Pre-Game Talk: Line 'em up, Preds next

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Interesting to see that every line has a minimum of 2 players with speed.
As a matter of fact there are only 2 players on those forward lines that arent fast...Sheahan and Neal.

That is a major transformation compared to last years team.

I cant remember that last time this team had that much speed.
It's a whole different team in this way, I think it looks pretty damn good to be honest. I don't think it is necessary with 3 speed players on that top line though. McD and Ennis will give room for Neal. Also vice versa, when Neal is on he is a really good forechecker.

The team is still fragile imo, old habits die hard and they are still learning to play a responsible system, but we are looking miles better than we have in while (including 16/17). If everyone is healthy I don't really fear any team in the league.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I ran the Oilers roster (optimum players throughout the org) through my super duper stats grinder and it says this team is basically a +32 team in goals differential over a full season... up from +27 before they acquired AA/Green/Ennis... so this team is basically a top 8 team in the NHL if they can play up to their full potential.

Of course as usual... what's "on paper" doesn't always equate exactly to what happens "on the ice"... but the potential is at least there for this team to be a very good one... this Oilers team could/should be a team capable of being a 2nd tier team just under the levels of the elite teams in the league.

Reactions: Oilhawks

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I like Athanasiu on the third line for now. he has no one to defer to.

Agree, the guy is a puck carrier and chance generator... delightfully selfish with the puck (in a good way). Let him play with guys who will complement him.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Maybe. I know he'll play well with McDavid though. And these are must-win games.
Until he start sniping some he isn't going to produce with McD.
Like you said these are must win games we can't have McD babysit players who need time to figure things out. Ennis is a much better option right now.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Not a huge fan of Archibald on the first line as I think he’s better suited on the third line. But then again, we used to say the same thing about Kassian and he has great chemistry with Connor.

lightninglynx

Feb 29, 2020
too much good news makes me nervous. i've been hurt too many times before :singletear.gif: lol. still hoping for a strong showing tonight.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
RNH McD Drai
Kassian AA Yam
Ennis Sheahan Archibald
Khaira Haas Chiason

am i greedy of a sick first line. why yes yes i am

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
RNH McD Drai
Kassian AA Yam
Ennis Sheahan Archibald
Khaira Haas Chiason

am i greedy of a sick first line. why yes yes i am

We've been a one line team for a long time. It feels good to have the ability to ice 3 strong lines.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Until he start sniping some he isn't going to produce with McD.
Like you said these are must win games we can't have McD babysit players who need time to figure things out. Ennis is a much better option right now.

I agree that Ennis should also be on that line.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

McDavid be like

source.gif

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Maybe. I know he'll play well with McDavid though. And these are must-win games.

Betting if AA is playing well he will get the dump back up. But, last game he was really off every time he got the puck on the 1st line. Killed a lot of plays. Same with Kassian on the 2nd line, dude could do nothing with the puck, couldn't win a board battle, couldn't pass to an actual teammate. Both guys have to show some life on the 3rd line now.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Betting if AA is playing well he will get the dump back up. But, last game he was really off every time he got the puck on the 1st line. Killed a lot of plays. Same with Kassian on the 2nd line, dude could do nothing with the puck, couldn't win a board battle, couldn't pass to an actual teammate. Both guys have to show some life on the 3rd line now.

I agree.
I also think AA is probably playing nervous as hell. From the second he was traded many expected him to have instant chemistry with McDavid and must feel a hell of a lot of pressure to suddenly perform with the greatest player in the world on a playoff bound team when he's spent the last couple of seasons doing his own thing on the worst team in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->