Confirmed with Link: Lindholm + Hanifin to CAL for Hamilton, Fox and Ferland

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
wPfbN6b-_400x400.jpg

This is Hey Duggee- he watches a cadre of diverse little animals and helps them earn merit badges and stuff. I feel that there is a lot of potential for photoshops with Dougie Hamilton and museums here but I don't think I'm the one to do it
giphy.gif

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It's a bit surprising to me that there isn't more overlap.

The communities have slightly different focuses, at least to what I’ve seen. Twitter is definitely “fans,” in the sense that many of them are associated with Section 328 and are much more plugged in to the fan outreach aspects of the team. It’d be hard to fully break into that group without being a Triangle local and being at least a partial season ticket holder.

We are much more focused on roster construction, cap issues, prospect growth and roster construction. Not everyone’s in the area, many are at least casual fans of other teams, etc. We’re not as likely to go meet up somewhere (although I know some have in the past).

I dunno, there’s a bit of infighting with the reputations. I think Canes Twitter thinks we’re all reactionary crazies in the dark parts of the internet (and, given the rest of HF, I don’t blame theme), and at least for me I prefer to engage with the team on a more roster construction, big picture way that we do here (just a fun thing to engage my mind in), rather than mixing in talk of fan meetups and how much player interaction you can get.

For example: until recently my commute let me basically listen to every podcast out there, and one of the few hockey ones I downloaded to become a regular and just couldn’t get through was the Section 328 one. Lots of talk of tailgates and jokes about Skinner liking “chocky milk”, but no real hockey analysis to speak of. It’s not wrong, it engages a different part of the fan base (and maybe I’d be more interested if I still lived in the area), but I’d much prefer the conversation here. There’s lots of smart and (fairly) unbiased opinions here, and some of you guys know your stuff. Not quite the same level of discussion, at least from what I’ve gleaned by lurking on the outskirts of Canes Twitter.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The communities have slightly different focuses, at least to what I’ve seen. Twitter is definitely “fans,” in the sense that many of them are associated with Section 328 and are much more plugged in to the fan outreach aspects of the team. It’d be hard to fully break into that group without being a Triangle local and being at least a partial season ticket holder.

We are much more focused on roster construction, cap issues, prospect growth and roster construction. Not everyone’s in the area, many are at least casual fans of other teams, etc. We’re not as likely to go meet up somewhere (although I know some have in the past).

I dunno, there’s a bit of infighting with the reputations. I think Canes Twitter thinks we’re all reactionary crazies in the dark parts of the internet (and, given the rest of HF, I don’t blame theme), and at least for me I prefer to engage with the team on a more roster construction, big picture way that we do here (just a fun thing to engage my mind in), rather than mixing in talk of fan meetups and how much player interaction you can get.

For example: until recently my commute let me basically listen to every podcast out there, and one of the few hockey ones I downloaded to become a regular and just couldn’t get through was the Section 328 one. Lots of talk of tailgates and jokes about Skinner liking “chocky milk”, but no real hockey analysis to speak of. It’s not wrong, it engages a different part of the fan base (and maybe I’d be more interested if I still lived in the area), but I’d much prefer the conversation here. There’s lots of smart and (fairly) unbiased opinions here, and some of you guys know your stuff. Not quite the same level of discussion, at least from what I’ve gleaned by lurking on the outskirts of Canes Twitter.

Sad to say since I do participate a bit (but not a ton) in Canes Twitter as well but a significant part of it embodies a lot of my biggest criticisms about the fanbase as a whole. Especially the absolute propensity over the past half dozen years or so for a large portion of our fanbase to act like (insert backup that we signed here) is 20 points better then they actual are in save percentage simply because their name isn't Cam Ward.

Both are very in to statistical analysis which, well, can you blame us? Gotta find what shreds of hope we can.

Really in truth HFCanes and CanesTwitter are two very different parts of the fanbase but there's plenty of room for overlap. I tend to prefer going here because it's easier to go on my long diatribes that may or may not be going somewhere given my level of relative sobriety at the time and the format is just far more conducive to being able to do so when you're not limited to 140 or 280 or whatever it is anymore number of characters. But there are some fantastic people to follow on Canes twitter that really do know their stuff in a big way. And hey, they can meme the f*** out something just as well and effectively as we can. Has to be something to do with being a fanbase that's been as deprived of success and rational optimism as we have for as long as we have.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Sad to say since I do participate a bit (but not a ton) in Canes Twitter as well but a significant part of it embodies a lot of my biggest criticisms about the fanbase as a whole. Especially the absolute propensity over the past half dozen years or so for a large portion of our fanbase to act like (insert backup that we signed here) is 20 points better then they actual are in save percentage simply because their name isn't Cam Ward.

Both are very in to statistical analysis which, well, can you blame us? Gotta find what shreds of hope we can.

Really in truth HFCanes and CanesTwitter are two very different parts of the fanbase but there's plenty of room for overlap. I tend to prefer going here because it's easier to go on my long diatribes that may or may not be going somewhere given my level of relative sobriety at the time and the format is just far more conducive to being able to do so when you're not limited to 140 or 280 or whatever it is anymore number of characters. But there are some fantastic people to follow on Canes twitter that really do know their stuff in a big way. And hey, they can meme the **** out something just as well and effectively as we can. Has to be something to do with being a fanbase that's been as deprived of success and rational optimism as we have for as long as we have.
tl;dr

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
There's no way for a post on here to go 'viral.' There's also no way to get 'followers.' You post, a few people read it, and then it's on to the next thing. It's just a way better way to have these discussion because nobody is doing anything other than saying what they think to say what they think.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
There's no way for a post on here to go 'viral.' There's also no way to get 'followers.' You post, a few people read it, and then it's on to the next thing. It's just a way better way to have these discussion because nobody is doing anything other than saying what they think to say what they think.
This whole f***ing board is viral.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I have Twitter but I mostly use it as a news aggregation tool. Like a lot of social media sites, I feel it's mostly for extroverted types, and for people who came of age later than I did although I realize a lot of people my age or older use it as well. None of my friends or family really tweet, so it's even more of a reason I don't really do it myself. I also don't really like the limited format even if that's kinda what makes Twitter what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Did I ever tell you of the time when I got snowed in on the road on Christmas Eve and Kris Letang saved me?

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Im pretty heavily involved in canes Twitter. Though I dont run the Rib Frabcus account unfortunately.

Twitters dangerous bro. Step out of line and all of a sudden you wake up and a bunch of kids living in their parents basements have somehow compelled an entire corporation to find and fire you, whereas here I just accumulate these fictitious "points"

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
it's interesting in a "one hive-mind observing another hive-mind" kind of way. the one thing about this place that keeps me interested is that uninformed opinions (own included) are frequently checked against reality. nobody just goes along to get along which is productive usually for understanding nuance.

this is bullshit and nuance is bullshit and you are bullshit

enviSAGE

waitin on the good times
Aug 10, 2011
Well I only come around here every once and a fortnight just to see how Jordan Staal's doing and to see what the latest ridiculousness this forum has cooked up next Mostly the latter and I seem to never find myself disappointed.

Only two reasons I'm somewhat of a Hurricanes fan actually..

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

10 people liked this post, which has just as much value as 10 Twitter likes, because let's face it, nobody's going to get Twitter-famous posting about the Carolina ****in Hurricanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->