Line of the day(Tuesday):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey_Nut99

rabi said:
Everyone hear how Goodenow said something about Bill Daly "not taking a 24% rollback in his salary"...

I was LOL!!!

I can't believe that hasn't been a soundbyte...

Anyone been able to find the actual quote?

I was suprised how good Bettman was yesterday. Bob Goodenow got his a** handed to him yesterday. Of course he is going to say dumb things like that. He is losing bigtime.

I.am.ca

Hockeyfan02 said:
None of these guys are losing big time, the fans are losing big time. But then again, when did either of these sides care about the fans?

blah blah blah, been said soooo many frickin times, it has no effect anymore, try to say something original.

Bob "Girlie Man" Goodenow has nothing on Gary "Ironmouth" Bettman.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Daley might consider replying that he (and virtually any lawyer, brain surgeon or other professional) would happily accept the salary of the average NHLer...even after the 24% rollback !

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I.am.ca said:
blah blah blah, been said soooo many frickin times, it has no effect anymore, try to say something original.

Oh sorry. I guess I have to pick a side and bash Bettman or Goodenow to be more original. :shakehead

I.am.ca

Hockeyfan02 said:
Oh sorry. I guess I have to pick a side and bash Bettman or Goodenow to be more original. :shakehead

There we go...its just that everyone says "The fans are the biggest losers in this..."

Didn't mean to offend u.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I.am.ca said:
There we go...its just that everyone says "The fans are the biggest losers in this..."

Didn't mean to offend u.

Its ok. Nothing said on the internet offends me. I just cant pick a side at this point when, in my opinion, neither wants to get this settled.

YellHockey*

Hockey_Nut99 said:
I was suprised how good Bettman was yesterday. Bob Goodenow got his a** handed to him yesterday. Of course he is going to say dumb things like that. He is losing bigtime.

Only those who can't see behind the Bettmantrix would think that what Goodenow said was dumb. Why shouldn't Bettman and Daly take paycuts of 24%? They seem to think that the league is in trouble and they want to be partners with the players so why shouldn't they act like partners and share the paycut?

The players have taken the red pill and see what is behind the Bettmantrix. The fans, for the most part, seem to be popping blue pills like crazy.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
BlackRedGold said:
Only those who can't see behind the Bettmantrix would think that what Goodenow said was dumb. Why shouldn't Bettman and Daly take paycuts of 24%? They seem to think that the league is in trouble and they want to be partners with the players so why shouldn't they act like partners and share the paycut?

The players have taken the red pill and see what is behind the Bettmantrix. The fans, for the most part, seem to be popping blue pills like crazy.

Yeah, or how about if the players accept a salary cap only if the league accepts a revenue cap.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
BlackRedGold said:
Only those who can't see behind the Bettmantrix would think that what Goodenow said was dumb. Why shouldn't Bettman and Daly take paycuts of 24%?
Of course its dumb. What will that do to fix the leagues problems? It serves no purpose other than an attempt to make the other side look bad.

If you think its not a dumb suggestion and feel that will help solve the dispute, then I think youre taking the red and the blue pills, plus the expired perscrips in the back of the medicine cabinet.

Lanny MacDonald*

BlackRedGold said:

Dude, The Matrix was a movie. It doesn't exist. I think you need to get a grip. Blue pills. Red pills. I don't think it matters to you, you seem to be on enough of them for everyone!

;)

YellHockey*

Cawz said:
Of course its dumb. What will that do to fix the leagues problems? It serves no purpose other than an attempt to make the other side look bad.

I'll explain it to you in simple terms so that you might be able to understand.

League lose money.

League pay Bettman. Bettman make big money.

League pay Daly. Daly make big money.

League pay Bettman less money.

League pay Daly less money.

League lose less money.

I hope that's simple enough for you to understand.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
rabi said:
Everyone hear how Goodenow said something about Bill Daly "not taking a 24% rollback in his salary"...

I was LOL!!!

Knob Goodenow is now trying his hand at stand-up comedy...

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Hockey_Nut99 said:

When did the CBA turn into a presidential election??????????????

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
BlackRedGold said:

League lose money.

League lose less money.

Sorry, I didnt realize that their paycheques amounted to the $200 million losses. My bad.

Youre like the people who say "if our country is in so much debt, we should pay the politicians less", even though that would save negligable dollars.

How much less money would league lose? Explain to me in simple $s and %s.

Seruously dude, youre grasping if you think that should be an issue.

myrocketsgotcracked

BlackRedGold said:

League lose money.

League lose less money.

bettman and daly are earning a tiny tiny amount of money comparing to what the players are making. even if they take a 24% paycut, or even a 100% paycut, it wont even cover for jagr's salary. the league and the nhlpa should worry about the bigger issues (revenue sharing, for example) then cutting a couple million dollars (specially when the players earn over a billion dollars)

A Good Flying Bird*

I.am.ca said:

This is the kind of debate we need more of.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Goodenow sounded like a petulant twelve year old.

He used the phrase "work stoppage"! I don't like that phrase. He should use the words *I* want him to use!

Dude. It's a stoppage of work. I think the phrase is pretty accurate.

It's Gary's Lockout! If I say "Owner's Lockout" and "Gary's Lockout" enough times in a row, do you think people will suddenly start to like me?

YellHockey*

Cawz said:
Sorry, I didnt realize that their paycheques amounted to the $200 million losses. My bad.

Jagr's paycheques doesn't amount to the $200M "losses" either. Why should he pay?

If Bettman wants a partnership with the players why isn't he doing his part?

Youre like the people who say "if our country is in so much debt, we should pay the politicians less", even though that would save negligable dollars.

No. I'm saying that if the country is in debt and we need to raise taxes the prime minister should see the same increase in income tax as the rest of the taxpayers.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
BlackRedGold said:
Jagr's paycheques doesn't amount to the $200M "losses" either. Why should he pay?

No. I'm saying that if the country is in debt and we need to raise taxes the prime minister should see the same increase in income tax as the rest of the taxpayers.
Fine so we cut Gary and Bill's salary. Means next to nothing. You sound like... well Goodenow , trying to take some of the heat off the players. Not a bad idea but window dressing.

HckyFght*

MojoJojo said:
Yeah, or how about if the players accept a salary cap only if the league accepts a revenue cap.

While we're all wearin caps, how about a ticket cap?
"Let's Go CAPS!"
-HckyFght!

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
BlackRedGold said:

Like I said before - keep grasping. At least most people see the pointlessness of this arguement

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
rabi said:

I was LOL!!!

Bettman should come back with "OK I'll do a % for % rollback but lets make it a 50% rollback. What do you say to that Bob?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad