates not named mcdonagh I felt like he was actually one of the BEST players in his own zone with regards to THIS SYSTEM. I can't stress enough that a lot of his perceived mistakes were either 100% the result of him trying to bail out his d partner who effed up and he's left as the last man standing trying to defend and odd man rush. OR he's left in no man's land as a direct result of a man overload that frequently requires defenseman to guard 2 or 3 guys when we fail to achieve a turnover as a result of the overload.

Believe me when I saily tda is a guy I don't want to like...politically and ethinically I find him...less than appealing. But I focused in on him almost exclusively and after his recall I think he was our best rhd and it really wasn't all that close. Pionk got a lot of fanfare because pucks went in when he was on the ice but it sure felt like Ada generated a lot more and got zero puck luck.

DeAngelo will get his chances this season, but the bold is totally ridiculous fluff.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Chytil-Hayes-Zuccarello
Namestnikov-Andersson-Spooner
Vesey-Nieves-Fast
McLeod

Skjei-Shattenkirk
Staal-Pionk
Smith-DeAngelo
Claesson

Lundqvist
Georgiev

I see something like that, based on the current roster.

Something like that seems accurate given the current state of the team, and reminds me this organization is years away from contending for anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad