Line Combos: Line predictions next 2 seasons

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
But if Dumba is traded for a legit C, our D will suffer, and we will still have Bjugstad, Rask, Sturm, and Johansson hanging around. I have some slight hope for Sturm.
The reality is, you don't need an elite top 4 to win a cup. Just like you don't need an elite goaltender.

Doesn't do you any good if they're elite, yet you can't score.

Reactions: MuckOG

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dmen can't score?

Not disagreeing that we need forward help, but my point is that we are simply rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Guerin's idiotic trade of Staal has left us in worse shape than before...we have to make a nice trade just to get back to the way we were.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Dmen can't score?

Not disagreeing that we need forward help, but my point is that we are simply rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Guerin's idiotic trade of Staal has left us in worse shape than before...we have to make a nice trade just to get back to the way we were.
Johansson is gonna outshine staal dont fret!

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Trading Dumba won't create that big of a hole some of you are alluding to. He's a good player but he's certainly no pillar of excellency.

Last edited:

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Trading Dumba won't create that big of a whole some of you are alluding to. He's a good player but he's certainly no pillar of excellency.
agreed, id be pretty open at this point to trade him for 10 + or Danault and have a top 6 of very defensively sound centers to let our wingers be extra offensive and know that if they do mess up they got a C who has their back more times than not.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t foresee the Dumba trade hurting us much at all when comparing what he brought this year. He was atrocious for a long stretch and was even relegated to 3rd pair. We already missed the offense he brought last year, so we’re use to it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dmen can't score?

We were shutout multiple times in the playoffs. Obviously our elite defense doesn't bring enough offense to overcome our lack of offense at forward.

Yes, it's reshuffling the deck, but the hope is to bring more offense up front while not losing "too much" on the back end. We should still be above average defensively, just no longer elite.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
But if Dumba is traded for a legit C, our D will suffer, and we will still have Bjugstad, Rask, Sturm, and Johansson hanging around. I have some slight hope for Sturm.

If Menell is a legit offensive threat it'd make trading Dumba a whole lot easier on the team.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Trading Dumba also opens up chances for all 3 of Belpeido, Menell, and Addison considering peido can play LHD comfortably as a righty.

But trading for the sake of a trade and taking low return and watching dumba grow into a better player would suck. Be like burns all over again.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Trading Dumba also opens up chances for all 3 of Belpeido, Menell, and Addison considering peido can play LHD comfortably as a righty.

But trading for the sake of a trade and taking low return and watching dumba grow into a better player would suck. Be like burns all over again.
Belpedio.

Reactions: grN1g

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Maybe we see how Rossi does in the Swiss league before we give him top 6 minutes in the NHL?
If he is healthy, he will be ready. We are not asking him to put up points. If he gets to 0.5 ppg, he is a better center than Johansson.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Fiala-JEE-Zucc
Johansson-Rossi-Kap

Is what I want to see.

I would not dare to break Foligno - JEE - (X) , they seem to have some nice chemistry.

upload_2020-11-9_19-55-16.png

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know, very small sample size. I just find it funny because Suter gets so obviously pissed when he plays with Dumba.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
I know, very small sample size. I just find it funny because Suter gets so obviously pissed when he plays with Dumba.
Suter doesn't like playing with Dumba because he runs around out of position and he has to cover for him and work harder. He would much rather play with Spurgeon who has better hockey sense. Brodin's skating ability and elite defensive skills make him a better match for Dumba.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dumba is the like the energetic puppy who wants to play, and Suter his grumpy owner. Dumba is all about impulse, Suter, deliberation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad