Confirmed with Link: Lindholm + Hanifin to CAL for Hamilton, Fox and Ferland

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Me too, I’d given up on Hanifin reaching his potential

Noah want return to Boston. He want authentic New England clam chowder.

I just watched highlights on every Canes-game this season, and a couple of things stood out to me.

1. There was some weird ass goals we let in this year, both Darling and Ward.

2. Damn was Hanifin and Faulk bad this year, in our own zone. Cost us so many goals.

3. Was really fun to see the younglings late, with Zykov and Foegele.

Don't really know what this has to do with this thread, other than Hanifin was really bad this year after the All Star-break.

He was brutal but the rest of the team sucked too. That said the Florida game in December where he scored the winner and got into his first fight is my favorite memory of the season. That was fun.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
He was brutal but the rest of the team sucked too. That said the Florida game in December where he scored the winner and got into his first fight is my favorite memory of the season. That was fun.
That was the best game of the season, by far. For some reason both teams irritated each other, there were 3 maybe 4 fights and a bunch of huge hits.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
That was the best game of the season, by far. For some reason both teams irritated each other, there were 3 maybe 4 fights and a bunch of huge hits.

That was definitely one of those games where we said “who is this team???”. Hopefully we get those “who is this team???” moments early in the season and they embrace it too.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
That was definitely one of those games where we said “who is this team???”. Hopefully we get those “who is this team???” moments early in the season and they embrace it too.
I remember the home game against Jets in 2016-17, that was a game like that with big hits, rough play and intensity all the way. Felt like a playoff-game if anything. Sadly, that was like the only game that was like that.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
7D5D99D1-EDE3-48B2-B416-E51D1207BB66.jpeg

Right under the avatar if your on a phone

Is it still possible to change your name? If so, I need to get a new one before season starts.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Noah want return to Boston. He want authentic New England clam chowder.

Sorry to be a nitpick, but the technical term is "Noah want return a Boston."

I'm sure most of us remember the story, but long ago in deepest darkest hfboards, a Canadiens fan suggested that Tom Kostopoulos may want to be traded from Carolina to Montreal. He had no source, but merely said "Kostopoulos want return a Habs". I think that was the thread title. Several Canadiens fans went with it and said "yeah that makes sense let's get him" and offered us a salary dump in return for our $917K player.

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington
I don't care what Hanifin develops in to any more. That's the beauty of trading him. As has been said many times, we got the player we wanted Hanifin to become. It doesn't even matter if Hanifin develops into a better player than Hamilton. We don't live in a timeline where that matters to us as a team anymore.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Lot's of marginalizing of Hanifin to feel better about this trade ITT, eh boys? He's going to be very good. Let's just hope we can lock down the guy at a level he projects to be.
Who is “he” in this post? Clearly it’s Hanifin at first, but then that last sentence makes things confusing.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I feel Hanifin has a ways to go to even get to a Jay Bouwmeester level. He's already about there offensively but even defensively Bouwmeester is/was much better. I think that's about his ceiling now which is sort of disappointing given what he was projected to be as a top 5 pick. If he's ever a better d-man than J-Bouw I will be pretty surprised. Not that that's a bad thing... that would still be a really good NHL career.

But then again, I'm not really tearing him down just because he was gone. I started to sour on him awhile ago. Granted, he's young and still has plenty of time to fulfill his potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad